BUG WITH RELATIONSHIP SYSTEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

faviet

Recruit
its annoying. i achieve convince a noble to join me and then i give him TWO fiefs wich i conquer after the join. He still hates me and the relation is -12 as always. At the end he betrayed me and go with vladia kingdom. F*** ungratefull. Idk why but i cant get new clans joining my kingdom and convince them to stay. They always abandon me :sad:. i have 9 fiefs, 1 millon in gold but only one clan (mine). Giving them fiefs doesnt improve the realationship. Only giving them support improve in ONE POINT!!! i can spend 400 of influence and improve very few points

Yeah I'm going to make a thread with some polling (as soon as I figure out the coding allowed for the inputs on this site) basically asking the same thing you are with variations. Like why can't we improve relations with sizeable gifts? Why can't we grow loyalty with giving fiefs? Why do AI's not believe in diplomacy or friendship and instead base wars entirely around troop count and perceived strength? Why is realism mode so unfavorable to the player using guerilla tactics in order to attempt to weaken the enemy Kingdom? Why is the enemy AI so easily able to recruit strong troops at such a rapid rate that it makes most immersion and realistic tactics useless (IK about the 2 day rule and 10% replenishment before people get all into that)? Why do I get severely penalized by my own kingdom for executing the enemy kingdoms AI? Why is there no chance for succession of clan leaders once you execute? Why do the AI kingdoms we join all of a sudden go down hill unless it's a programmed strong Kindom (looking at Vlandia, Batania, and Khuz). Why are raids weighted so heavily in favor of the enemy AI (talking troop replenishment immediately possible after they raid and take a city) and why are they weighted more than successful sieges? Why do my party leaders constantly get captured in full parties and my ally lords do not while roaming, PT 2 to this, why does the enemy AI work together so much fluently than my kingdoms AI? Why do all the AI's join together to kill weakened Kingdoms? Why can I not recruit mercenaries clans with executed leaders but other kingdoms can? I have so many more realistic issues with the game, I doubt the devs will get to them all before the end of the year. But if they could just tweak the AI and decision making along with making it feasible to grow back a Kingdom, I think everyone would appreciate it. It would help against the snowballing that I'm constantly trying to battle but can't seem to feasibly do against certain Kingdoms who are growing at a rapid rate even while in wars. I've played to Clan level 4/5 in 4 runs separate starts now and on every single one, Khuz, Vlandia, and Battania all grew exponently constantly despite wars or losses and etc while every Kingdom I've joined has gone down hill despite my massive efforts to capture multiple cities and castles while taking out army after army that of enemies. I took out 7 armies in the span of a 5 days in game and my allies managed to do nothing but die while NEVER choosing to raid. My efforts didn't even dent the S Empire. If the devs can fix the weight of taking out that many armies in a short time while we are relatively the same in strength to begin with and fix our AI teammates who go full dumb a** on our team, this game would be 10000% better.

I think they expect you to have very high relation before you recruit them.... meaning you have to defeat their clan about 20 times and release them after battle since that's the only 'good' way to raise relations. It's ****.
In addition to just not being finished somebody probably is concerned about it being 'too easy'.
Meanwhile I can ignore the mechanic completely and take the entire map anyways as a single Clan.
First make things 'not suck' and 'work' then worry about if they're 'too easy' please Devs.

There is a simple way to increase the relation. Gift denars to the clan members. Of course you will need lot of money but with many fiefs that shouldn't be an issue.
Go to their castle/town hall and select discuss > offer benefits both and give like 40-80k denars. Usually it increases relation around 6. If you do this to 6 clan members 30+.
It will increase relation with all clan members.
Releasing after battle is also good option (I just discovered it recently).

Guys, just try Allegiance Overhaul, Fighting Together Relationship and Kill Bandits Raise Relations mods to solve all Your problems. And I can guarantee you would never again play this game without them

So I made my own kingdom with around 3k troops strong and 4 castles with a city... The entire map immediately declared war on me... Like what? Everyone isn't fighting eachother, they hate eachother and they aren't declaring war on N empire or Sturgia (One is 1 1/10 my strength and the other one is like half). Instead, they're all ganging up on me along with vlandia who owns like half the ****ing map. This game constantly f***s the player and I'm about to just up and quit. I can't do it anymore, 3rd restart and EVERY TIME it's the same exact thing. They don't declare wars on AI kingdoms all at once just because they're weaker. It's literally just me. Granted, one of them is fine. IDC if they're 10x my size but 3? All at once???? I play on realism mode and there's just no ****ing way I'm winning this. I have 2 mercs even working for me and it's just a countdown now till they flip or leave no matter what I do. This honestly just sucks.

So I made my own kingdom with around 3k troops strong and 4 castles with a city... The entire map immediately declared war on me... Like what? Everyone isn't fighting eachother, they hate eachother and they aren't declaring war on N empire or Sturgia (One is 1 1/10 my strength and the other one is like half). Instead, they're all ganging up on me along with vlandia who owns like half the ****ing map. This game constantly f***s the player and I'm about to just up and quit. I can't do it anymore, 3rd restart and EVERY TIME it's the same exact thing. They don't declare wars on AI kingdoms all at once just because they're weaker. It's literally just me. Granted, one of them is fine. IDC if they're 10x my size but 3? All at once???? I play on realism mode and there's just no ****ing way I'm winning this. I have 2 mercs even working for me and it's just a countdown now till they flip or leave no matter what I do. This honestly just sucks.
did you try to speak with enemy generals and give them money to make peace? is the better way to make the peace since it doesnt cost influency.

You gota **** them even harder!

Why is the enemy AI so easily able to recruit strong troops at such a rapid rate that it makes most immersion and realistic tactics useless

It isn't just the AI. Try running your own kingdom, or fief at least; you'll be able to strip your garrison for mid- and high-tier troops, then have AI lords in your faction help refill it whenever they enter.

You can say it is broken but at least it is broken both ways.

It isn't just the AI. Try running your own kingdom, or fief at least; you'll be able to strip your garrison for mid- and high-tier troops, then have AI lords in your faction help refill it whenever they enter.

You can say it is broken but at least it is broken both ways.

On realism mode my kingdom lords NEVER put in any troops for my garrisons. I always had to go out, recruit, train, then put them in.

did you try to speak with enemy generals and give them money to make peace? is the better way to make the peace since it doesnt cost influency.
Ye, I did. It's less influence but costs more in one bulk payment. The problem I was having is paying them 100k then having them declare war again a few days later.

Look at it this way your an upstart kingdom and more competition for them of course they're going to pick on the new kid on the block. It was the same way in Warband unless you had very high right to rule which of course no one ever tells you about you just have to discover it on your own.

On realism mode my kingdom lords NEVER put in any troops for my garrisons. I always had to go out, recruit, train, then put them in.

If you fill the garrison up to a certain point (I'm not sure where it lies or how to determine it at a glance) then no one will provide troops.

If you fill the garrison up to a certain point (I'm not sure where it lies or how to determine it at a glance) then no one will provide troops.
Nah, that's not how it works anymore. The game explicitly checks if the settlement is owned by the player before calculating how many troops to leave.

On-Settlement-Entered.png

Back
Top Bottom