Users who are viewing this thread

I do not know where to report bugs, however, this has been an issue for over a year it seems, as I had gotten a request from Garios to siege and conquer the city of Poros for 20k denars (which I did successfully). However, when I finished, I got a pop-up saying the quest has failed because I had not participated in the siege (which I did). I reloaded my save file over a dozen times to see if I did something wrong but it was always the same result. I went searching online and found a Reddit thread that exactly had the same problem as I did, which by the time I saw it today was already a year old. The entire siege and conquer quests seemed to be bugged/glitch, since it happens to any character who assigns the quest to you for any city.

I do not know where to report bugs, however, this has been an issue for over a year it seems, as I had gotten a request from Garios to siege and conquer the city of Poros for 20k denars (which I did successfully). However, when I finished, I got a pop-up saying the quest has failed because I had not participated in the siege (which I did). I reloaded my save file over a dozen times to see if I did something wrong but it was always the same result. I went searching online and found a Reddit thread that exactly had the same problem as I did, which by the time I saw it today was already a year old. The entire siege and conquer quests seemed to be bugged/glitch, since it happens to any character who assigns the quest to you for any city.
...It's under your yeas every time you open the forum:...
y9NUEz1.png

...anyway you can report here:...

Just did a quickcheck to the code of that quest and it needs 2 minutes of taleworlds attention to fix it.

@TaleWorlds
In this method: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Issues.TheConquestOfSettlementIssueBehavior.TheConquestOfSettlementIssueQuest.OnSettlementOwnerChanged(Settlement, bool, Hero, Hero, Hero, ChangeOwnerOfSettlementAction.ChangeOwnerOfSettlementDetail)
in that line:
if (newOwner == Hero.MainHero)
youre checking if the new OWNER of the settlement is the player instead of checking if its CAPTURED by the player. It should be:
if (capturerHero == Hero.MainHero) or even better check if the capturerHero belongs to the player clan as it makes sense to give that quest to the whole clan instead of just to the main hero.
The way it is implemented right now you can only win the quest when you have your own kingdom as the new owner before an fiefelection is always the king.

Well I had that bug too, after some experiments I've found out how it can be done:
If you don't save/load between taking quest and finishing it (taking the castle) - it's done. Nevermind, were you the leader of army which took the castle or came with your army on the siege battle already began and just joined it - you finish the quest.
However, if you saved your game after taking the quest and loaded it again - it's impossible to complete this quest.

Back
Top Bottom