Bugs, Errors, or Problems (Version 3.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for stopping in.

Map issues are sort of out of our control, but if you give us a certain position. What towns was it near?

@Airborne: Alright, so at least we know it keeps happening. Can you give me the specific error? It will usually give an item. Then we can easily fix it.

Yeah see thats the problem I have no idea what item it is all it says is (RGL ERROR:    get_object failed for:smile: and thats it. If I'm supposed to be looking somewhere else I dont know where that is.

Ah, is it one of those one-liner popups with just an 'ok' response?

I thought it might have been the typical crash report. (like this: http://www.oatmedia.com/support/windows_error.jpg)

It's alright though. The error still involves a custom object, so it'll just be a matter of trial and error. Thanks.

Ok... strange, i got a message: Ewervatch was defeated in battle but managed to escape.  :?:

Barbarians of elsgard can use faction skills if they have the troops in their party.

Not a bug but all the BP castles have 50+ blightlords in them, IMO the amount of highest tier troops should be reduced (for all factions) because of their new special powers.

I'm loving the new skills- definately adds a whole new aspect to the game.  I really love the corpse combustion, but damn, its just too dangerous!!  It's sort of like a doomsday weapon.  Still, its saved me from getting captured, at the cost of the tiny remainder of my army.  Ok, its not a bug or a complaint, I just wish I could use it more often cuz it looks so cool.

Ok, the actual reason I'm posting here is my beloved abomination.  He acted wonderfully, charging in and laying waste to the enemy.  I left him on his own (took a lot of hits cuz I was watching him instead of my enemies) and soon he was surrounded by a huge pile of corpses, then finally started attacking my guys.  Took several headshots while my entire army was hacking at him but he finally went down.  Coolest thing ever!!!  But now I want another!!  My cooldown seems to be stuck at 48 hours.  I forgot about the cooldown at first, and then tried it again a day later- and then a day after that, and then a day after that.  Does it reset everytime I try?  Help me!  I feel so... abominationless!

Lord Bryggan said:
I'm loving the new skills- definately adds a whole new aspect to the game.  I really love the corpse combustion, but damn, its just too dangerous!!  It's sort of like a doomsday weapon.  Still, its saved me from getting captured, at the cost of the tiny remainder of my army.  Ok, its not a bug or a complaint, I just wish I could use it more often cuz it looks so cool.

Ok, the actual reason I'm posting here is my beloved abomination.  He acted wonderfully, charging in and laying waste to the enemy.  I left him on his own (took a lot of hits cuz I was watching him instead of my enemies) and soon he was surrounded by a huge pile of corpses, then finally started attacking my guys.  Took several headshots while my entire army was hacking at him but he finally went down.  Coolest thing ever!!!  But now I want another!!  My cooldown seems to be stuck at 48 hours.  I forgot about the cooldown at first, and then tried it again a day later- and then a day after that, and then a day after that.  Does it reset everytime I try?  Help me!  I feel so... abominationless!

Yeah, someone uh, made a mistake with the cooldown reset on that.  :grin:  It's on my list of things to fix in the very next patch.  Sorry about that!

Hello! Long time lurker first time poster here. I was just wondering about a problem I have with the gilaes quest about getting Thorains horse back: After each battle I win I question one remaining barbarian about the horse but no matter what they prefer death over money and freedome, and the threat of torture doesn't seem to sway them either. My persuasion is on level 4 btw.'

Basically: should I just keep trying my luck or am I doing something wrong?

prozium said:
Hello! Long time lurker first time poster here. I was just wondering about a problem I have with the gilaes quest about getting Thorains horse back: After each battle I win I question one remaining barbarian about the horse but no matter what they prefer death over money and freedome, and the threat of torture doesn't seem to sway them either. My persuasion is on level 4 btw.'

Basically: should I just keep trying my luck or am I doing something wrong?

For what i see, you haven't tried the 4th and last option ;P

Hmm I could get it done with Persuasion 2 or something

Use the option that you will let them go if he speaks.

FYI, higher persuasion opens more options.

In addition, there is ALWAYS a chance that he will give you information. It is just greatly increased if you use a better answer (to get these, you must have a higher persuasion).

Don't remember exactly the circumstances that led to this, but after a siege of a plagued castle, I seem to have gotten an asaleth knight in my party of ferons without recruiting him. Just an asaleth knight randomly popping up in my party... I remember someone else speaking of such a bug, but I think he was a vassal of the asaleths himself? Thought you'd like to know, though the information I can provide probably isn't terribly helpful.

Hmm. This is a result of a siege mechanic, I think. We (Kardio) added it in as a form of using 'dismounted' knights sort of during sieges. More complex than it sounds.

You're right in that someone else had the error. Just going through the list - can you tell us what castle it was at?

The way that script works, it should check to see if you or the enemy has asaleth knights in their party and then convert them to a new troop unmounted version of the troop.  At the end, it re-counts how many of the now converted knights exist and changes them back to the mounted type.

The way sieges work, sometimes referencing the enemy properly can be tricky.  Some variables refer to the enemy army sometimes and the city itself other times.  Believe me... it gets real annoying real fast trying to unravel it.  :smile:

I thought I had fixed the issue in version 3.  :evil:

Hey guys. I've run into a couple of problems doing the Feron route. Hopefully they're ones you haven't heard about before, but here goes-

First of all, in the Death's Hand quest, the first time I managed to defeat the group carrying death's hand I got shoved back to the world map and got the quest failed message, as if they had made it to their destination. I went back and cheat-killed them a second time, and it worked properly. Secondly, after getting the Feron champion badge, or whatever it's called, that allows you to recruit tribesmen for free, I went and helped a village that was infested with bandits, turned down the reward, recruited some men, and then, when I clicked to leave the village, nothing at all happened. I am now completely unable to leave the village.

Really love the new abilities by the way. Made my favorite mod even more nifty.

I just captured Glistening Monastery with my BP boys, and every time I attacked they had one guy spawned outside the map in the lower left corner who I could not get close enough to even cuz of the felled trees.  I was hoping he might be close enough to get with an arrow.  I had to build a siege tower 3 or 4 times.

That said, it was the coolest town battle ever- unless I'm thinking of Illorian.  Well, whichever it was I had a great time running deep into the city through walkways and stairs and such hunting out the enemy.  Much more interesting than the usual wall and ten feet of alley native gave us.  Much like someone else said about the horse quest, it is really enjoyable to go deep into the towns and see the sights.  You put all that work into it, yet in our haste we skip the beautiful city scenes and rely on menus.  Thanks for forcing me to enjoy your hard work.

Lord Bryggan said:
I just captured Glistening Monastery with my BP boys, and every time I attacked they had one guy spawned outside the map in the lower left corner who I could not get close enough to even cuz of the felled trees.  I was hoping he might be close enough to get with an arrow.  I had to build a siege tower 3 or 4 times.
Native has this problem a lot too. If you find a soldier that can't be accessed, just use the ctrl-F4 cheat to knock him out at the end of the battle.

Playing Feron Faction
In the Quest to reclaim Death's Hand it freezes when I try to talk to Warchief Krug after I have the axe in my inventory.

Edit:
If I choose not to talk to Warchief Krug then the first time I interact with an NPC it freezes (i.e. helping a fellow faction npc fight rangerlords) after the battle and conversation.

Spawn points in siege scenes seem to be bypassed sometimes.  It places the troops at the edge of the map when it can't find the entry point it wants.  I've tried placing many more entry points and it helps somewhat, but I've not been able to completely eliminate the issue.  Glistening Monastery I believe had a new scene put in by WhysoSerious though, if I am remembering correctly. 

This isnt bug at all, and Im sure someone have alredy told you, but sieging castle with Feron as attacker needs to be fixed as soon as you can. It isnt that bad when you use ladder, but with tower, all your troops are dead even before you can get tower to walls.... its retarded... Im not sure what the solution is, but it cant stay like this  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom