SP - Quests [Bug with Main Quest Line] When attempting to create non-imperial kingdom/imperial faction, one requirement is bugged

Users who are viewing this thread

During the main quest line in the campaign mode, I've found an instance when reaching the point of speaking with Istiana or Arzagos as a part of the "ASSEMBLE THE DRAGON BANNER" quest that causes a chronologically impossible scenario for the player to move any further in the campaign mode. Here is what happened:

Instead of moving quickly along the main storyline quests, I decided instead to focus all my energies in order to pillage, conquer, and recruit my way all the way up into a situation where I am now a ruling clan of my own kingdom with dozens of fiefs and twice as many clan members, over all of whom I have complete control and influence. It's been a really fun ride up here; I'm in fact typing this very sentence on my satellite linked laptop, just hanging out in my cozy little lord's hall of Syronea that I conquered and claimed complete ownership over a winter or two ago. In the background is the gentle campaign map music that I love listening to (you guys did a great job with the music! I love it!) - with a pint of ice cold ale in my hand. Good thing I setup the extended Wi-Fi antenna in my hall here; signal strength is substantially impacted by these stone walls, you know.

Anyway, once I got to this high up in the corporate food chain of the lands far beyond the reaches of what Calradia itself can offer me, I decided to try moving along my merry way with the main campaign story questline. I got much further than "Speak to 10 Nobles" that I was stuck at this whole time - until I reached "Assemble the Dragon Banner" and its sub-quests: "Create a non-imperial Kingdom, Support a non-imperial Kingdom" and "Create an imperial faction, Support an imperial faction." The requirements for two of these kingdom/faction creation sub-quests have "Be an INDEPENDENT CLAN - CLAN INDEPENDENCE 0/1" - AND HEY GUYS! THIS IS STILL UNCHECKED FOR ME, SO I'M, LIKE, LITERALLY STUCK IN THIS MAIN QUESTLINE UNABLE TO MOVE ANY FURTHER!!!123123123

Sorry for shouting - my peasant attendants down the hall heard me shouting into the magical laptop I was typing into just now and it startled them enough to clamber up here to make sure I was okay. I thanked them for their concern - my people love me in my newly formed kingdom, of which I am the RULING CLAN MEMBER OVER MY OWN CLAN?!?!??!

It appears that I can't move the main questline any further because of the fact that I am technically not an independent clan because I'm below the Kingdom, of which consists of clans, one of which is the Ruling Clan (that's me), but for some reason that Ruling Clan status is NOT CONSIDERED AN INDEPENDENT CLAN BECAUSE MY OWN CLAN IS IN MY OWN KINGDOM BUT THIS QUEST THINKS I'M NOT AN INDEPENDENT CLAN BECAUSE I'M INSIDE A KINGDOM!!!

Basically I created my own KINGDOM way too quickly for the main questline game logic to even imagine someone of my strategic genius and tactical prowess in kingdom management to be able to be creating their own KINGDOM to be a RULING CLAN this quickly in the campaign mode game?!?!?!

I hope this makes sense and please fix it ASAP, CAMPAIGN MAIN QUESTLINE LOGIC WRITING TEAM.

Because I have more KINGDOMS to conquer out there!!!

Oh and by the way, I've already tried literally painfully, bloodily dissolving my ENTIRE KINGDOM (after a Save Game, of course, thank goodness I have this black magic stored in my secret box of electronic treasures I brought with me before I jumped into my dimensional portal to enter this universe, hehe) by EXPELLING MY CLAN MEMBERS ONE BY ONE AND RAZING MY SETTLEMENTS TO THE GROUND. IT WAS AN APOCALYPTIC EVENT THAT HAS BEEN BURNED INTO THE FABRIC OF MY VERY SOUL. AS THANOS WOULD LIKELY HAVE FELT, IN HIS GLORIOUS SACRIFICIAL DECISION. Alas, in the name of science I attempted to make it so that I can be the only clan in my own kingdom, and I thought this would be a surefire way to get that dreadful "LEAVE KINGDOM" red-coloured button to be highlighted and for my magic mouse to be able to click it. Tearfully, after suffering through the tyrannical horrors of the mass clan-expulsion event of 2020, I realized that same "LEAVE KINGDOM" red-coloured button was STILL NOT LETTING ME HIGHLIGHT IT. I COULDN'T LEAVE MY OWN KINGDOM BECAUSE I WAS THE RULING CLAN. And even being the only clan of my own kingdom (me being the ruling clan by expelling everyone else), was not enough to let me dissolve my own kingdom so that I can try being an "INDEPENDENT CLAN" in the efforts to progress on the main storyline.

So, I just did a Load Game and went back to before the expulsion event and then tried to figure out a way to make SOMEONE ELSE THE RULING CLAN SO THAT I CAN MAKE A GRACEFUL EXIT BY HANDING THE REINS TO A GREAT WARMACHINE OVER TO A GOOD DISCIPLE CLAN TO ME. And by that way maybe I could finally be this "INDEPENDENT CLAN"???

NOPE! Apparently no game mechanics installed yet that can allow that logic path either. Sadly. I am. STUCK IN THIS UNIVERSE TYPING ON THIS LAPTOP. HOTFIX THIS ASAP. I MUST CONQUER MORE KINGDOMS. MOOHAHAHAHA!

Bottom line: There is currently no way to leave your own kingdom if you created the kingdom yourself, and there is currently no way to make a member clan the ruling clan if you are your own kingdom's ruling clan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom