Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Users who are viewing this thread

monnikje

Master Knight
Bugs and known issues

Here is a special topic for bug reports on the Basic, Gameplay and Expanded version of 2.54, for Warband v1.153. Please specify in your post which version you used. Also, if your problem is at all related to a troop (equipment, appearance, etc) please indicate which troop tree you've selected.

Before you post, you'd better read the FAQ, because sometimes the errors you get can be solved by solutions posted over there. Furthermore, if you're having trouble/crashes, you can also ask for help at Support.

KNOWN ISSUES
[*]On the Floris Mod Wikia
[*]Scene tracker

Throwing Dirks and Throwing bollock daggers are now proper throwing weapons but don't have a throwing speed causing you to throw them in super slowmotion
Expanded 2.54

Gameplay 2.54 patched over 2.53
Pressing Backspace in battle to bring up the minimap shows a background that hides the battle.

I have to press escape to bring up the menu and close it to see the battle again.
mb1ln.jpg

Sorry, we missed that one folks.  Looks like the new background was inserted in one too many places.

Due to the nature of that bug we'll be creating a quick fix version to repair it so now is a great time to hunt for as many bugs as possible to also include into the 2.55 fix.

I'm playing the Expanded version of 2.54.

I purchased land in Praven through the landlord/moneylender system, then later sold the land. However, I continue to receive income at Praven every 2 weeks in the same amount that I received it before selling, despite having sold the land and owning 0 acres there.

Awesome mod by the way, I really love it! :smile:

Were you actually able to pick up this money or i.e. is it part of the assets or is it shown under balance?

I dont understand the distribution of the new archery equipment. For instance h5 vaegir posadnik has a bow that does 44 damage, 85 accuracy, 52 speed and 27 +14 arrows while h6 vaegir voevoda which is the higher tier of the same unit has a bow that does 31 damage, 90 accuracy, 61 speed, 29 arrows with +12 damage.

h6 sarranid sipahi has a bow that does 35 damage, 85 accuracy, 58 speed, 24 arrows +16 vs sarranid h7 iqta'dar with 33 damage, 85 accuracy, 54 speed, 24 +16 arrows.

Khergit numici a5 has a bow that does 42 damage, 90 accuracy, 50 speed, 24 arrows +9 while a6 khergit kharvaash has a bow that does 34 damage, 90 accuracy, 54 speed, 27 arrows +10.

I see there are some differences such as more arrows on one side while other has more powerful bows, but take the saranid example: exactly the same bows as far as i can see, but for the fact that the bow of the higher tier does 2 less damage, same number of arrows etc. Only difference is that the higher bow has 1 higher power draw. I am wondering if there is a system to this method that i am not seeing that someone could explain to me or if something is wrong? :smile:

Ive also noticed that many units have too high powerdraw for the bow they are using essentially making them seem more powerful than they are. This seems to be somewhat strange, why give a unit a high skill that he cannot use.

Malanthor said:
Ive also noticed that many units have too high powerdraw for the bow they are using essentially making them seem more powerful than they are. This seems to be somewhat strange, why give a unit a high skill that he cannot use.
What do you mean by too high?  Are you seeing units with a power draw level more than 3 levels above their bow's requirement?

Yes thats what i meant. Seen plenty of examples of that, like vaegir voevoda to make an example with pd of 8 and a bow with pd req of 3. I think its mostly limited to 1 above though.
It is bow requirement +4 right? ive always thought that. so with a bow that is 3 you only get benefit from 7 or lower pd?

Also in the city of tihr there is a floating kinda large rock situated just abouth where the ladders up are when you attack the castle in siege.

By the way i thought persuasion was supposed to be cha based its int based however.

Also il just toss this in here, how abouth making stacking trainers not that efficient, like 100%, 66%, 33% on the rest or something, its too easy to train up a bunch of high tier units right now.

Hi! Thanks for the great mod!
Now there is a possible bug in the freelancer troop tree. When I was looking into the A4 Freelancer Archer equipment I noticed he had bolts +10, yet I couldn't find a crossbow. Should it be there?

And one more request. Could you please post some notes about the new archery system? I see many bows that have some great damage, good speed and accuracy and are cheap with pd requirement 1 or 2 (many Swadian bowsare like that), and vice verse, some bows (esp Khergit and Vaegir ones) are very slow, have acc. 85, moderate damage but require pd above 4 and cost a lot.
As far as I know Khergit and Vaegir bows should be superior to those of Swadia and Nords, But now they seem to be much worse, yet much more expensive and hard-to-use.

When I try to enter any tournament, my mount and blade Shutdown and the message "your mount blade has stopped working" can someone help me to solve, I'm playing the expanded version.

My game crashes if I try to enter a tavern.

I'm using the full pack with native animations, everything else seems fine. I'm going to reboot the game and experiment a bit more and get you some more feedback. Happened in two different Swadian taverns atm. At first I figured it was just praven tavern due to too many companions, well, I've confirmed that aint it.

It also happens in veluca, owned by the rhodoks atm. I don't get any specific error, just that the game has stopped working.

Can anyone else check to see about this? Any ideas what might be causing it? Obviously this is rather negative as I was looking forward to playing today :razz:

Yeah it just happened in the arena as well, first time I try to enter I crash. I think there's probably something wrong with the scenes, as long as I just use menus it's fine. A battle scene (at a random field) worked just fine though.

Edit: Answered here. - Windyplains

i get graphical glitches on all the troops etc

ie, on the menu screens that show a person they are transparent with a blueinsh tint. Same with all troops in garrison etc (any person you see of click on a menu screen)

also all shadows are blue?

i updated my 2.53 folder to 2.54 and i have a gtx 680 if that helps.

Windyplains said:
Sorry, we missed that one folks.  Looks like the new background was inserted in one too many places.

Due to the nature of that bug we'll be creating a quick fix version to repair it so now is a great time to hunt for as many bugs as possible to also include into the 2.55 fix.
Do you have an eta on that fix?  Hours, days, weeks?

I had the same issue with 2.53: When I try to open the trade ledger (I began as a trader), there is a background appearing for less than 0.5 seconds and disappearing. So I can't use at all the trade ledger.

Back
Top Bottom