Bug Reports for Version 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

minokz said:
Redleg said:
minokz said:
cannot use it whlie mounted.
I changed the flags to make it a two-handed polearm instead of just two-handed weapon.  This way troops equipped with this will always come equipped with a shield instead of only sometimes having a shield.  For some reason, Warband doesn't always force a shield when the troop is equipped with two-hander, even when the guarantee shield flag is selected.

it have no "cannot use it on horseback" description, but cannot do any swing/thrust action while on horseback.

I will check into this.  Thanks for the info.

UPDATE: I have checked into this and found that the itc was set to poleaxe instead of to staff.  I have reset to staff so it should work better now.  You should be able to make the changes using Morgh's editor.  I will include the changes in the next patch.

I have found the bug with the Rhodok Rangeman face and will include the fix in the second patch.  In looking at the Rhodok Rangeman I noticed that my coding snafu messed up the Rangeman's crossbow proficiency.  This will be addressed in the patch as well but won't show up until you start a new game.

So after playing this for a little bit, I noticed a pretty big issue with troops. They suffer from the native issue of when a unit has a polearm and a one handed weapon, and they can't stop swapping between the two which ends up getting them killed. I've been playing with some new 1.171 features, and this seems to fix them. If you use the tf_guarantee_polearm flag for all polearm users that have a sidearm, and put consider_weapon_length_for_weapon_quality = 1 in the module.ini, then the AI should favor their spears before other weapons and keep using them unless commanded otherwise. They seem to choose what weapon to use based on stats (mainly reach), so you have to give them rather short sidearms in order to force them to stick to their polearms. I think this is all they use in Viking Conquest and it works there.
Also spear weapons use the regular overhead rather than stabbing when two handed.

Hoboistice said:
So after playing this for a little bit, I noticed a pretty big issue with troops. They suffer from the native issue of when a unit has a polearm and a one handed weapon, and they can't stop swapping between the two which ends up getting them killed. I've been playing with some new 1.171 features, and this seems to fix them. If you use the tf_guarantee_polearm flag for all polearm users that have a sidearm, and put consider_weapon_length_for_weapon_quality = 1 in the module.ini, then the AI should favor their spears before other weapons and keep using them unless commanded otherwise. They seem to choose what weapon to use based on stats (mainly reach), so you have to give them rather short sidearms in order to force them to stick to their polearms. I think this is all they use in Viking Conquest and it works there.
Also spear weapons use the regular overhead rather than stabbing when two handed.

Thank you for the comments.  I have noticed the back-and-forth weapons switching but only for friendly AI troops that are fighting on my own side.  I haven't seen this to the same extent for my own troops.

I am aware of the WB 1.171 pole-arm aspect and intend to utilize this for my next non-save-game compatibly update.  The information you provided about the module.ini settings should be helpful.  Most of the common troops having pole-arms do have relatively short weapons so that shouldn't be an issue once I have gone to the new module system. 

Do you know if I can simply use the 1.171 headers with my current module files or will I need to manually copy and past all my unique module changes to the 1.171 module files?  I know that I will need to add the guarantee_polearm flag to the troops files.

Redleg said:
Thank you for the comments.  I have noticed the back-and-forth weapons switching but only for friendly AI troops that are fighting on my own side.  I haven't seen this to the same extent for my own troops.

I am aware of the WB 1.171 pole-arm aspect and intend to utilize this for my next non-save-game compatibly update.  The information you provided about the module.ini settings should be helpful.  Most of the common troops having pole-arms do have relatively short weapons so that shouldn't be an issue once I have gone to the new module system. 

Do you know if I can simply use the 1.171 headers with my current module files or will I need to manually copy and past all my unique module changes to the 1.171 module files?  I know that I will need to add the guarantee_polearm flag to the troops files.

You should just be able to copy paste the new headers to yours, or you could merge them with some kind of comparison tool like winmerge if you have custom defined things in some of your headers that you use.
I'm planning on playing around more with troop flags today, trying to figure out what makes the AI prefer the spear over their sidearm. With that .ini setting they favor the spear more due to reach, though the damage of the weapons is important.

You should just be able to copy paste the new headers to yours, or you could merge them with some kind of comparison tool like winmerge if you have custom defined things in some of your headers that you use.
I'm planning on playing around more with troop flags today, trying to figure out what makes the AI prefer the spear over their sidearm. With that .ini setting they favor the spear more due to reach, though the damage of the weapons is important.

I will try to copy the new headers into my own header files and see if that works.

Thanks again.  Also, thanks for the earlier work you did on two-direction spear attack.  I have used it in this mod with a few minor modifications.

I tried this out and it seems to work.  There was no rapid back-and-forth weapons switching occurring.  I did notice that the Vaegir pikemen were armed with their pikes when besieging a castle and they preferred to stick with that weapon instead of their side-arm (an axe).

I will need to play some more and more closely observe the behavior.  I do want the troops to use their side-arms when closely surrounded by enemies when their longer polearm will not be effective.

In your testing, let me know if you gain any insight into when the troops will switch weapons- what are conditions that cause weapons switching?

Redleg said:
I tried this out and it seems to work.  There was no rapid back-and-forth weapons switching occurring.  I did notice that the Vaegir pikemen were armed with their pikes when besieging a castle and they preferred to stick with that weapon instead of their side-arm (an axe).

I will need to play some more and more closely observe the behavior.  I do want the troops to use their side-arms when closely surrounded by enemies when their longer polearm will not be effective.

In your testing, let me know if you gain any insight into when the troops will switch weapons- what are conditions that cause weapons switching?

It seems like you'll either get the native weapon switching issue or have them only stick with one weapon, between the two the latter is preferred. There are weapon commands in this mod though, so at least for the player it should alleviate some of the problems. As far as testing goes with the new guarantee_polearm flag, the AI picks the weapon based on reach, damage, and speed. The handy thing I've noticed is that you could potentially give spearmen blunt weapons and use the only use blunt weapons command if you want them to swap from polearms to sidearms. Mods where spearmen are successful (such as 1257AD and Viking Conquest) have weapon breaking systems, so the spears will eventually break (very quickly in 1257AD) and they'll have to swap to their sidearm.

It seems like you'll either get the native weapon switching issue or have them only stick with one weapon, between the two the latter is preferred. There are weapon commands in this mod though, so at least for the player it should alleviate some of the problems. As far as testing goes with the new guarantee_polearm flag, the AI picks the weapon based on reach, damage, and speed. The handy thing I've noticed is that you could potentially give spearmen blunt weapons and use the only use blunt weapons command if you want them to swap from polearms to sidearms. Mods where spearmen are successful (such as 1257AD and Viking Conquest) have weapon breaking systems, so the spears will eventually break (very quickly in 1257AD) and they'll have to swap to their sidearm.

Yes, that is a good point about PBOD permitting more control over weapons choice.  I might also look into the weapons breaking code of VC.

Let me know if you have any other observations, comments, or suggestions about the mod.  I am preparing the next small patch for release in the near future.

Redleg said:
Let me know if you have any other observations, comments, or suggestions about the mod.  I am preparing the next small patch for release in the near future.
Just that you need to take overswing_polearm off all the spears so they use the proper animation, you could just define a custom itc_ flag in the item header for spears and use that instead of the itc_ flag they use right now, I've got a couple examples in my guide. Due to spears doing decent damage in your mod you should be able to use a good variety of sidearms.
I'd consider giving them maces instead of axes for the potential versatility.

Hoboistice said:
Redleg said:
Just that you need to take overswing_polearm off all the spears so they use the proper animation, you could just define a custom itc_ flag in the item header for spears and use that instead of the itc_ flag they use right now, I've got a couple examples in my guide. Due to spears doing decent damage in your mod you should be able to use a good variety of sidearms.
I'd consider giving them maces instead of axes for the potential versatility.

I just saw that you have updated your spear animations post this June.  I was using an older version of your tutorial.  I will try out the new settings.  Thanks again.

A bug with the outpost kit i have found is:

I have a messenger post being built and is now permanently stuck on being ready to complete in 1 days time.

Havn't found any work around.

Any tips to fix greatly welcomed  :grin:

Mars_Mullo said:
A bug with the outpost kit i have found is:

I have a messenger post being built and is now permanently stuck on being ready to complete in 1 days time.

Havn't found any work around.

Any tips to fix greatly welcomed  :grin:

This has been reported for this mod and also for some other mods using the kit.  I haven't had a chance to check into what is causing the bug.  My advice would be to not use that option until I can do something about it.  Thank you for reminding me about it!

Sir Constantine said:
Mines have free garrison for player troops, i have there now 93 troops without any cost.  :shock:
Ty for Good mod! keep going and happy summer!  :grin:

I didn't know that.  I do know that the original scripter wrote is a revised version of the script that includes prisoner escapes and the ability to station guards at the mine to reduce escapes.

I had prisoners there for about 2 weeks before i noticed i need to put guards there but then i had brainfart and noticed that i don`t need any because non had disappeared/escaped.
After that i noticed they don`t cost anything to keep there.

could be something on my end because do mod mods always littlebit but nothing on that what i know of.
(not native english, and i`m bad writer in my native language too.) :ohdear:

Typo at Musican instead of Musician (At Tavern)
Can't do Wait Until Tommorow when its already morning (At Siege)

Found this error after enemiescaptured me while being enlisted to a lord
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2204 : Invalid Party ID;281 LINE NO: 38:
At script: freelancer_event_player_captured.
New quest taken: Enlisted: Captured.
Quest log has been updated...

And there is this thing where I can increase my relation to a lord repeatedly by asking for a leave then go back again then ask for a leave the go back again...

PiongTV said:
Typo at Musican instead of Musician (At Tavern)
Can't do Wait Until Tommorow when its already morning (At Siege)

I was aware of the "musican" spelling.  That's how it was spelled in the original script and I never changed it.

I will check into the siege thing.  I haven't had this happen before.

Which version of Warband are you using?

PiongTV said:
Found this error after enemiescaptured me while being enlisted to a lord
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2204 : Invalid Party ID;281 LINE NO: 38:
New quest taken: Enlisted: Captured.
Quest log has been updated...

And there is this thing where I can increase my relation to a lord repeatedly by asking for a leave then go back again then ask for a leave the go back again...

I will check into the Freelancer-related error.  It looks like it did give you a new quest, so that part of the script seemed to work.

I am not the author of the Freelancer codes.  I have made several modifications to them but the modifications should not have produced the error or the "cheat" that you discovered.

I appreciate you posting these here.  I hope you are enjoying the mod.  Let me know if you encounter any other issue.

Back
Top Bottom