Resolved Bug with quest "Army of Poachers"

Users who are viewing this thread

Quest is given by Ascryon the Velvet Weaver, a merchant in Onira. Upon accepting the quest, once trying to move to a different location the game freezes then crashes. I was unable to upload the data of the crash for some reason so I figured I'd mention it here. Luckily I have a save point not far back and will just avoid the quest which seems to be working for now.

The same problem happened to me. In my case, the village the poachers are at were pillaged, and the option to engage or talk to poachers would not show up at midnight(it always shows the one you can only select leave). The crash happens as soon as the date changes and the quest expires. I tried canceling the quest by talking to the quest giver(not possible), tried waiting over the date change, tried traveling during the date change, tried safe mode. Nothing has worked yet. My guess is that it has something to do with a state change getting messed up with the pillaged village when the quest expires.

I suspect that is my issue too. For me it's Valaos the Wool Weaver in Danaustica. The village where the poachers are is not sacked. But the quest has -1 on the Time Remaining and the game crashes at a specific time of the day. I can't send the report in because it fails and I can't seem to find the crash report text files to posibly attachment to a forum post. Anyone know where the crash reports are stored?

@Kaxell I have the same error but mine occurred in Varnovapol. I accepted the quest "Army of Poachers" from Vyoshen the Wool Weaver. Once I accepted and left the town, the game freezes and then crashes. The date was Spring 1, 1085.

Like others here, I was unable to send the bug report for some reason. However, here are the effected files from the bug report screen:

crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\crash_tags.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\dump.dmp
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\engine_config.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\module_list.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\rgl_log_804.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\rgl_log_errors_804.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\stack.txt
crashes\2020-03-31_04.42.05\user_config.txt

I have the same crash. However, i tended to the quest immediatly after I got it, and as soon as i got into the world map and started moving, the game froze dead, audio still playing. So im not sure if its about quest expiration. Cant send in crash reports.

stay away from Ambush Deserters and Army Poachers quests until they are fixed, they cause a guaranteed CTD. SAVE BEFORE YOU ARE DOING ANY QUEST OR YOUR SAVE IS DONE FOR

Same issue, here is a savegame to reproduce it. Maybe TW should give option to upload savegames?

Same issue, here is a savegame to reproduce it. Maybe TW should give option to upload savegames?

Hi Guys, i had the same problem. Check the time left in the questwindow. if it is <0 like -6 days in my case you can edit your savegame via mod:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandbl...ade_a_mod_to_fix_the_negative_quest_duration/

This solved the issue for me

Back
Top Bottom