Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

snouz said:
I just got this error trying to open a brf in OpenBRF 0.0.82e, which opens fine in openbrf 0.0.81b
KYxqplx.png

EDIT: it opens correctly after.

Here's how it behaves:
-I open openbrf
-I load any brf, which gives me this error
-I click ok, it's back to normal behavior
-I can load other files, the error is not there
-if I close open brf and open it again, it gives me the error again.

BTW I don't have any custom shader.

I'm having this issue too, running the "Preview-shaders Diagnostics" says I'm using the default shaders (fixed functionality), and that they're working correctly. (In the diagnostics "default" is misspelled as "deafult" btw). 

The previewer behaves strangely. In some angles, it overlaps, faces are not correctly aligned etc. IIRC it was working fine before 82.

wExOLYk.jpg

On this example, the angle of view separates these two faces, but here they are:
66GH7H8.jpg

They're linked.

Same on this example: you see this black line? It's supposed to be light metal.
lqACV0b.jpg

mtarini said:
Does it open vanilla files for you?
Which other file gives you the problem?

Are you using, by any chance, custom preview glsl shaders for OpenBRF in that mod?

Whichever the reason of the problem, I hope you can bypass the problem by unselecting "using preview shaders" under settings
(but this will disable normal maps and other similar things in the OpenBRF previews).
Sorry for the delay, I'm not using any custom shader. The problem has just become a minor annoyance when I open a file in our mod (some other mods open normally)

just gonna let u know it cant open module downloaded from steam workshop, but it can open module from the M&B warband directory itself

Still have a shader bug window every time I open a brf, where there's a mesh and in any module except native. I have no error when i scan module for error.

This is what I've got when I load a brf (message was a bit different before). It loads between the second and third column load. It goes away without consequences when i click ok.
OxKT02i.jpg

There are no custom shaders.

preview shader diagnostic gives me that.
UIbh1OM.jpg

Same here, it also gives that error when loading the Native module with only CommonRes brfs. Only occurs the first time I open a brf after the program starts.

Maroon said:
Same here, it also gives that error when loading the Native module with only CommonRes brfs. Only occurs the first time I open a brf after the program starts.

I just retested, and indeed, it appears when you first load a brf wish a mesh (doesn't happen when there's only skeleton or animation for example), regardless of module (native is indeed affected). It happens the first time I load a brf that includes a mesh in the instance of openbrf. So, for example, I open OBRF, i load a brf with only animations. It loads correctly. I load a brf with a mesh, it gives me that exact error. I load another one, it loads correctly. The error re-appears only if I open a second instance of OBRF.

I use Windows 10, graphic card is radeon HD 7850.

<...checks the code...>

Oh, I see.

I'll make a smarter version, but for now it is enough that you remove (or rename) the file "customPreviewShaders.xml", a file which sits next to openBrf.exe.
Or substitute it with this fixed one: [customPreviewShaders.xml] (right click, save as).

Thank you for reporting!

((  longer explanation: that file is the place for any custom shaders which some users might want to write so to preview their meshes with it. OpenBRF comes with an example of one such shader, given just as a guide to help people write their own. But, this example shader currently happen to have a very minor error which is ignored by many OpenGL drivers, but not all of them. Even if the shader is not used by any material and serves no immediate purpose, openBRF still reads it, and reports the error. The next update will (1) come with the fixed example shader (2) make openBRF not lose time to read and compile it anyway, because it is just one example  )).

I tried your file, and it worked. Also, it greatly reduced the problem of strange geometry/see through parts that I posted earlier. It's back to normal I think!

For some reason i can't see the preview of the mesh/texture/whatever i've selected
it's just blank, with an image of whatever was behind the window before i opened it
this is the latest version.

4586ab4cc2848067b8cb6d74650c3bec.png

Here's a skinned helmet (mounted with "mount on one bone", and then I copy pasted another meshes skinning.
NpxriYN.jpg

Now I want to unmount it to apply rescale.
So I right click>discard>skinning (unmount from bone)
But here's what I get:
ofDqR31.jpg

So I tried discard>skinning, then discard>skinning (unmount from bone), but it's the same. No animation is currently selected. There is no vertex animation.

I'm having a problem with OpenBrf not highlighting meshes/materials/textures depending on whether they are used, not used, or have a double.
3DiCmaG.png
3DiD4IM.png
Again.

This problem had existed in the past (back then I didn't even know Openbrf could do this highlighting thing) before I unintentionally fixed it: it turned out that for some reason OpenBrf couldn't normally read items that, as far as I remember, had , [], [ ]], in the end, like here:
["darkblade", " Spiked Blade", [("darkblade", 0)], ittp_2h_wp | itp_2hw | itp_prim, itc_nodachi | itcf_carry_sword_back, 3150, weight(3.1) | abundance(1) | difficulty(13) | spd_rtng(100) | weapon_length(115) | swing_damage(47, cut), imodbits_sword, [], []],
There was 1 such item in Perisno and after I removed these empty brackets, OpenBrf suddenly became so much better (the highlighting started working), and this feature really helped me in my work.

Today I started reviewing all the items and assigning them to correct factions. No empty brackets, only the ones with content, but the highlighting feature suddenly stopped working.  :cry:
The funny thing: there were already plenty of items in the mod that were assigned to certain kingdoms, and I didn't really do anything special today. Just assigned more of them.

So can this be fixed somehow?
It's a really helpful feature.
And I don't even understand why it is dependent on factions to which items are assigned, considering that this info is completely irrelevant/useless for a person who works with OpenBrf.

Also, there was always 1 .brf file in the mod (just several weapons, nothing special), all items in which were always marked as doubles/unused (not sure about the color, these shades of grey are confusing, so here is another thing I'd like to ask: can different colors be used for doubles and unused items?), despite the fact the they were actually used and didn't have doubles.
I'm not sure how this info can be useful, but.... just saying.

UPD: I found my error.
Added too many brackets to a couple of heraldic items, like here:
["tab_shield_small_round_b", "Round Cavalry Shield", [("tableau_shield_small_round_1", 0)], ittp_shield | itp_wooden_parry, itcf_carry_round_shield, 425, weight(2.0) | difficulty(2) | hit_points(425) | body_armor(14) | spd_rtng(97) | shield_width(40), imodbits_shield, [(ti_on_init_item, [(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"), (store_trigger_param_2, ":troop_no"), (call_script, "script_shield_item_set_banner", "tableau_small_round_shield_1", ":agent_no", ":troop_no")])], [], [fac_kingdom_1]], #
Still it's strange that the highlighting feature can be broken by it.

I found a mesh that makes OpenBRF crash every time I try to generate LODs (right click, Compute LODs).

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArgPmkN-wS8o61FPXQZfDzpmy6IY

I also saw items like the one snouz mentions.
AFAIR, recompiling normals at the top position and (I think) recompiling tangent dirs always solved this.

My openbrf gives me an error

Error reading file ... skins.txt at line 35 (line with male skins)
Internal error: stringT parameter 256.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I recently added some new skins to the mod and atm there is a total of 27 male skins in it.
Though in the game all of them work as they should.

um, I'm not sure if people still post here or not (sorry, haven't checked the last page in this thread) but I'm having a problem - whenever I try launching OpenBrf I get an error window that says:
Launching the application is impossible because MSVCR120.dll is missing on your computer. Try to reinstall the program.
I tried getting an MSVCR120.dll off the internet (yes, yes, I know it's supposedly dangerous and illegal or whatnot - I don't care), but it didn't work either way. One of the files I downloaded gave me a different error, saying something about incompatibility of the file with the application. Any ideas?

Corbul said:
because MSVCR120.dll

like you can't use modsys without Python, or play a game without your GPU drivers, you need the base software installed to use OpenBRF.

In this case looks like you are missing your C++ libraries like vcredist. Instead of looking for the individual .dll you should download and install the official package from Microsoft.

well i think i had that problem on my home PC when fresh instaled windows10
tryed a lot of variations, but the only one with worked were older openBRF version

kalarhan said:
Corbul said:
because MSVCR120.dll

like you can't use modsys without Python, or play a game without your GPU drivers, you need the base software installed to use OpenBRF.

In this case looks like you are missing your C++ libraries like vcredist. Instead of looking for the individual .dll you should download and install the official package from Microsoft.

Just tried it with vcredist_x86 pack - didn't work. Should I download older packs as well?

rgcotl said:
well i think i had that problem on my home PC when fresh instaled windows10
tryed a lot of variations, but the only one with worked were older openBRF version

But I'm using Windows 7  :???:
Eh, will try getting an older version

Edit: Alright! Got v.0.0.80e and it works. Thanks! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom