Bug reports thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm quite certain I am... I know Chel fixed the Shamans, and that shows in my current game... Can you confirm that Fighting Monks have guaranteed armour in 0.95b?

I get a CTD with the following message : RGL ERROR "Unable to render target texture width = 4096 height 4096. Shadowmap quality will be reduced next time you start the game. "
no I don't get it with vanilla version.
Great mod btw!  :wink:

I was fighting some khergits, the bbattle was almost over, only 1 scourge was riding around. Then my archers shot down his horse and i got a message that he was killed but he was still charging on foot. There was no message when my archers killed him.

I have this problem, in the fight

Názov problémovej udalosti: APPCRASH
  Názov aplikácie: mount&blade.exe
  Verzia aplikácie: 0.7.3.0
  Časová pečiatka aplikácie: 490b190a
  Názov chybného modulu: Newton.dll
  Verzia chybného modulu: 0.0.0.0
  Časová pečiatka chybného modulu: 44753364
  Kód výnimky: c0000005
  Odsadenie výnimky: 00025388
  Verzia OS: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Identifikácia miestneho nastavenia: 1051
  Ďalšie informácie 1: 23c6
  Ďalšie informácie 2: af61951784ad0ae9f63c9b39b3774986
  Ďalšie informácie 3: e459
  Ďalšie informácie 4: 1d133942c4e64eda4a9b8bcc1af9919a

error message in slovak language

Not sure if i'm outdated or not reading something....
but the rhodok troop tree has a loop in it.
You go crossbowmen -> healer -> crossbowmen -> healer
and then healer -> spearman -> healer -> crossbowmen -> healer -> spearman ect
i was hoping to find heavy crossbowmen..
icon_neutral.gif

the loop with healers is done on purpose, so that when lords upgrade their troops they will not come to a dead-end with healers and accumulate too many of them.
Heavy crossbowmen for Rhodoks -- we'll see.

Chel said:
the loop with healers is done on purpose, so that when lords upgrade their troops they will not come to a dead-end with healers and accumulate too many of them.
Heavy crossbowmen for Rhodoks -- we'll see.

They should get heavy crossbowmen. The Rhodoks were supposed to have the best crossbowmen in the world, but now they're on par with the Swadians.

I get a recurring crash on startup at the "Loading Settings" portion of the init sequence. This is the error:

errs.png

To my recollection, the only thing I've changed in EGIII's installation was deleting the new world map textures (that new map water is REALLY reflective). I'll try again with a fresh install of EGIII and see if that fixes things. EGIII was running fine a few days back with the textures deleted, though, so I don't know what the deal is.

EDIT: Other mods start up and run fine. Downloading the new install now.

The APPCRASH is fixed when teh rag dols is set to "0". But i have a nother problem...the game with this mod crash sometimes when i save the game...have anybody this problem?

Chel said:
its like you guys are trying to crash the mod in as many ways as possible. come on!
I'm agreeing with Chel. It seems like everyone is setting their Battle size limit way too high and making the graphics at max expecting for no crash in EGIII. Then they complain about how this has never happened to them in a different mod. Well this is Expanded Gameplay III, and If you want no crashes, lower the battle size and decrease the graphics.

BocajacoB said:
Well this is Expanded Gameplay III, and If you want no crashes, lower the battle size and decrease the graphics.

All i need to do to avoid crashes was lower textures to 50%...no idea why... i still have 2GB ram free when i play...

Okay, i started my own kingdom and changed my culture to nords, but everytime i recruit a new lord their whole army is rhodoks. someone please help i dont want rhodoks i want nords!

Chel said:
its like you guys are trying to crash the mod in as many ways as possible. come on!

Well, hey, that's called good thorough beta testing. :wink:

Downloading a new install of EGIII fixed my issues, not sure what the heck was up there. I wasn't getting RGL's with the new-spawn-wave crashes, though, just plain errors; given the performance of other graphically intensive mods, I have a feeling that it's not hardware related.

Daeran said:
Then while I was fighting i noticed that my chest was flying near the middle of the battlefield.

I got that too. I wouldn't uselessly repost, but I'll just specify that this happened in the area between the mountains, between Rhodok and Swadian territory (between Etrosq and Praven, abouts)

EDIT: Actually just now occurred to me... it's the inventory chest, your "baggage". for some reason it seems Chel doesn't want us to get access to our inventory during battles. Well I suppose it's more realistic in ways. That or it's a bug, but anyhow that's what the chest is

BocajacoB said:
Chel said:
I'm agreeing with Chel. It seems like everyone is setting their Battle size limit way too high and making the graphics at max expecting for no crash in EGIII. Then they complain about how this has never happened to them in a different mod. Well this is Expanded Gameplay III, and If you want no crashes, lower the battle size and decrease the graphics.

I think the save game-crash cannot be fixed with lower graphic and battle limit...

But I like speed of slashing in this mod. I have never played a better mode. But a really uncrashing game was only on Native and Fury of Odin mod for me.

There are some invisible objects on the battlefield. The arrows hit them and stop without hitting the ground or enemy troops. Have you noticed that arrows get 'hanged' in the air pretty often?
I dont mind those invisible objects when they are ABOVE battlefield. But when they are near ground, enemy soldiers can stand behind them and be covered from arrows there.

Moreover, I noticed that sometimes arrows just dont hit enemies. No, I'm not talking about 0 damage. Damage system is okay. Sometimes arrows just go through enemy soldiers without hitting them. And I'm 100% sure that these shots were accurate. very often this happens at the siege battles.

Um I got this bug when the game only starts loading, like when it's loading INI. I get an RGL ERROR it says "unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf"
Is this fixable? If it helps to know I got all the graphics to minimal and reduced resolution, and put DX7 too. Even re-downloaded and re-extracted. Still same thing

kittowned said:
Um I got this bug when the game only starts loading, like when it's loading INI. I get an RGL ERROR it says "unable to open file: CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways.brf"
Is this fixable? If it helps to know I got all the graphics to minimal and reduced resolution, and put DX7 too. Even re-downloaded and re-extracted. Still same thing

try re-extracting the archive (and maybe redownloading)

Chel said:
kittowned said:

try re-extracting the archive (and maybe redownloading)

I did before, and I did right now. Still gives the same error |:

Back
Top Bottom