BUG Reports v 1.39 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hister said:
I joined a lord (freelancer) and then was asked after battle what to do with the dead people - I also got a lot of money and was able to choose equipment freely. I am not supposed to be able to do that as the lowest rank soldier - needs fixing.

This is also happening to me, I'm treated as a lord in party when it comes to battles, after victory I get asked whether or not to burn and bury / loot and the options work as per normal.

Also, the freelancer in battle looting doesn't work for mine. After battles, I don't get to keep whatever weapon I'm currently wielding.

:Edit: Hold on, it could just be extra leftover scripts from 1.38 since I just realized its required to remove 1.38 before installing 1.39.

:Edit: Nope, after reinstalling Brytenwelda and making a new game, problem still persists.

Ive got these message in my notes and im not seeing any of the the normal messages.

Script error on opcode 1652: Invalid party id: 4; line number: 141:
At script: Battle_political_consequences.
At script: Game_event_simulate_battle.

Also From time to time it makes me constantly draw/change weapon in a fight and i cant make it stop.

Sometimes both sides in a fight refuse to advance so i have to attack them directly alone and die to get the fight running.

And i own 17 acres of land in caiseal but as far as ive seen im drawing no income from them and the town does not even show on the financial report at all.
Does any1 know if this works or if i have to go to a specific person to collect the money?

Adorno said:
Untitled. said:
I decided to join up as a freelancer for the Mercians and they immediately went out to siege Loidis. My allies used the stairs and all was fine and dandy until the enemy units had been eliminated and their reinforcements arrived. There's a tower above the gate into the town and it has no roof. Therefore it's impossible for the two forces to meet.
I had a screenshot but I can't find it. I'll take another one the next time I'm playing a siege at Loidis.
Are you sure it's Loidis?
Here is the town walls scene:
Reinforcements spawn inside the big barn building to the right.
If you mean the big square building in the middle then troops are spawning far from the spawn point. A screenshot would be nice.
Yeah, as I get near the tower it kinda 'falls apart' as half of it disappears. I'll look into my files to see if I can find the pic.

mesor said:
Ive got these message in my notes and im not seeing any of the the normal messages.

Script error on opcode 1652: Invalid party id: 4; line number: 141:
At script: Battle_political_consequences.
At script: Game_event_simulate_battle.

Also From time to time it makes me constantly draw/change weapon in a fight and i cant make it stop.

Sometimes both sides in a fight refuse to advance so i have to attack them directly alone and die to get the fight running.

And i own 17 acres of land in caiseal but as far as ive seen im drawing no income from them and the town does not even show on the financial report at all.
Does any1 know if this works or if i have to go to a specific person to collect the money?

For that, you have to go to the town with the lands you own and select the landlord/money lender option.

When you reach that screen you should receive the money and hear the sound of money magically appearing in your pockets.

I got that bit now :smile:.

The messages dosnt bother me very much.

But now i cant request leave.
Every time i try it goes to the screen but then i cant get back off of it again afterwards.

Okay, so right off the bat, while I was working in a village, I was captured by looters and carried away. Fine, hell of a way to start a game, but it happens. I finally escaped only to wind back in a battle screen with the usual options without ever having access to the overland map at all. 5 battles and losses later, the same damned screen is still up. That's a game breaker. I'm going to try to restart, because I hate spending an hour DL'ing something only to be stuck at the beginning.

Oh, and by the way, in the introductions and conversation threads, you might want to consider the proper use of the possessive "its." "It's" or "its'" does not mean "belonging to something"; they are contractions for "it is."

Bugs.

It's the looting system in MB that doesn't work realistically in general. Why the hell if I kill a big armored guy I can get only his gloves (if I'm lucky)?
And why, as I already asked before, I cannot keep what I grab during the battle? Won't you grab a sword and a shield from a dead body if you were armed with a little knife? Why would you throw them away?

The large amount of looting you may get as a freelancer is a good compensation IMHO, while the great amount of money you gain in looting dead bodies as a recruit may be more debatable. But, if we want more debate, it is debatable the whole mount and blade system in which you take a weekly pay from your leader. War was a service you owned to your lord, you already had a piece of the land under his rule. Or kind of.
If you get payed you are a mercenary so you are kind of professional. Freelancer is exactly like that :smile:

Again, saying that I get nothing as a recruit, why should I get nothing as an elite warrior, after I have upgraded?

The Duguth Engle have invisible shields; they con only be seen when they are very near to the player (or if you throw a spear into them)

Hi!

bugs.
Arena in locations like Licidelth(?) have a some problems with textures or models(I don't use a PL) - If you need SS, I send it, later

Mod is good, very good, but....
- battle maps are too small(probably, it was a forest map).Is it a half map from native? Now playing as a bowmen is crazy - 4 arrows and I must fight with heavy infantry.
- Mod options.Can I(if yes, tell me how) disable AI shield bash, and this "crazy falling" when walk backward - yes, its realistic, but...aaagrr, I defead a lot of battles, because I forgot about this
I need disable ONLY  this two options.Rest is great!Bleeding in battle...etc :grin:

Best!

PS.Sorry for my bad english...

I have invisible textures for banner shields and some battle map objects randomly disappear sometimes, like bridges and houses. This is all using the graphics mod

firstkill said:
Arena in locations like Licidelth(?) have a some problems with textures or models(I don't use a PL) - If you need SS, I send it, later
Same here with graphic mod.
mbwarband20120104123157.jpg

I've found three real bugs.  The issue people are having with Freelancer isn't really a bug, it's an opinion about content.  Freelancer in Brytenwalda allows the player to still obtain loot at the end of a battle, as with native.  The game engine recognizes you as a one-man party, and your lord's army is an ally.  In native Warband (and Mount & Blade), your party (even if it is only one man) always gets to select loot items at the end of a battle.  This is a Warband issue, not a bug.

The three real bugs:

1.  When you are enlisted with a lord, your avatar sometimes appears in halls, and the game seems to treat this avatar as a claimant (you can ask the king about yourself as if you were a rival claimant).  Someone above posted a fix to this problem, however.  Can he tell us which file needs to be modified?  Does this fix require the Warband mod system?

2.  Sometimes during battles, some kind of red text appears indicating an error.  However, the battle continues and the game doesn't crash.

3.  I can confirm that there is a problem with banners, regardless of the graphics pack.  Banners don't appear anywhere in the game except as wall decorations in your castle.  On shields which are supposed to have your personal banner (or indeed the personal banner of any lord which sometimes appears on a lord's shield or on the shields of his elite units) there is instead an invisible region.  When these shields are seen in menus available for sale, they appear invisible also, with the rim of the shield and handle visible but with the texture where the banner is supposed to appear invisible.  Furthermore, the presence of this invisible shield apparently causes the game to shuffle the locations of your companions.  Strange, that.  Banners which can be carried on battlefields also have this problem.  The banners with a wessex boar or other art work, but ones with your personal banner or a lord's personal banner appear invisible, as with shields.  I don't have the graphics pack installed and this error appears.

This may or may not be a bug, but there is another possible bug:  during naval battles, the sky often has an unearthly yellowish or greenish fog.  That has always been a feature of naval combat, and it isn't really a problem.  However, on returning to land after a naval battle, sometimes various scenes will continue to show this strange atmospheric phenomenon.  For instance, when it's foggy in a village scene, you'll still see the odd yellowish fog.  This usually disappears after a day or two, presumably as the weather changes back to sunny or cloudy conditions.  Then, when it gets foggy again, it's back to normal fog.

That's all I can find so far.  Nothing game-breaking, but I'd say the banner issue really needs to be fixed.  It looks odd seeing these elite guys running around with metal rims where their shield should be.

I did however report a bug where my Freelancer mod aspect of this mod refuses to let me keep the weapons I salvage on the field... Reinstalling Brytenwelda does not seem to fix this bug for me...

Paradoxis said:
I did however report a bug where my Freelancer mod aspect of this mod refuses to let me keep the weapons I salvage on the field... Reinstalling Brytenwelda does not seem to fix this bug for me...
Depending on how Idibil/Moto chose to incorporate it, they may not have intended that feature to be active. The code I had sent them of the largely (but not perfectly) bugfixed Freelancer included the keep weapons code, but it was commented out due to its ease of exploitation. Instead, the native loot system was reactivated. Though from comments above, it appears that the balance of that is not right quite yet, either.

firstkill said:
bugs.
1) Arena in locations like Licidelth(?) have a some problems with textures or models(I don't use a PL) - If you need SS, I send it, later

2) battle maps are too small(probably, it was a forest map).Is it a half map from native? Now playing as a bowmen is crazy - 4 arrows and I must fight with heavy infantry.
1) You're right. It looks like this, both with and without graphical add-on:
Idibil, do you know why this is? I did not change anything there. The scene prop is called 'arena_2' (can't find it in brf. files).

2) That's intentional. Battlefields with many trees are smaller to avoid lag (also in native).

A pretty big bug I found:

I went to rename my char and I got 29999 exp. Everytime I would try to rename myself I would go up a level, AND I couldn't rename myself.

I wanted to be Lord so and so instead of just so and so, so I would click my name and type Lo and Boom new level no new name.

royfang said:
Don't know if it's a bug, but sea traders seem to be unable to enter the coastal towns. They are stuck at the sea for my game.

That's just how they function I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom