[BUGS] - A place to report bugs to prevent duplicate posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official way to report bugs can be found here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord.528/. Simply choose singleplayer / multiplayer, and post a new thread with the bug you're experiencing. It makes it easier for the devs to track and update.

General Bug Report Format
Simply copy the format below to use it in your report. Not all fields need to be completed. If any don't apply to your report, feel free to put N/A or remove it entirely.

Bug Description:
How To Reproduce The Bug:
How Often The Bug Occurs:
Quest Name:
NPC Name:
Save Playtime(How long you've played that save/What day you're on):
Screenshot(s):
Video(s):

Computer Specs(Only needed for performance/graphics/stability related bugs/issues):

GPU:
CPU:
Ram:
Motherboard:
Storage Device:
Operating System:

The list above isn't all inclusive, and doesn't account for every bug/report. The more information that can be provided, the better.

Known bugs(+ = fixed, - = not yet fixed)
Please be mindful that some bugs listed below may contain campaign story spoilers.

Dialogue Typos/Errors/Missing:
-
When speaking to Lord Godun, one of his dialogue options has the word covenant spelled as 'convenant'.

-
When reading the instructions of the 'How To Play Guide' for the Konane Minigame, the word adjacent is spelled as 'adjacant'

-
The quest Locate and Rescue Traveler has a typo where the word traveler is spelled 'traveller'.

This is towards the beginning of the campaign, just after finishing the 'Purchase Grain' quest.

-
When in the players inventory, you can select an item and move your mouse over the icon which has a man holding a pitchfork with a woman standing next to him. Text will appear that says 'civillian' rather than civilian.

-Typo
QtTUpBE.png

-
If you select 'You invest some money in land' as your biggest achievement. Towards the end of the scenario given, the word 'than' is used instead of 'then'. This can be shown below.

-Typo
i9Sra2r.png

-
If you enter the character screen and hover over the focus points icon, the description has a typo where the word 'every' is spelled 'evry'. This is shown in a screenshot below.

-Focus points icon
ERVcAyt.png

-Typo
qXblZHcl.png

-
When speaking to your brother at the beginning of the campaign, there are times when variables have not been set for the dialogue to reference. Causing certain pieces of text to be replaced with errors. An example is shown below.

-Error dialogue
1fgR25f.png

-
While speaking with Valishin, one of the dialogue options uses the word 'then' instead of 'than'.

-Incorrect word
QXqfcb9.png

-
During your conversation with Penton, there are two typos in his dialogue. One where both an exclamation point and period are used. Another where the word 'heart' is spelled 'heard'. These are both shown in the image below.

-Typos
r8aq5lR.png

-
During a conversation with Elta, a name appears to be missing from the first sentence of her dialogue. This can be seen below.

-Missing name
QztWuiI.jpg

-
When joining an existing battle, there is a missing/uninitialized variable trying to be referenced. This is shown below.

-Error
kcpGSSY.png

-
This dialogue error seems to appear when you speak to Destor before completing the quest he gives you -'Extortion by deserters at Atrion'.

-
When greating Raonul for the first time, his text will display 'Greeting for famous character, will try to not display this message'.

Game Freeze/Crashes:
-
During the quest 'Find the hideout of Radagos's gang and defeat them', the game will crash when trying to enter the hideout.

You may be able to recreate this by running straight to Radagos's hideout after finishing the quest 'Locate and rescue traveler', and attempting to enter. Tends to happen during the day in-game.

-
When attacking a Sea Raider Hideout, choosing to wait until night will cause the game to freeze/crash.

-
When attempting to enter Pen Cannoc, the game will load forever and sometimes crash.

-
When initiating dialogue with this particular thug, the game crashes.

-
Upon entering the town, should the player be hit by a villager, the game will freeze and crash.

-
If the timer runs out for pretty much any quest, the game will crash. An example of this that a player reported, is the quests you can get to deal with poachers in villages. If the village you're meant to be helping has recently been pillaged, and isn't restored before the timer runs out for this quest, the player's game crashes.

-
Some players are experiencing crashes when the game autosaves.

-
Some players are experiencing crashes the moment, or within seconds of starting the game. (Just a reminder to send those crashlogs. It'll help more than simply posting here.)

Game State Inconsistencies:
-
After entering Radagos's hideout and speaking with him. If you lose the battle/duel, you're able to enter the party screen while on the world map and speak with your brother, Niasen. His dialogue suggests that you've won the battle/duel against Radagos, despite your recent loss.

It would seem his dialogue is the same before even entering Radagos's hideout.

Graphics:
+
Players are reporting grids being rendered across the world map and player model. You can see this in the pictures below.

-Grid on the world map
1.png

-Grid on player model
2.png

UI:
-
When navigating the inventory screen, you're able to see more details about an item the player has equipped by hovering over it. You can then move your mouse over that panel to see more info. If you move your mouse from that panel, and back to the equipped item, the UI will flicker. The two screenshots below help visualize this. This happens for all equipped items in the inventory. The + represents the player's cursor, and the arrow is the direction you move your mouse.

-Moving the mouse from the item detail panel to the item.
cPUwNPb.png

-What the panel looks like during the 'flicker'.
NtxX8m0.png

-
When hovering over weapons/ammo(Such as arrows), there is what seems to be a button under the item details panel that is has a label which describes how it is held. When you click it, a sound plays but nothing happens. Not sure if intended or a bug.

-Inactive Button
CVcBmlL.png

-
When you enter the character screen, text just above the character shows 'Calculating: Calculating'. This never seems to change. Not sure if intended, a bug, or just not implemented yet. A picture of this is shown below.

-Calculating forever
CcOB39i.png

-
When you enter the character screen and go to the charm skill, one of it's traits is unfinished. This is shown in the image below.

-Unfinished trait
DsVWyPW.png

Miscellaneous:
-
While the camera is over mountains/high terrain, you're able to zoom in so far that the camera begins sliding across the ground.

-
There are hard edges around the map, at the point where the play area ends. You can see this when you zoom all the way out on the world map and move to any of the edges. Image shown below. Not sure if intended or bug.

-Harsh Edges
N98ZgO8.jpg

-
When starting the game, it can hang on a white screen for quite some time. How long can vary, and it may only be a problem the very first time you start the game.

-
After defeating all of the enemies at Radagos's camp, Radagos will spawn on top of you/in front of you, regardless of where you are. An example of this is shown in the picture below.

-Radagos spawning 1
BAkwMEj.png

-Radagos spawning 2
Rt2kA4Y.png

-
Player is invisible in certain action screens. For example: At the beginning of a battle, or entering towns/castles. This happens when you enter a scene with first-person mode already enabled. A temp fix for this is exiting and re-entering first-person mode.

-
Sometimes Sea Raider Hideouts will spawn without their model/invisible. An example of this is shown in the screenshot below.

-Invisible Sea Raider Hideout
CD0CAC118A37B8D20EF64A0FBCAC4B0A29B75D13

-
During this quest, the player is capable of running through hut walls from the inside out. Example shown below.

-Running through hut walls
zo4Ttb6.png

-
The Mercenary Crossbow Unit is classified as infantry by default, when it should be ranged.

-
There is no option to confirm a battle order, once you have entered a formation. Image below.

-Battle Order without confirmation
TmASChhl.jpg

-
Items given to companions just after recruitment, vanish once the companion joined the party. This can be reproduced by entering the scene with the companion, recruiting them, trading items with them, and leaving the scene.

-
When increasing the game's speed, it would seem that it gets reset whenever you issue a new movement order. Not sure if intended or bug.

-
The effect for this trait isn't working properly. Instead of 2 units of hardwood making 3 units of charcoal, it's the other way around. This can be seen in the screenshots below.

-The trait
ui9QUF9.jpg

-The bugged conversion
RuyGbDv.png

-
There isn't an intuitive way to reset the player's controls to default settings. A temporary fix is to delete BannerlordGameKeys.xml from C:\Users\YOURPCNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and verify integrity of cache for Bannerlord. (Temp fix assumes you're using Steam)

-
Some players are having their save games become corrupted and unrecoverable. Be sure to back up your saves and put them in separate folders!

Exploits:
-
Nawa did a great job explaining this, so I'll quote them below.

Here is a bug/exploit in the town of tarcutis if you go down hill immediately after spawning in and head to the ship frame on the edge where the water and land meet if you get off your horse and jump onto the table out of bounds and then jump onto the boat you can sit there taking shots at the enemies with ranged weapons and they cant hit you. Can be used to defeat the deserters party by yourself. It can easily be repeated however the jump from the table to the boat is a bit finicky. Not sure how useful this is as it can be time consuming to kill enemies with just the bow and no army but still an exploit.

Notes

-Whenever your game crashes, please remember to leave a brief description of what happened in the crash report. You can also post it here for other people to know that it's been reported.

-Feel free to let me know if any bugs listed here as 'not yet fixed' have actually been fixed. I'll update this thread ASAP.

Last edited:
[Singleplayer] Dialogue typo - 'convenant'
Couple of hours ingame
Initiated dialogue with Lord Godun near Tyal
Asked for info, noticed a typo in 'covenant',written as 'convenant'
Appears consistently.

So, i'm about an hour into my first playthrough. I've discovered about 3 bugs so far. Or atleast some errors that need correcting.

1. When i first started this game, it stayed on a white screen for a good bit before it started to load. No idea if this is fixable, but nevertheless wanted to report it.

2. When i tried leaving Radovigs, not sure if thats right, Hideout the game crashed on me. I had to manually shut down the game because it shut down my Steam somehow. And remained frozen. But i still heard music.

3. When i was trying to leave a village near Lyracon. I was riding around the Land looking for the Headsman, didn't find him. The game crashed on me again.

After 20 minutes of playing, during the first quest in the tutorial, when attacking the bandits camp with my brother and the headvillage troops, I failed while fighting the enemy chief in a duel.
So I was knocked down and the quest told me to try again the camp assault. Instead of that I talked to my brother in the party report, and the dialog that popped out was him telling me about a chest he found after sacking the camp and blah blah.
So the game was behaving in this dialog like if I would have been successful in the camp assault, when I actually wasn't.

After 20 minutes of playing, during the first quest in the tutorial, when attacking the bandits camp with my brother and the headvillage troops, I failed while fighting the enemy chief in a duel.
So I was knocked down and the quest told me to try again the camp assault. Instead of that I talked to my brother in the party report, and the dialog that popped out was him telling me about a chest he found after sacking the camp and blah blah.
So the game was behaving in this dialog like if I would have been successful in the camp assault, when I actually wasn't.
+1

[Singleplayer] Konane Minigame - Typo in the 'how to play guide' 'adjacant'
Repro steps:
-Travel to Tyal (or any city with an inn that has a konane player)
-Go to the Inn and play Konane at any difficulty
-Open the How to Play guide
-Read the instructions

Same here. Then it took me to the Banner Creation Screen, and the Party Screen after that.

The town of Amprela is bugged I believe. I keep crashing whenever I try to leave from the Tavern (both by going out the door and holding tab) and I just now tried to leave the city by holding down tab in the open scene.

Edit: Did some further attempts of recreating the bug. My original purpose of heading to the city was to turn in a quest. There were two additional quests to pick up at the city and upon picking either of them up caused the game to crash once trying to leave.

Last edited:

Do you know what the name of the quest was? If not, I could just rush to that point and try to recreate the bug.

Hey all.

I'm a few hours in now - I went straight to the lands of Brittonia after the tutorial, I can enter all but one of the cities without issue. In Pen Cannoc, when I try to 'Walk around the streets' or talk to one of the NPCs in the town, I get stuck in the loading screen. This is the only city in which this occurs.

Cheers!

I went to the bandit camp but instead of attacking I talked to my brother and it did the same thing.

• What the bug is
    • When attacking the Sea Raiders hideout and prepairing for the attack, waiting for the night to come and finally choose to attack. The loadingscreen get stuck and load forever.
  • How long into your session/campaign it occurred
    • 3 hours
  • How to recreate the bug
    • Attack the Sea Raiders hideout at Argoron. Choose "wait for night" and attack.
  • How often the bug appears
    • Everytime
  • Screenshot(s) of the bug

I have not attacked Radagos's Hideout yet, but when I talk to my brother in the party he gives me the dialogue which I suppose should come after that battle and I have to choose my clan name and banner. Nothing else changes though, I still have the quest for the hideout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom