Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Now I see where the problem is, but I am not sure what to do:

Here is the issue: the material used by that helm, as many other things in your mod,
has flag "uniform light" set.
Not your fault, BTW: that flag was misleadingly named something like "Unkonwn (for alpha blend?)" before.

According to the info I've got, that flag means that the light should be uniform in the object.
Hence the result you show.

It is true that no material in native have that flag and a bumpmap shader.
That a somewhat contradictory combination: the flag means that normals shouldn't count,
yet the bumpmap carefully redefines normals. I'm not sure what the game does in this case.
Maybe the flag should be ignored, maybe the normal map should (as now). 

A screenshot from the game would help.
Even more so if first you replace the current RGB texture with a uniform-yellow texture
so that you can see better what the game does.

In any case, you probably want to remove that flag.
A best, it doesn't do anything; at worst, it compromises your lighting.
(as you know you can disable/enable a flag from many materials at once).

(In native, I can give you that for sure, only foliage meshes and very little else have that flag set.
Foliage meshes do look better without light computed on them, see screenshot in last update log.)

well i believe in game it looks all ok (expetion probably was just when u are in a total shadow and none of the lights reaching u then the feel is something like bump maps dissapears)
but you definatly could try to check it by yourself
nearly every armor helmet, boot, sandal, and plumes using the same flag (expetion is just with shields)

E8FA26B0556EAB2B3BA2E82DAC4CD487F9499E06

F5997CBF8504CC34982FFFBA460E7BB9C2326D41

mxdi.jpg

and what would be your recomendation for flag now ?

rgcotl said:
well i believe in game it looks all ok

That strikes me as an understatement... :grin:

rgcotl said:
and what would be your recomendation for flag now ?

To remove that "Uniform light" flags from all materials, except when you want lighting not to follow what the normal says, like in foliage. That can only either help, or not-affect, the rendering in game (most probably, the latter), and it would be more precise in theory, and would avoid confusing OpenBRF.

It is fairly quick to affect all flags of all materials at once: you can select them all (ctrl+A), then edit the flag.

cmpxchg8b said:
I think that flag should be ignored if the shader has no static lighting flag.

That would make a lot of sense, as would for example ignoring that flag is a bumpmap texture is set.

However, maybe OpenBRF shoulnd't bee too eager to forgive of small imprecision (like this one), for the sake of helping detecting them. I would assume most modders tend to be perfectionist.
But, if you think otherwise, feel free to suggest so.

Well put, xmpxchg8b

mtarini said:
maybe OpenBRF shoulnd't bee too eager to forgive small imprecisions (like this one), for the sake of helping detecting them.

cmpxchg8b said:
I mean that the game does it (most of the time), so OpenBrf should probably do it too.

The two lines quoted are, IMO, very valid reasons for doing two opposite things.
I wonder which way to go.

OpenBRF will generate but not Load a customFemininizer.morpher. I have the latest version 0.0.80e, and I'm running windows 8.1. I compared the contents of the customFemininizer.morpher files in my openBRF directory that I successfully generate when i do [Settings] -> [On armour auto-feminization] -> [Learn custom setting from selected meshes] with the the femininizer.morpher in the source code and the format of the files is identical (with slightly different values of course). Then i tried old versions starting with 0.0.77. That one and 0.0.78 could both generate and read custom feminizer morphers, but when I actually used them, the result was screwy and always made the feminine morph larger than the masculine morph. 0.0.79 and above is when it stopped loading but continued generating

[[EDIT: FIXED IN 0.0.82 -- mtarini]]

I just got this error trying to open a brf in OpenBRF 0.0.82e, which opens fine in openbrf 0.0.81b
KYxqplx.png

EDIT: it opens correctly after.

Here's how it behaves:
-I open openbrf
-I load any brf, which gives me this error
-I click ok, it's back to normal behavior
-I can load other files, the error is not there
-if I close open brf and open it again, it gives me the error again.

BTW I don't have any custom shader.

Does it open vanilla files for you?
Which other file gives you the problem?

Are you using, by any chance, custom preview glsl shaders for OpenBRF in that mod?

Whichever the reason of the problem, I hope you can bypass the problem by unselecting "using preview shaders" under settings
(but this will disable normal maps and other similar things in the OpenBRF previews).

I cannot import .obj files, I don't know why. They were exported sucessfully from .brf resource of OSP pack and I tried to put them into separate .brf file.

What was I doing:

1) opened Openbrf.exe,
2) clicked on Import static mesh
3) chose .obj
4) got a message "Cannot import file C:/Users/Michał/Desktop/Folder EXPORT/newbow1.obj"

Any suggestions? I tried to export and import AGAIN and AGAIN and re-download the NEWEST version of OpenBRF but still not working.

well can you explain why you exporting it at all when you can just copy paste it from one brf to another? And without breaking such things like normals, tanget dirs, hard edges and animations (in this case vertex animations)

rcotl:

I did as you said and it works now, so I don't have problems with export/import .obj files any longer. THX to you.

I was exporting and importing it because it was my habit and it was ALWAYS working so that's why I was so shocked when this message "cannot import" started to appear. Seems like I need to breaking my habits.

hey i got a little problem with OpenBFR,it doesnt opens ,it only opens when i got properties and there i go to compability and chose to execute with  color but it doesnt lets me view the bfr

The program dont open in my system. My system is windows 7 64x ultimate.

(link)prnt.sc/bukxy6(/link)
"the application can not be initialized..."

There is any prerequisite to use this tool?

I have a dragon mesh split as how a race would; hands, bodies and a proper skeleton&animations which are working fine in-game. (Not quite, but at least they are fixable or something.)

So, what I want to do is that; I want to convert the dragon to a vertex-animated scene prop and it is giving me this interesting "Incompatible skin" error. What is the problem?

Hi, when I open "OpenBRF", I don't manage to see textures, but I manage to see drills. Can you help me ??  Sry for my English, I know of it's bad, I'm French ^^

well some screenshots might be good to add

also from the past expieriences try to uncheck the normal box if you start seeing the textures instead of black then you just need to resave normal map textures to dxt1 instead of dxt5 or dxt3

Back
Top Bottom