[Bug] Selection of Lords when Fief is up for vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Celeiron

Recruit
I shall try to describe briefly what I experienced today.
Since I have not experienced it before, at least not to this degree,
I surmise it must be a bug.
If it is a feature, it should not be since it is fun-breaking.
So here goes:

I am playing as a Khuzait vassal.
I have recieved fiefs before, but not for some time, having around 2k influence saved up.
In my playing-session today I started to realize that in no voting session was I even eligible even though I had taken part in the siege.
Instead, other lords who were on the other side of the map were selected as the 3 to vote between.

It seemed strange, so I put it to the test:
I gathered up an army of my own.
I went to a city, besieged it, conquered it.
In the battle, I killed 27 enemies myself.
In the election afterwards, I was not even up for selection.
Instead, other lords who had not even taken part were up for election.

If I dont get a fief I concquered because of bad relations, bad voting, etc, sure.
But not getting it because for reasons I can not understand I am not even one of the 3 to vote between... Why?

Feels frustrating. If this is a feature rather than a bug, it is a feature that breaks the game for me.

If others have made similar experiences, please let me know.
If there is a logical system to who is up for vote, let me know, too.

Edit:
On second thoughts, maybe some more transparency would help, too:
Add some information to the fief-voting-screen as to why these 3 lords were chosen by the game to be up for vote.

Last edited:
It seems to do with some combination of the following:

Relationship with Ruler
Clan Strength

I was Tier IV clan with one crappy castle despite carrying my kingdom's water on the campaign map. My relationship was like -2. So I spent all my influence points on 'supporting the King's clan' and got it up to 10 or 12... He gave me the very next city despite the fact that nobody voted for me!

I supported my king with 300 influence on one of the prior elections, so we are best buddies, 90+

The clan-level thing might be it, level 3 and 3 fiefs... adds up.
But then, if that is a concept, please, devs, work on some more transparent communication!

I have had the same issue when at clan tier 4 and good relations with faction leader.
Got a fief early on but was never on a vote for one afterwards.
Despite leading or being involved in the taking of many towns and castles.
I think the issue is that as a faction expands they attract more vassals.
Who then get priority as they have no fiefs.

I've been the ruler and took the castle myself and wasn't on the list, who knows how they pick the three names they do. I've stopped taking castles/towns and capture lords and wait to get a new fief that way as that doesn't get voted on.

Would be nice to get a response from the devs since nobody seems to really know how the 3 names are picked. So much uncertainty around a system so important in the game...

They decide on who has the least fiefs, so if you don't have any fiefs you will get the chance of getting voted, but if you do have a lot you won't. It also depends on your renown, and relation with the ruler, so try that, also get the people that don't have fiefs lots of castles, vote em in, so then you might the chance next.

Back
Top Bottom