Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Hehe I would guess it is because NCrawler never thought people would play enough to get that much money and then put it in the bank. :razz:
I would guess it can be changed for next time.

Just a few minor issues I've noticed in BoW1011a005:

Halberd from Talak's armory isn't usable from horseback (I know it shouldn't be), but it doesn't say so in the item's description.
Crowned helm uses open helm tag, so it just looks plain weird.

Anyway thanks for keeping this alive.

Helms, got the crowned helm, changed it and the sugarloaf to covers head.

Replace the lines (for talak great and crown) in items_kinds1.txt file in the module.
Code:
 itm_talak_great_helm Sugarloaf_Helm Sugarloaf_Helm 1  sugarloaf_helm 0  2147549196 0 985 704643238 2.750000 40 54 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_sutton_hoo Sutton_Hoo Sutton_Hoo 1  sutton_hoo 0  65548 0 553 704643238 2.500000 40 48 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

itm_crown Crowned_Helm Crowned_Helm 2  crown 0  crown_ornate 536870912  2147549196 0 985 704643238 2.750000 10 54 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

mfberg

I wouldn't call it a bug..... but in the previous incarnations of BoW you could sell prisoners to friendly caravans. Also you got more for higher ranks.

When telling NPC's which weapons to loot, there is no input for firearms or cartridges. 

Tell your companions to keep what they have for the firearm and cartridges. Siince I don't have any firearm upgrades or firearms in most loot they shouldn't come up often. (Werner has them, custom sharpshooters can be equipped with them, but their abundance in shops should be very low).

I'll see what I can do for the next update.

mfberg

so i just started...
turnament in khudan- turnament tipe was khergit (horse archers, lancers, and horse javeliners). City was vaegir.

also ...
i would realy like you to look into native expansion mod.
I say this because it has the make your own kd thing much nicer than native (and would take you a lot to write a code for this). player kd is the main reason that mod is played.
the troop tree is very expanded also and should make a nice ballance between having 30 heroes or 30 troop types.
it has nicer estates. Read it`s forum for stuff they added...
FEATURES:
-Almost 100 new units.
-Most units have gotten stronger.
-Looters replaced by war parties, which are fairly powerful - 30-40 mercenaries.
-Mercenaries are very strong, but kingdom troops tend to beat them.
-Kingdom troops gain a strength boost.
-Lords and Kings are extremely strong.
-Dozens of new items.
-Troops are equipped with these new items.
formations j - Form Ranks
p - Form a Line
k - Form a Wedge
u - Remove Formations

kingdom patrols and lots more
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49800.0.html

now back to BOW...
just fought the first black party ... pilgrims...
did not liked the weapons (pilgrims with poleaxes?) you might give them a nice iron staff with tweeked speed, and they did not look that black..(the bk warrior and others, the pilgrims looked ok)
they were ok as fighting power...

The most last version up should have player initiated patrols, player controlled kingdom (recruit your lords, and give the fiefs to your lords) as well as the autoloot and a few other things. Its also got the fight as any of your companions in there. I'll look through troop loadouts again, I thought I had replaced those poleaxes with volgues and battle axes.

mfberg

logos text is larger than the box, comes over the buttons
ranger runners have 2 weapon piercing no blunt
the woodsman has no blunt, no ranged... (not even a set of throwing)
the first rider of rangers has no blunt weapon...
the choice of weapons for companions ... has no option for 1h lance or 2h polearm...
the awali lance is not for use on horseback but it gets looted by my horsemans...
the kd are too quiet
the loot is crappy...
the bows are too weak...

hkergits and black khergit confruntation... i can not jump in to help the khergits althow i have a +4 relation
Awaly scouts are helping khergit fight a rhodoc caravan...

Thanks,

Logos - I may have to cut some more off, and add it in to increase his long-windedness elsewhere.

Rangers - I'll get blunts in for all. I've got ranged for all in my update.

There will be a new set of ranger upgrades one line will be set as archer/horse archery, the other will be set as infantry/cav with the possibility of ranged weapons. This will mean four top end troops in the custom line, so there will be little room for all the troops in your slots.

Polearms vs lances - I'll have to check the autoloot functionality to see if I have a good spot to differentiate.

Loot - yes, loot is crappy, there is an always loot config for items that I might see how it works.

If you are using the RCM data then bows are strange. If you are using regular then bows work great against lesser armored opponents.

Ability to join in is based on relations with both factions. Black Khergits right now start at 0 and go to -10 the first time you meet them AND peave them off. I've changed the relations some in the new version, but need to check them again. (Awali will be neutral, except against bandits.)

I'm trying to put in a couple of extra strongholds for the player to take early (bandit, dark knight), but the villagers (the closest one is always associated to the castle) have to travel to some market, and right now that market is the player. I'll try moving the village back to a faction with a town, that should do the trick. In my current test I'm trying to see if including a leader for the Dark Knights allows them to recruit the player as a lord.

I'm also looking for a way to dismount before battle (the old battle orders), perhaps using the dismount system from seiges, but I have to figure how to get it just to apply to certain troop classes from the player's party. (Companions, custom troops, cavalry, all).

mfberg

mfberg said:
Polearms vs lances - I'll have to check the autoloot functionality to see if I have a good spot to differentiate.

get_item_kinds returns itp_polearm for all polearms. To differentiate, some ways are to (1) rearrange the items file to put all subtypes together or (2) explicitly set item slots in the beginning of the game or (3) (advanced, difficult) use something like the trick I used to set item difficulties by encoding the information into the price of the item.

mfberg said:
Loot - yes, loot is crappy, there is an always loot config for items that I might see how it works.

Check that NPC heroes are not taking up 3 shares of loot like in Native. The loot in Native is calculated as:

10/(10 + 3*NPCs + regulars)

i.e., player gets 10 shares. With 30 NPCs you're only getting 1/10 of the loot. Since player needs to also equip NPCs I think they shouldn't get an equipment loot share but instead get a high regular salary that goes up with their level.

mfberg said:
I'm also looking for a way to dismount before battle (the old battle orders), perhaps using the dismount system from seiges, but I have to figure how to get it just to apply to certain troop classes from the player's party. (Companions, custom troops, cavalry, all).

If you use mission templates to override_horse with nothing, everyone including the player also has to start dismounted. But that's feasible. Might be the best way to implement this since you can do it for all regulars too.

Otherwise,

For companions and custom troops it is a simple matter to just eliminate all horses from their inventory and restore after the battle. For companions, just use a slot to remember the horse type and imod. For custom troops, just remove all horses and restore from the backup copy of the inventory after battle.

For regulars it is problematic since you can't manipulate their inventory separately from allies/enemy troops of the same kind. That's why I never did it.

maybe the loot can be made even nicer...
ex:
fighting dark avengers always generates a dark armour (random quality)
fighting dark knights always generates a a dark helmet (random quality
dark paesants generate dark boots...

so when we fight a dark party we would get dressed up...
similar for the awaly (they should generate unique weapons )- nice bows and 40 arrows pack, spears
the black khergit should generate a black khergit charger...  (random quality)

also i think the rangers should have a uber-ranger that has about 15 in all stats, 5 in all skills, and all the weapons and armour in the game except the uniques that drop from the 3 extra party. For ballance issues they should have a high maintenance cost, and take a lot to train. All the 4 top rangers should lead to the same uber-ranger
And eventualy when you reintroduce the  EI they can drop their nice loot...

BTW... see that the slaves are all sold for the same price... (changing that should be simple)

Back
Top Bottom