Bugged quest? (Hunt down murderer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleus

Recruit
So, this has been an issue since I first picked up the mod a few years back and have never really managed to solve it, but never bothered too much. After a couple quick google searches that lead to no result I basically just quit and let the quest expire. This time, however, I refuse to give up without a solution :razz:

As you might have noticed from the title, the quest in question is the random quest a noble gives you, to hunt down a murderer hiding in some nearby village for 2000 denars. Now the clue is this: I've always played around the areas of Greece and Asia Minor, helping the Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire of Nicea, as it's called in the game. So this issue has always happened to me with villages of those areas, which, from what I've noticed, have the same template. I've looked everywhere. Up and down the hills, along the river, through the vineyards and fields, inside the castle town, I even went around the areas where the graphics kinda break, and searched a few rooftops for good measure. That dude is nowhere to be seen! I've searched around in this thread and noticed that there are some people who have been asking whether this is a bug or not, and I'm also very curious if said NPC even spawns.

I would expect to find some guy standing out as a sore thumb with the name Nervous Man as it happens in the native or most other mods that I play. I even tried to use some console commands, in case I could make him topple over without seeing him, but nope! I couldn't get nothing. Although even if I managed, I'd still be left unsatisfied that I didn't manage to find the bugger xD

At any rate... any clues? Has anyone else encountered or hopefully solved that mystery?

It would be helpful to have a screenshot of which village type you mean. If it's the typical "Greek" style village with a town on the right as you enter, with a monastery on a hill on the left  across a river, then the nervous man is in the wineyard behind the manor house straight ahead. Ride on the right side of the manor house and the rows of grapevines behind it. He should be visible once you get far enough up the rows...

Back
Top Bottom