Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Please use this thread to report any bugs or issues you find.

IMPORTANT:

If your game crashes in some town sieges, before trying the optional patch, I recommend lowering the resolution and/or lower the corpses as this shall fix it if you have a good computer. The crashes happen due to the huge size of the towns combined with the high poly textures of environment, buildings and units equipment and it seems to happen when reinforcements keep coming adding to the corpses already in the field, so having less corpses in the battlefield shall be a huge help. This is only problematic in TOWNS sieges, in castles sieges and normal battlefield this is not an issue. Lowering resolution also helps when just visiting towns both in loading time and also to avoid crashes as it can also happen after you have visited a couple towns because this will hit your v-ram. The higher the resolution the bigger the hit on your v-ram.

KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES:

- If you enable Auxiliary Player don't chose to change commander because the scripts conflict and will bug your game!

- If you enable Auxiliary Player when you die and at the moment you replace a random soldier it will show some warning red
  lines, it shall be harmless.

- When freelancing, after being captured you were supposed to rejoin the lord but you don't get the option in
  dialog, so just ask to leave and then ask to join again. If you don't find him after few days you'll leave automatically.

- There are at least 2 towns that when on your ship and trying to land that clicking on the town doesn't do anything, just
  click on the village/castle closer to it.

- Sometimes when trying to enter a fort the game will crash, this is a bit random but helps waiting a day after upgrading
  it and after loading a save. In any case save your game before enter a fort.

- If you can't read the font or just don't like it, delete FONT_DATA.XML from data folder and FONT.DDS from textures folder in Sands of Faith folder to revert to vanilla.

- Having several outposts and trying to destroy one can crash the game and corrupt the save (ideally avoid use the destroy
  function since is uncertain how extensive can this bug be).

- When starting as king or lord if you don't replace the character name (you can replace with the exact same name of course)
  there is at least a little bug is that other parties when refering to you like "following xxx" or "running from xxx" it
  doesn't show any name, so just reenter the same name if you want to keep it.

- Sometimes in the campaign map log it will show hours instead of the name of the lord when defeated in a battle for example,
  this is harmless.

- Spear bracing doesn't work, don't use it.

Hello! I just discovered this mod last night (it looks awesome!) and already have a couple issues. Wondering if these are related to my settings or the mods I've started fiddling with:

1) In the log, sometimes I get something like "January 11, 1185 22o'clock has been captured" instead of a name for the NPC that got captured

2) The log messages that appear in the lower left of the screen in real time disappeared about 20 days in. It started after I toggled some minor mod settings, and also a little bit after the lord I'm on leave from got captured. When I reload the game, they appear for an instant, but then disappear again.

3) I had 2 companions before I signed up for a Lord and noticed that they only technically left my party one at a time. When I first requested leave, Pierre left but Fulbert stayed (even though he didn't show up, when I requested leave Fulbert was in my party). It was only the second time I requested leave that Fulbert also left. Think this is a bug?

Thanks for working on this mod!

lonmzjia said:
Hello! I just discovered this mod last night (it looks awesome!) and already have a couple issues. Wondering if these are related to my settings or the mods I've started fiddling with:

1) In the log, sometimes I get something like "January 11, 1185 22o'clock has been captured" instead of a name for the NPC that got captured

2) The log messages that appear in the lower left of the screen in real time disappeared about 20 days in. It started after I toggled some minor mod settings, and also a little bit after the lord I'm on leave from got captured. When I reload the game, they appear for an instant, but then disappear again.

3) I had 2 companions before I signed up for a Lord and noticed that they only technically left my party one at a time. When I first requested leave, Pierre left but Fulbert stayed (even though he didn't show up, when I requested leave Fulbert was in my party). It was only the second time I requested leave that Fulbert also left. Think this is a bug?

Thanks for working on this mod!

1) I'm aware of that, I didn't look much into it, I did tried something but didn't work, is one of those little things I still need to fix but anyway it doesn't really interfere with gameplay.

2) There was only 1 other player reporting something like that, what did you exactly changed? Just saying "minor mod settings" is not enough. I believe it can be related to reinforcements presentation since it was only added in v1.5 but only when some stuff is changed since the other player who reported that also said he did changed some settings.

3) All companions are supposed to leave your party while enlisted yes.

Released fix to log disappearing in v1.5, USE ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE LOG DISAPPEARING since it basically removes the nice reinforcements presentation that might be causing it for some players. Copy/paste the mission_templates.txt in the folder to Sands of Faith v1.5 folder and replace. It is savegame compatible, no problem (although not sure if it fixes the problem if it already exists but it should since relaunching the game seems to fix it until it happens again after a battle).

Ok it seems I figured out what causes the log disappearing and why only to a few, it seems it happens when you use the "backspace" key to issue orders instead of the numbers hotkeys, it might be a presentation conflict, I don't even know why would someone use the "backspace" lol it also explains a couple players saying that voice when issuing orders wasn't working, since it only works when using numbers hotkeys, I really don't get why would someone use "backspace" instead of numbers+f keys which is more intuitive and much less intrusive. Anyway the patch shall still fix the log disappearing when using the "backspace" presentation.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not sure if I changed the presentation settings. I think the only things I toggled or changed were in the Custom Commander options (i.e. morale threshold for consuming food). Either way, uninstalling and re-installing the mod seems to have fixed the issue!

Since I'm here anyway, two other minor items I've noticed after playing some more:

1) Where the horn icon displays when a battle starts, sometimes a random enlarged other icon appears instead. Not sure what triggers this.
2) Probably related to the above: the minimap on the battle field doesn't always show up initially.

Wulfric said:
I have noticed that AI never uses formations despite the fact that I have "AI Formations" enabled in the PBOD menu.

Because you didn't read description that clearly states you need to also put AI settings at maximum in Diplomacy mod options. That's why reading description shall be common sense...

lonmzjia said:
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not sure if I changed the presentation settings. I think the only things I toggled or changed were in the Custom Commander options (i.e. morale threshold for consuming food). Either way, uninstalling and re-installing the mod seems to have fixed the issue!

Since I'm here anyway, two other minor items I've noticed after playing some more:

1) Where the horn icon displays when a battle starts, sometimes a random enlarged other icon appears instead. Not sure what triggers this.
2) Probably related to the above: the minimap on the battle field doesn't always show up initially.

As I've said the log disappearing as to do with the fact you use the "backspace" to issue orders, that presentation might be conflicting with the reinforcements presentation, so either use the numbers keys which is a lot better and you also get voice over, also you don't have all orders available on the "backspace" presentation I think. That "random enlarged other icon" is easy fixed just press "escape and then back" or just wait it shall go away after a moment. The minimap is removed intentionally when reinforcemens presentaion triggers, for some odd reason it sometimes trigger at the beginning of the battle. Anyway the reinforcement presentation is a bit buggy that's why I released a fix that removes it and shall solve ALL those issues. So if you don't care about reinforcement presentation just download the fix.

matmohair1 said:
:neutral: a few Saracen helmets have ears, noses or beards poking out of the edges

on the cheat menu  :facepalm: I keep divorcing my wife by mistake  :lol:

I know that ears and noses can get slightly out from some muslim helmets, the beards though it's strange because most have flag to remove beard I thought I only remove the flag from some light helmets? I'm curious, did you get married as adventurer or Lord or did you started already married? Someone kept complaining he couldn't get married...

thewanderingknight said:
Wulfric said:
I have noticed that AI never uses formations despite the fact that I have "AI Formations" enabled in the PBOD menu.

Because you didn't read description that clearly states you need to also put AI settings at maximum in Diplomacy mod options. That's why reading description shall be common sense...

I had read the description, smartarse. I just assumed that you meant the actual game settings and said Diplomacy by mistake as I had no idea that increasing "AI Changes" would result in AI having proper battle formations because it's not meant to.

zParsifal said:
OPTIONAL AI CHANGES (as of Diplomacy 4.1)

This can be changed between OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH/EXPERIMENTAL through athe camp menu, and defaults to LOW.  Each setting includes all of the changes of the previous levels.

Enabled on LOW or above:
  • When a lord is looking for a new faction to join, he is more likely to rejoin his original faction unless that is the faction he is leaving.
  • When the AI picks a fief to defend from attacks, give greater priority to defending fiefs with lords than fiefs without lords.
  • Increased the range of circumstances in which the AI will surrender to a massively superior sieging force.  Factors include among other things the personality of the leader of the defenders, how much the kingdom values the fortress, and the campaign AI difficulty setting.
  • If a king cannot decide who to support to receive a fief, instead of automatically defaulting to himself he will decide to who to pick (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm mentioned in the MEDIUM section below.
  • (VARIABLE) Tweak the way that potential targets for attack are evaluated, to make retaking recently-lost fiefs more attractive.  The magnitude of the change varies based on how high the AI Changes setting is.

Enabled on MEDIUM or above:
  • Tweak the relationship loss calculation with other lords when one lord is granted a fief, to make it slightly less unreasonable (e.g. when returning a recaptured fief to its original owner).
  • For kings and lords with certain personalities, when supporting lords to receive villages, changed the minimum relation a fiefless lord has to have before they will support him.  (In Native, they wouldn't support a lord with relation below 0, but through dialogs kings would offer villages to players with relations as low as -5.)  Fixing this removes an inconsistency, and decreases the perpetually-fiefless-lord issue.
  • For martially-minded lords, when choosing who to support to receive a fief, they will support the conquerer more often.
  • Kings use an alternate algorithm for deciding which lord would be best suited for a fief.  They are more likely to award a reconquered fief to the lord who held it last; they are more likely to grant fiefs to lords that are somewhat-closeby; they take into consideration ancestral claims; and they are less likely to award every single fief to themselves because they can't think of any other candidates.  Other aesthetic factors also apply.
  • If a lord other than a king cannot decide who to support according to the Native criteria, instead of automatically picking himself he will choose who to support (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm used by kings.
  • (VARIABLE) Tweak the way that potential targets for attack are evaluated, to make retaking recently-lost fiefs more attractive.  The magnitude of the change varies based on how high the AI Changes setting is.

Enabled on HIGH:
  • When a lord or the player is courting a lady, the standard for the renown bonus is adjusted based on the renown of her daddy/guardian.
  • Under some circumstances, NPC kings might decide to give away villages they own to fiefless lords in their faction, in order to forestall discontent.

4.1: Under some circumstances, NPC kings might decide to give away villages they own to fiefless lords in their faction, in order to forestall discontent.

You should've specified what "AI Changes" actually changed in YOUR mod if you're going to act like an arrogant *****.

Wulfric said:
thewanderingknight said:
Wulfric said:

I had read the description, smartarse. I just assumed that you meant the actual game settings and said Diplomacy by mistake as I had no idea that increasing "AI Changes" would result in AI having proper battle formations because it's not meant to.

zParsifal said:
OPTIONAL AI CHANGES (as of Diplomacy 4.1)

This can be changed between OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH/EXPERIMENTAL through athe camp menu, and defaults to LOW.  Each setting includes all of the changes of the previous levels.

Enabled on LOW or above:
  • When a lord is looking for a new faction to join, he is more likely to rejoin his original faction unless that is the faction he is leaving.
  • When the AI picks a fief to defend from attacks, give greater priority to defending fiefs with lords than fiefs without lords.
  • Increased the range of circumstances in which the AI will surrender to a massively superior sieging force.  Factors include among other things the personality of the leader of the defenders, how much the kingdom values the fortress, and the campaign AI difficulty setting.
  • If a king cannot decide who to support to receive a fief, instead of automatically defaulting to himself he will decide to who to pick (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm mentioned in the MEDIUM section below.

Enabled on MEDIUM or above:
  • Tweak the relationship loss calculation with other lords when one lord is granted a fief, to make it slightly less unreasonable (e.g. when returning a recaptured fief to its original owner).
  • For kings and lords with certain personalities, when supporting lords to receive villages, changed the minimum relation a fiefless lord has to have before they will support him.  (In Native, they wouldn't support a lord with relation below 0, but through dialogs kings would offer villages to players with relations as low as -5.)  Fixing this removes an inconsistency, and decreases the perpetually-fiefless-lord issue.
  • For martially-minded lords, when choosing who to support to receive a fief, they will support the conquerer more often.
  • Kings use an alternate algorithm for deciding which lord would be best suited for a fief.  They are more likely to award a reconquered fief to the lord who held it last; they are more likely to grant fiefs to lords that are somewhat-closeby; they take into consideration ancestral claims; and they are less likely to award every single fief to themselves because they can't think of any other candidates.  Other aesthetic factors also apply.
  • If a lord other than a king cannot decide who to support according to the Native criteria, instead of automatically picking himself he will choose who to support (which might still be himself) according to the alternate algorithm used by kings.

Enabled on HIGH:
  • When a lord or the player is courting a lady, the standard for the renown bonus is adjusted based on the renown of her daddy/guardian.
  • Under some circumstances, NPC kings might decide to give away villages they own to fiefless lords in their faction, in order to forestall discontent.

4.1: Under some circumstances, NPC kings might decide to give away villages they own to fiefless lords in their faction, in order to forestall discontent.

You should've specified what "AI Changes" actually changed in YOUR mod if you're going to act like an arrogant *****.

Control your language please, I just stated the obvious which by the way is also in the FAQ which is also there for a reason look: "I don't like this or that feature or I would like AI to use formations and etc, what can I do?" If you read the answer to that it clearly state that also and you don't should assume there is a mistake, if I say "diplomacy mod options" it means exactly that so it means in the mod it's actually connected don't you think? I don't get what's the doubt. There are a lot of editing made to all those submods, they weren't just copy/paste...

thewanderingknight said:
I'm curious, did you get married as adventurer or Lord or did you started already married? Someone kept complaining he couldn't get married...
I started as a married lord,  :mrgreen: but its so easy to accidentally  :lol: press the "divorce your wife button" in the cheat menu when finding items

Using the Auxilia feature causes script errors when the player character is knocked out and you take control of a NPC.

Also, would love to have the option to turn shield-bash feature off. I'm not used to it and frequently die as a result of me bashing by accident..

Captain_Octavius said:
Using the Auxilia feature causes script errors when the player character is knocked out and you take control of a NPC.

Also, would love to have the option to turn shield-bash feature off. I'm not used to it and frequently die as a result of me bashing by accident..

I know about the "errors" they shall be harmless. Funny that most players think the mod don't even have shield bash since they can't even figure out how to use it xd

Hitman™ said:
i just upgrade from 0.9 enhanced to 1.5.

how to use the old save files?, when i try to move it to 1.5 save folder it just error.

Obviously you need to start a new game, it's a completely different game.

f2kVYAe.jpg

Playing with version 1.3. All lances have no texture banners. I suspect this has something to do with the fact that I'm playing on a Mac.
With 1.5, all the scenes have no textures at all, the main menu too. Everything else works just fine.

Two small glitches to report from my end;

1) Sometimes upon walking around towns or castles the screen stays black after the red date text "Anno Domina 1185", not much of an issue generally as you can tab out and try again- when doing prison breaks and this happens it is a little annoying, screen stays black but you can still walk around, be attacked but cant tab out. (I normally save before prison breaks so as to not have issues with lucky arrows to the escapee's face).

2) When recruiting knights from towns and there is 'no one here to follow you' the town menu reverts to a village menu (no tavern, merchants or keep menu items and the image is changed to a village image). Tab'ing out and re-entering fixes this fine. Cant think of any instances this could be game breaking on.

Cheers  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom