Bug Thread/Crashing [SEE PAGE 9 IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR STEAM VERSION]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michadr

Grandmaster Knight
Please post your bugs/crashes here.

For those of you who encounter crashes please read:
Suggestion 1: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html & http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
Suggestion 2:
Yozzer said:
@ op
The mod works fine without crashing, it just pushes the boundaries a bit with regards to textures, sound etc. , just like some other mods, but as python, the language used to write the mod, is a bit unforgiving (to be non technical), it can cease to function during the game, and present a RGL log to help identify the cause.
It happens a lot in some large expansive mods, and some work may need to be done to discover why your particular machine spits the game out. The fact that it will play native is because it does not push the boundaries as much as some of the big mods, like this one.
When you first start Warband, before selecting a mod, it allows you to "configure" Warband. There are not many options there, but you will see "force single threading" (i think that is the exact text). It is put there for a reason, that is because Pyhton is a bit old, and can have problems when running on multiple cores, so make sure this is ticked if you have multiple cores. Textures on demand is another one to help with lower spec machines.
So
1) What are those settings, i.e. which boxes are ticked
2) You say you like using cheats to check the game out. What cheats are you using? battle size etc.
3) What sort of machine are you running this on? Ram CPU graphics, will it run in Dx7 (selected in game when the mod is active).
4) Try disabling sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

If you prefer not to enlighten us with such details, why not search for guides to help people with this problem, there are a number, usually at the start of the mod, (I think one was put at the start of 1776), if not still there, pick any big mod and a search, that should give you a guide.
Last, this is a great mod in the making, worth taking the trouble to explore why it will not run on your box, but that is up to you, there is not much more help I can give  :cool:
Suggestion 3: Try GameBooster >> http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster
Suggestion 4: Avoid Using Battle-sizer
Suggestion 5: Your game may be Corrupt, or your mod may be Corrupt. Try downloading the latest version of the mod again, or reinstalling Warband. Also if you have a pirated version of the game that could be another problem as they do NOT work as well as the bought version, as it causes problems that I can't fix.
Suggestion 6: You may be trying to run the mod on Mount&Blade. Try using Warband
Suggestion 7: FOR LOW END PCs > http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312100.0.html

Just quickly checked 0.71 and nobility bug is still here (at least with human male) - no banner selection and all dialogs as with commoner. Also elven females are very short compared to all males, especialy elves, who taller than humans by a whole head.

All the best looking ladies, ie falcon & dwarf for some reason, are "ineligible" according to their fathers, and didn't show up to the feasts when I looked twice.

Meteoric said:
All the best looking ladies, ie falcon & dwarf for some reason, are "ineligible" according to their fathers, and didn't show up to the feasts when I looked twice.

what's your renown at the moment?  Try boosting it to about 300+ before trying to date them.
There MAY be issues there but even native wants some renown first. 

Formations for archers seem to be bugged. Tried disabling and re-enabling the formations setting to fix it and re-installing the mod to no avail (same thing happens regardless if the mod formations option is toggled).
Form 1/2 rows makes them step forward/back 10 spaces. Form 3 rows is spread apart.  Form 4 rows is stand closer. 
Telling them to hold this position makes them run off toward the edge of the map - the only way to get them where you want them to go is to command them by holding down the F1 key via flag placement.

The princess of the redwood is now, usually, older than her mother (she used to be around 12 years younger).  She's like 52-57 years old while her mother is around 42.

The kingdom of Drachen is way too power hungry.  I know it's random, but I sat back and watched them declare war on all their neighbors almost immediately after every truce and basically get wiped off the map within 80 days.  One of their fights was 300 vs 50 camel riders.  The camel riders just sat in the middle of the map and decimated everything the AI threw at them without losing hardly any units. 

The Command System is really Bugged, Or should I say, not working at all - I guess You wanted it to be like in Napoleonic wars addon - rows system. It's awesome, but honestly - I have a lot of mods for Warband but only 2 adopted it - 1860's Old America by Gabrilduro and Napoleonic wars single player mod. I always wondered, why ACOK of all mods doesn't have it.

So it was very exciting to see, that your mod has it - or so I thought. It looks like command buttons are modified for a new system, but commands are still the same as native - or messed up. It's very disturbing, since I wouldn't mind playing it Old School, but new buttons are kind of... Distracting...

So I hope this would be fixed in a hotfix or patch - because it really is one solid, fat spoon of tar in a big barrel of honey (Russian saying).

Really Great mod, anyway. Enormous job you did, sir!  :cool:

1. I still have that texture problem where the Dwarve's Armor has missing textures. It sometimes doesn't have the missing textures, but most of the time it does.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537381735160264220/5305BC790A848FF051E3AD26220D30EE001E1846/

2. This is far from major, but the armor's sprite has a bears head in the front, but the armor on my character is plain.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/537381735160387765/3E7A17443F9C48245233DD72DC7A137B13155CDE/

3. I noticed this happening.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/537381735160486671/AC3B3CA955AAAB1C5D12A1E849C0672A29FFAE26/

Those are the only things I noticed so far.

Bug spotted with new family lines.

Princess Linthradil is 56 years old while her mother is only 47.
Well in my game anyways.

That's all for now.

AlphaWolfAndy said:

Well in my game anyways.

That's all for now.

It's an elf thing.

Thanks for the bug reports so far guys. All of these so far (besides the formations of course) are minor but are still important and shall be fixed.

Meteoric said:

PM me a save of your game so I can look at this, please

- GS

Meteoric said:

I confirm this issue and will have a hotfix for it asap.
While I'm at it I'll adjust the kingdom princesses to get skipped the randomness in family building and get correct ages for all 3 female "lords" (2 princesses and Queen Trisna).

- GS

AlphaWolfAndy said:

Well in my game anyways.

That's all for now.

I see where that happened.  Making a fix for that, tweak family generator a bit more, looking at why damsels are distressingly unavailable for courting.  I think I found it, one layer at least, if I'm lucky I can have a tiny patch ready this afternoon.  We'll test it here and when enough people think it's working as intended, if no other issues need rolling into it as well, we can put it someplace a bit more official than my private google drive.

There's a few more open issues I'd like to roll into a patch while I'm at it but really lack of marry-able gals is to me a pretty sad game.  Else I was going to be starting the .71 -> .8 merge so all the other devs can move forward, and I can see what they've been cooking in "Kitchen_2".  But they can wait a few hours, this is more critical atm.

- GS

===
status update:  Found the problem late afternoon, day 3.
  Although what I was working on the first 2 days did benefit from some rework, the main problem was pretty simple once
I knew where to look.  I was thinking something deep in scripts was messed up, but the fix ended up a simple 5 minute fix around the exact middle of "dialogs".    In the end only "scripts.txt" and "dialogs.txt" need updating, but here's all the .txt files for completeness (thus updating ANY version of .71)  This is a HOT FIX that does NOT need a new savegame (if made in the last week) or new char, although new chars can have slightly fewer cross border families and other effects.  This version gives special attention for tiny kingdoms, which (ahem) MIGHT be useful someday... and should influence Falcons, Dwarves, Valahir and Zann the most.

changelog:
(fixed)  Ages are fixed for the Princesses, Queens, Vizier Khalil.
(fixed)  LADIES no longer listed as "unfortunately no one in my family is eligible for marriage" in response to
        "what would it take to cement a lasting alliance with your house"
(fixed)  very small kingdoms incorrectly assigned parents outside the kingdom borders for lords and ladies of that kingdom

(added but not tested)  Princesses Birgit and Linthradil have their romantic interests list cleared at "initialize_aristocracy"
                  this list can still refill from a check in simple_triggers, so that will be the next thing I need tested...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVThST2FxcEUtN2M/view?usp=sharing

we'll doubtless roll more fixes into a "formal patch" but at least I can stop holding up the team.

tweak family generator a bit more
Same thing with all royal families (Reich, Drahara, but didn't checked Maccavia). Also in 0.7 were problem with Queen Trisna - she had nearly permanent relations with Agathor around 50 and never defected, even after faction was totaly destroyed and all other vassals spread around other ones, that leaded to unability to "win" the game because Maccavia "still exists". I can't check this in 0.71 because of very limited amount of time to play for now...
And nobility bug actual for elves and humans, but everything is ok with dwarves (checked only males).

Yeah its systemic, the family generator proceeded to reassign more (unassigned) ladies to fathers, breaking the linkage to
the first pass output  lady <-> (spouse/father/guardian)

all the kingdoms are affected.

Almost there, pity have to emergency patch so soon  :sad:

- GS
=====
lunchtime Dec 2 2014  Past yesterday's issue but its just ... dragging... on... slowly...  Feels like I've compiled, test, fail, loop like 40 times.  Even with a fast PC (probably 3x faster than Michadr's) it just drags.  Maybe a walk in the drizzle outside will refresh me.
I'm *gonna* beat this one, and I'll test it a bit before you see it. 

Meteoric said:
pity to have to patch so soon but lucky we caught it so soon  :cool:
Best to have a stable version before we start going full steam into 0.8 then having a few bugs still around while people wait for 0.8

Michadr said:
Please post your bugs/crashes here.

For those of you who encounter crashes please read:
Suggestion 1: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html & http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
Suggestion 2:
Yozzer said:
@ op
The mod works fine without crashing, it just pushes the boundaries a bit with regards to textures, sound etc. , just like some other mods, but as python, the language used to write the mod, is a bit unforgiving (to be non technical), it can cease to function during the game, and present a RGL log to help identify the cause.
It happens a lot in some large expansive mods, and some work may need to be done to discover why your particular machine spits the game out. The fact that it will play native is because it does not push the boundaries as much as some of the big mods, like this one.
When you first start Warband, before selecting a mod, it allows you to "configure" Warband. There are not many options there, but you will see "force single threading" (i think that is the exact text). It is put there for a reason, that is because Pyhton is a bit old, and can have problems when running on multiple cores, so make sure this is ticked if you have multiple cores. Textures on demand is another one to help with lower spec machines.
So
1) What are those settings, i.e. which boxes are ticked
2) You say you like using cheats to check the game out. What cheats are you using? battle size etc.
3) What sort of machine are you running this on? Ram CPU graphics, will it run in Dx7 (selected in game when the mod is active).
4) Try disabling sound, my machine does not like playing some large Warband mods with my Soundblaster XFI enabled, I have to play using the motherboard onboard sound, just an example of how finicky the game can be.

If you prefer not to enlighten us with such details, why not search for guides to help people with this problem, there are a number, usually at the start of the mod, (I think one was put at the start of 1776), if not still there, pick any big mod and a search, that should give you a guide.
Last, this is a great mod in the making, worth taking the trouble to explore why it will not run on your box, but that is up to you, there is not much more help I can give  :cool:
Suggestion 3: Try GameBooster >> http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster
Suggestion 4: Avoid Using Battle-sizer
Suggestion 5: Your game may be Corrupt, or your mod may be Corrupt. Try downloading the latest version of the mod again, or reinstalling Warband. Also if you have a pirated version of the game that could be another problem as they do NOT work as well as the bought version, as it causes problems that I can't fix.
Suggestion 6: You may be trying to run the mod on Mount&Blade. Try using Warband
Suggestion 7: FOR LOW END PCs > http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312100.0.html

Both versions .7 and .71 are giving me C++ Runtime errors.

I've validated the game cache and redownloaded the mod, with no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom