2) Level Inventory Management skill 2 up to 3, extend inventory 6 more
3) Put 6 items into the bottom of inventory
4) Talk to a regular soldier to see his equipment through party UI
5) The 6 items in the bottom of inventory disappear
----------------------------------------------------------------------
6) Level Inventory Management skill 2 up to 5, extend inventory 18 more
7) repeat (3) and (4), The 18 items in the bottom of inventory disappear
:cool: The bug will not happen if I talk to companions instead regular soldiers to see their equipment

Mtwh said:
Bug Title : Inventory Items Disappear
Version : 2.52 (2018/8/:cool:
Description :
1) I start a new game with Inventory Management skill 2
:cool: The bug will not happen if I talk to companions instead regular soldiers to see their equipment

This is a new one.  I have not personally seen this bug before and it hasn't been reported before.  I haven't made any changes to this aspect of the code.  Did you make any changes to the mod?  Which version of Warband are you using? 

Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Description :

This is a new one.  I have not personally seen this bug before and it hasn't been reported before.  I haven't made any changes to this aspect of the code.  Did you make any changes to the mod?  Which version of Warband are you using?

Warband V1.173
and I only change the battle_size to 2.0000 (rgl_config.txt).

Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Description :

Warband V1.173

Is there anything else strange with that save-game?  I am wondering if the save is corrupt.

Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Description :

Warband V1.173

Is there anything else strange with that save-game?  I am wondering if the save is corrupt.

I do not know if my save is corrupt. But on my day 430,everything is alright except demolish my outpost.
After demolishing the outpost before enlist a patrol, my whole party will vanish from the map,but if I enlist a patrol before demolishing,then I will be fine.
------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone have the same bug of items disappear?

I have not had anyone report on the missing items from inventory and have searched through the forums here to see what might be causing it. 

The outpost kit is buggy- demolishing the outpost can cause problems.  I am testing a fix for this now.  My advice would be to not demolish the outpost.

Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Description :

Warband V1.173

I do not know if my save is corrupt. But on my day 430,everything is alright except demolish my outpost.
After demolishing the outpost before enlist a patrol, my whole party will vanish from the map,but if I enlist a patrol before demolishing,then I will be fine.

I found this link on the Diplomacy for WB 1.172 board regarding the bug.  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324014.msg8867414.html#msg8867414

The person found out what was causing his problem: "I`ve found what causes the trouble with dissapearing items. It happens when you are talking with your regular troops (not companions) and then trying to put something from their inventory to yours. The last six items from the bottom of your inventory will disapear."

Is this what is happening in your game?  If so, then problem is solved- the look at regular troops equipment is only to look but not to add to like you might with a companion.  Let me know if this is the case with your game.

Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Redleg said:
Mtwh said:
Description :

Warband V1.173

I found this link on the Diplomacy for WB 1.172 board regarding the bug.  https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,324014.msg8867414.html#msg8867414

The person found out what was causing his problem: "I`ve found what causes the trouble with dissapearing items. It happens when you are talking with your regular troops (not companions) and then trying to put something from their inventory to yours. The last six items from the bottom of your inventory will disapear."

Is this what is happening in your game?  If so, then problem is solved- the look at regular troops equipment is only to look but not to add to like you might with a companion.  Let me know if this is the case with your game.

Yes, you are right,  I once tried to put their gears into mine. I think that cause game save corrupt. Thanks~

It probably didn't damage your save-game if you have noticed nothing else wrong.  The most common indicators of corrupted save-games seem to be the character's face changing to a goofy, bald face and other characters changing as well.

Not sure if this is a bug. ...

The Vagier scout archer has a power draw of 4 and a power throw of 5. But it has no throwing skill at all and no throwing weapons.

Doesn't make sense.

Mars_Mullo said:
Not sure if this is a bug. ...

The Vagier scout archer has a power draw of 4 and a power throw of 5. But it has no throwing skill at all and no throwing weapons.

Doesn't make sense.

Not a bug really.  I think that I initially wanted the scouts to be throwing experts but at one point decided to make them archers or crossbowmen, depending on faction.  I never reduced their power throw proficiencies.  They still work as archers, right?

Yeah. Sure they work fine. I suppose I look at it from the point of view that that those points are paid for from a finite pool of points for thier xp. But that's not the case is it? That's something wargames are just so used to now days. .. there is no such thing as a free buff.
Being scouts should some of those points perhaps go into pathing and spotting to allow the party to hunt down enemies better?

Mars_Mullo said:
Yeah. Sure they work fine. I suppose I look at it from the point of view that that those points are paid for from a finite pool of points for thier xp. But that's not the case is it? That's something wargames are just so used to now days. .. there is no such thing as a free buff.
Being scouts should some of those points perhaps go into pathing and spotting to allow the party to hunt down enemies better?

You are correct that there is not a finite pool of points available.  At game start the engine assigns remaining points quasi-randomly (as I understand it), which can cause large variations between two types of infantry troops at the same level if there are many points left over.  I like to assign a few additional points to something like inventory so that there will be fewer points to randomly assigned and therefore less variation across troops at the same level (except where intended by pre-determined skills and proficiencies).

I don't remember exactly what I was thinking when I assigned the extra points to power throw for the scouts.  It doesn't affect their performance as archers so should make much of a difference.

I had thought about making the scouts into a type of troop like the spies in Brytenwalda, who can be sent on their own mission to skirmish other forces and do other things.  I just haven't gotten around to coding that stuff in yet.

In my current game I own Nelag castle and Hanun village.

Because I fully upgraded it, the village has a manor.
Manor troops of course a scout archers.

Because Duxbury Farnsworth is an ass he attempts to raid Hanun constantly.

I have two patrols. One kergit horse... the other a standard large patrol but I add manor troops to it.

Anything that could allow them to patrol better would be great.

How come some lords never ever get captured?

Mars_Mullo said:
In my current game I own Nelag castle and Hanun village.

Because I fully upgraded it, the village has a manor.
Manor troops of course a scout archers.

Because Duxbury Farnsworth is an ass he attempts to raid Hanun constantly.

I have two patrols. One kergit horse... the other a standard large patrol but I add manor troops to it.

Anything that could allow them to patrol better would be great.

How come some lords never ever get captured?

My advice is to enlist the patrol and then add as many mounted troops or high-end infantry troops as the patrol will handle.  I don't recall the limit for troops but I know that I have had patrols with over 150 troops.

I did modify the coding to make it less easy for lords to escape when they lose combat but I did not change any other aspect of that function.  All lords should be subject to the same rules and random chances.

I know what you mean when one particular lord or the same few lords seems to target my lands over and over again.  It gets frustrating.  The only solution I have for this is to make them pay for it every time it happens.  I usually go and pillage their village after they do mine.  Or I go and defeat their troops and keep doing so every  time I encounter them so that they stay weak relative to my patrol.

Hi. Great Mod.

One issue i am having. I am Nord currently but it doesnt matter the faction. Even though i set my Domestic Policy Faction to Nord.. I can ONLY recruit Swadian Professional Soldiers. Ive tried other factions and Swadian is the only option. Is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Skorpion1974 said:
Hi. Great Mod.

One issue i am having. I am Nord currently but it doesnt matter the faction. Even though i set my Domestic Policy Faction to Nord.. I can ONLY recruit Swadian Professional Soldiers. Ive tried other factions and Swadian is the only option. Is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.  Have you asked your chancellor to change your kingdom's culture? 

Just added: I checked this out in one of my savegames where I was king after being a Swadian lord.  The default culture for the player's faction is set to be Swadian.  When I became King and my castle guards and other inside castle guards remained Swadian (as expected).  The Professional troops from towns/castles were Swadian (as expected).

I changed my kingdom culture with the chancellor to Kelton.  This changed the interior castle guards to Kelton but left the other outside guards as Swadian.  The professional troops for hire in towns/castles remained Swadian. 

I can see from the Diplomacy coding that there is a function to change the interior castle guards to the player's new culture but not to change the other guards.  I will also need to modify my professionals recruitment code to take into account the player's kingdom culture.  More work to do for version 3!

Redleg said:
Skorpion1974 said:
Hi. Great Mod.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.  Have you asked your chancellor to change your kingdom's culture? 

Just added: I checked this out in one of my savegames where I was king after being a Swadian lord.  The default culture for the player's faction is set to be Swadian.  When I became King and my castle guards and other inside castle guards remained Swadian (as expected).  The Professional troops from towns/castles were Swadian (as expected).

I changed my kingdom culture with the chancellor to Kelton.  This changed the interior castle guards to Kelton but left the other outside guards as Swadian.  The professional troops for hire in towns/castles remained Swadian. 

I can see from the Diplomacy coding that there is a function to change the interior castle guards to the player's new culture but not to change the other guards.  I will also need to modify my professionals recruitment code to take into account the player's kingdom culture.  More work to do for version 3!

Great Job finding that one. I am glad i got to help find this little bug. Cant wait for Version 3!

Skorpion1974 said:
Redleg said:
Skorpion1974 said:
Hi. Great Mod.

Thanks!

Great Job finding that one. I am glad i got to help find this little bug. Cant wait for Version 3!

I am glad you let me know about it.  I have spent little time playing as a king so it is good to get information from those who have.

Back
Top Bottom