Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

NLCRich

Squire
Bugged Perks:

Crossbow:

- Bolten Guard (Renamed to Picked Shot in 1.5.3) This perk actually multiplies the troop wages for tier4+ troops by -50%, causing the tier4+ troops to pay the player half of their original cost. Here are some screenshots that were posted in my
perk thread. The below information is from 1.5.3 but the perk was also tested in 1.5.2 with the same result.

Before perk https://postimg.cc/LgLkGQhf
After perk https://postimg.cc/MXvF9z52

Players party composition that the perk was tested with (strongly suspect the perk affects horse archers)

20200928234334 1 — Postimages

Riding:

- Veterinary (Per bannerlordperks.com, the Veterinary perk does not appear to do anything with lame mounts. The lame mounts feature in the game in general I think does not work as intended, which may be part of the problem)

Updated Bugged Perks Provided From Earlier Versions with Details (Still Unresolved in 1.5.2 and 1.5.3):

Two Handed:

- Terror (Per bannerlordperks.com, the Terror perk gives a +0.2% effect on morale with kills, rather than the 20% indicated in the description).

Bug Technical Details - This perk's primary effect has a magnitude of 0.2 and an increment type of AddFactor, and it is used with AddPerkBonusForCharacter, which further multiplies AddFactors by 0.01 before applying.
- Hope (Per bannerlordperks.com, the Hope perk gives a +0.3% bonus to friendly troop morale rather than the 30% bonus indicated in the description).
Bug Technical Details - This perk's primary effect has a magnitude of 0.3 and an increment type of AddFactor, and it is used with AddPerkBonusForCharacter, which further multiplies AddFactors by 0.01 before applying.

Polearm:

- Standard Bearer (Per bannerlordperks.com, The morale loss reduction effect is not implemented correctly and will not function).

Bug Technical Details - The primary perk role is PartyLeader. The bonus is implemented with AddPerkBonusForCharacter, which does not accept perks with a role of PartyLeader.
- Phalanx (Per bannerlordperks.com, Due to an implementation error, the "better fighting skill" effect of this perk will not function).
Bug Technical Details - The primary effect of this perk uses perk role Personal, but the effect is implemented with AddPerkBonusForParty, which does not accept perks with a role of Personal.
- Sure Footed (Per bannerlordperks.com, Due to an error, it will multiply incoming damage from horse charges by 1.3 (+30%) for troops in the hero's formation, rather than increasing their defence against it).
Bug Technical Details - The primary effect magnitude of this perk is negative, which is correct (it lowers damage). However, the secondary effect is positive and is applied in the same way, which results in increased damage.

Leadership:

- Ultimate Leader 1 (Per both bannerlordperks.com and player feedback in my thread, this perk works, but only while the player is not in a kingdom.

- Ultimate Leader 2 (Per both bannerlordperks.com and player feedback in my thread, this perk works, but only while the player is not in a kingdom.

Last edited:
Hello, @elysebluemoon

The bugged perks from the riding tree are confirmed to still exist in 1.5.2. The person at bannerlordperks.com updated their site with some technical details. As with many in the modding community, they were able to look at some of the code. Hopefully this information helps you to narrow down the specific issues with the perks.

I have also added the bugged perks from Two Handed and Polearm perk trees that have been bugged through several versions and still exist in 1.5.2. I have tested many of the perks personally myself and have received some feedback from other players in addition to what I've found on bannerlordperks.com. The hope of us players is that this information can be used to help you to easily resolve the issues with these bugged perks.

I greatly appreciate your efforts and those of everyone at TW. I'm looking forward to seeing more perks and resolution of these bugs once you can get to it. Thank You.

@elysebluemoon @MArdA TaleWorlds @Dejan

This thread has been updated with additional bugged perks. I have changed the name of thread to indicate a general perk bug list and not just riding tree perk bugs. I will continue to keep this list updated for your use in identifying bugged perks. All perks shown above remain bugged in both 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, to my knowledge. However, if any are identified as resolved, I will be happy to remove them from the list. Thanks!

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom