Bugs, Errors, or Problems (Version 3.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Post 3.0 bugs here please.  My best advice to any and all of you.  Save often and keep multiple saves just in case!

Well not sure if its a bug
when i talk to the lords to get missions so i can join there faction i only get
2 choices may I ask you something
and attack you i think
have a minus with this faction ?

new character just started

What faction? Was it the Blighted Plague (teal colour, undead?) If so, then it's most likely because they start off with low relations. Try killing their enemies or helping them out to get higher relations.

Problem: Illorian: Quest 2: Deliver Materials to build site:

I choose Uhan as its village you are awarded when you join illorian.
How ever it turns out its near impossible to actualy finish it when choosing Uhan.
Why ? Basicly the problem is the spawn rate of the elsgard barbarians, they spawn faster then you can kill em and the caravan refuses to go anywhere near them, taken down nearly 2000 elsgard barbarians so far trying to get the silly caravan trough.

EDIT: Was able to get caravan trough after killing nearly 3000 of the filthy creatures.

Illorian everwitch  i started with a negative relation
not sure why ?
will start another character and see what happens
The blight i seem to be at war with
and the purple (sorry cannot remember there faction name)are friendly

tried 2 characters got the same result
and each charioteer started in the Ferron area training ground
maybe will re download and install or something ?

Martyran said:
Illorian everwitch  i started with a negative relation
not sure why ?
will start another character and see what happens
The blight i seem to be at war with
and the purple (sorry cannot remember there faction name)are friendly

tried 2 characters got the same result
and each charioteer started in the Ferron area training ground
maybe will re download and install or something ?

I can't really explain this.  At the start, the player is neutral with all factions except the Blighted Plague.  To gain Plague favor/join their faction, I usually just go see one of the lords (while they are in a castle) and bribe him.  I know at the start, if you don't hurt your relations with them, it only costs around 800 or so to buy a peace with them.  Then you can join their faction.

I don't have any charioteers in the game, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. 

Munx said:
Problem: Illorian: Quest 2: Deliver Materials to build site:

I choose Uhan as its village you are awarded when you join illorian.
How ever it turns out its near impossible to actualy finish it when choosing Uhan.
Why ? Basicly the problem is the spawn rate of the elsgard barbarians, they spawn faster then you can kill em and the caravan refuses to go anywhere near them, taken down nearly 2000 elsgard barbarians so far trying to get the silly caravan trough.

EDIT: Was able to get caravan trough after killing nearly 3000 of the filthy creatures.

Sorry about that.  I allow the player to choose any village they'd like.  Some definately offer more of a challenge then others.  I suspect you picked one of the hardest ones.  The Caravan tends to be real panicky.  Lost Love is a generally easy choice, as are some of the other villages nearby Illoriaon.  Again though, the choice is yours.

Bug: Wrath of Melathar: Illorian High Inquisitor.

It seems most Illorian units take damage from the aura with the exception of Inquisitors.

Munx said:
Bug: Wrath of Melathar: Illorian High Inquisitor.

It seems most Illorian units take damage from the aura with the exception of Inquisitors.

I added those new units and did not exclude them from the aura  (DOH!).  I can fix that relatively easily, and it should be save game compatible.  It should not be affecting other Inquisitors (obviously) and probably is.  Sorry about that, was a late addition and I changed that code during the final hours without changing the other sections of it. 

I can probably issue a patch for this tonight and just have people download the affected files (rather then the whole mod again).  Minus all the textures, music, etc that you already have. the files required for a patch would be quite small.

maybe charioteers should go into the suggestion box  :grin:

Of course  i meant characters

I will reinstall and restart the game to see if it repeats

Martyran said:
maybe charioteers should go into the suggestion box  :grin:

Of course  i meant characters

I will reinstall and restart the game to see if it repeats

Hehe, okay, good luck.  Charioteers would be a good addition though, I agree.  :grin:

Problem?Bug?:Inqusition:Grand Inquisitor:

He is Caputreable and recruitable, Doubt anyone as fanatic as him would join the filthy Planelords :razz:

-AI is having some problems with skills. The BP still foolishly slowly advance to a heavy Archer army and initiates their Aura of Exhaustion usually around half-way when both Armies haven't even met yet, nor exchanged arrows.

-When you travel to Fulum (?), the only Green Town on that Feron Island (Where you have to do that Longgaze quest), you can't cross the ocean via the fastest route. Instead, you need to go around via Greeden etc. There is a small patch on the fastest route where you can't travel over / click on, forcing you to take the long way.

-Near Greeden, there is a bit of Ocean on Land and Land on Ocean (Hope it's not that hard to spot. Don't know how to say it else).

-Also, north of Fulum(?), if you cross the ocean, you can walk over water.

Marche said:
-AI is having some problems with skills. The BP still foolishly slowly advance to a heavy Archer army and initiates their Aura of Exhaustion usually around half-way when both Armies haven't even met yet, nor exchanged arrows.

-When you travel to Fulum (?), the only Green Town on that Feron Island (Where you have to do that Longgaze quest), you can't cross the ocean via the fastest route. Instead, you need to go around via Greeden etc. There is a small patch on the fastest route where you can't travel over / click on, forcing you to take the long way.

-Near Greeden, there is a bit of Ocean on Land and Land on Ocean (Hope it's not that hard to spot. Don't know how to say it else).

-Also, north of Fulum(?), if you cross the ocean, you can walk over water.

When you say the AI is slowly advancing, do you mean going forward and then stopping, going forward and then stopping, etc?  That was the issue the Feron had and I fixed that by forcing them to always charge.  It's caused I believe by the AI trying to keep their army together and setting all their troops to follow mode on their lord.  Do I need to do the same with the Blighted Plague and make them charge always?

On the Skill issue, some of them like I said are smarter then others.  The Exhaustion aura is on a timer.  It kicks off when most of the cavalry or charging infantry would be hitting the front line.  It's not all that useful versus archers/melee, but can devastate cavalry.  It's hard to program a smarter way for them to operate it.

I, or Elenmmare, will take a look at the map issues.  I remember trying briefly to fix the patch of land that leads to the Butterglade/Fulum island, but it didn't work.  Elenmmare may have more insight on some of the map issues over there, including the walking on ocean issue, but I can take a look when I go back in and fix some bugs.

Munx said:
Problem?Bug?:Inqusition:Grand Inquisitor:

He is Caputreable and recruitable, Doubt anyone as fanatic as him would join the filthy Planelords :razz:

I'll look into it, but I've never changed the default capture/recruit mechanic for the AI vs AI.  I can probably remove it similar to what I do with the Druid Illusions though for player vs AI, where he is removed prior to the prisoner screen.  Unless you guys want to have acquiring him be another Easter Egg.  :grin:  Either way is fine with me.

Thanks for the reports.

Okay, I'm an illorian.. I've build the church and I'm done, I talk to the Captain.. he tells me to visit him again.. when I try visiting him he says doesn't let me choose mission 3?
Either there aint a mission 3 yet for illorians.. or this is a bug.
(The quest also remains written on my questlog.)

When you say the AI is slowly advancing, do you mean going forward and then stopping, going forward and then stopping, etc?  That was the issue the Feron had and I fixed that by forcing them to always charge.  It's caused I believe by the AI trying to keep their army together and setting all their troops to follow mode on their lord.  Do I need to do the same with the Blighted Plague and make them charge always?

On the Skill issue, some of them like I said are smarter then others.  The Exhaustion aura is on a timer.  It kicks off when most of the cavalry or charging infantry would be hitting the front line.  It's not all that useful versus archers/melee, but can devastate cavalry.  It's hard to program a smarter way for them to operate it.

Slowly advancing is indeed 'Going forward and stopping' etc. as you described. While the BP need an Army together, this tactic usually causes excessive casualties due them having no Archers (And thus the enemy usually responds by waiting at the Spawn and putting their Archers somewhere where they can pick off BP) However I don't know if Charging will be a better tactic, since the BP do have Shields that reduce casualties.

Yeah, due the above tactic the Aura of Exhaustion usually kicks in way too early.

Marche said:

Slowly advancing is indeed 'Going forward and stopping' etc. as you described. While the BP need an Army together, this tactic usually causes excessive casualties due them having no Archers (And thus the enemy usually responds by waiting at the Spawn and putting their Archers somewhere where they can pick off BP) However I don't know if Charging will be a better tactic, since the BP do have Shields that reduce casualties.

Yeah, due the above tactic the Aura of Exhaustion usually kicks in way too early.

I gave them the largest shields currently in game for protection, but perhaps that is still not enough.  I'm not sure if charging out would help or hurt them.  For sieges I know I changed them to always charge in 2.2 and I think it helped their defense.  Any feedback on if it is harder to siege them?  That may help make a determination.  I can also look at buffing their horse troops slightly so their horse doesn't fall quite as quickly and maybe moves a bit quicker, keeping the archers busy. 

Aura of Exhaustion is built for cavalry.  It is hard to script an AI for when to use it because most of the time they want to activate before a horse charges towards them.  Casting it when the horse is already running by is too late.  Perhaps the length of time it lasts for or its cooldown could be adjusted if many people consider it underpowered.

I'm going to refrain from making too many fixes too soon.  Let's see how things work out for everyone first, and give everyone a chance to play through things a few times. 

Back
Top Bottom