Bug Reports for Version 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Please use this thread to list the bugs you find in Version 2.5.

Known bugs for Ver. 2.5:
* Black Khergit Lair does not work- (I have fixed this and will release with first patch)
* One banner shows up as a different banner- (I have fixed this for the first patch)
* Opcode error after raiding village- (I am working on a fix for this- it does not appear to be a serious bug and does not seem to affect game play.  This appears to be a bug from Diplomacy 4.2)
* Bugs with Outpost Kit- (I am working on a fix for this- this code was written by Lumos and other modders).

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are having issues with crashes during game-play, you might want to replace the mod's particle_systems.txt file with the one from Native Warband. 

I made some changes to the particle systems that seem to be causing problems for certain PCs, including my own.  I made the changes just prior to release and didn't have any issues with it at first but now do.  The native particle_systems.txt file seems to fix the problems.
 

Sarin

Master Knight
A little bit about item names...it's nothing big, worth attention only in spare time.

There's at least one typo (Halbard), one case of wrong capitalization (Swadian bill), but rather more pronounced are some item names where adjective follows the main noun, for example Northerner Horse Black, which should be Black Northerner Horse.

Another thingie are items that have number or something else to distinguish between various versions. It's rather crude, and could be worth polishing...for example there is Hewing Spear, Hewing Spear 2 and Hewing Spear 3. It would be much better as Short Hewing Spear, Hewing Spear and Long Hewing Spear (they have different lengths in game).

Now onto real bugs...Hewing Spear 3 can't stab from horseback. It's a spear so...kinda weird. It can only slash. On foot, it can do both.

And Kelton shields have set size 180. That's way too big, no other shield in game is even close to that, and it doesn't fit the model ingame. It should probably be 72x105 like infantry kite shields.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
@ Sarin

Thanks for the feedback.  I had intended to change some of the item names but never did get around to it.

I will check into the hewing spear you mentioned.  They are intended as two-handed weapons and I thought that I had all of them designated the same way.  Good catch.

As for the Kelton Shields, I think I used the default size for the Norman shields.  I will definitely consider your suggestion about proper shield size.  By the way, the infantry kite shields are sized 70 X 36 in the module_items.py.

The nice thing is that those changes will be save-game compatible!
 

John the Roleplayer

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
When exiting the loot options after a battle, no matter if by picking up automatically or by leaving the loot, the game sometimes crashes with runtime error. I'm currently at a battle, where it has happened again after reloading.

Otherwise a really great mod.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
John C said:
When exiting the loot options after a battle, no matter if by picking up automatically or by leaving the loot, the game sometimes crashes with runtime error. I'm currently at a battle, where it has happened again after reloading.

Otherwise a really great mod.

This is a strange occurrence that has not been reported before.  I haven't made any changes to the looting codes so I am at loss for what might be causing it.  Is there an opcode error showing in the Warband rgl_log.txt file?  If so, what is the code?
 

John the Roleplayer

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Redleg said:
John C said:
When exiting the loot options after a battle, no matter if by picking up automatically or by leaving the loot, the game sometimes crashes with runtime error. I'm currently at a battle, where it has happened again after reloading.

Otherwise a really great mod.

This is a strange occurrence that has not been reported before.  I haven't made any changes to the looting codes so I am at loss for what might be causing it.  Is there an opcode error showing in the Warband rgl_log.txt file?  If so, what is the code?

You've already helped a lot. The end of the rgl_log said "Error on creating shaders: Out of video memory!". So I tried it again with lowered settings and it worked. But I have to say, with a GeForce GTX 970 I've never had any problems playing Warband on highest settings, including mods.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
John C said:
Redleg said:
John C said:
When exiting the loot options after a battle, no matter if by picking up automatically or by leaving the loot, the game sometimes crashes with runtime error. I'm currently at a battle, where it has happened again after reloading.

Otherwise a really great mod.

This is a strange occurrence that has not been reported before.  I haven't made any changes to the looting codes so I am at loss for what might be causing it.  Is there an opcode error showing in the Warband rgl_log.txt file?  If so, what is the code?

You've already helped a lot. The end of the rgl_log said "Error on creating shaders: Out of video memory!". So I tried it again with lowered settings and it worked. But I have to say, with a GeForce GTX 970 I've never had any problems playing Warband on highest settings, including mods.

Thanks for the info.  I am glad you were able to figure it out.  The mod has a lot of resources and textures and that may have contributed to your problem.
 

Cyprian2

Recruit
Redleg said:
Known bugs for Ver. 2.5:
* Black Khergit Lair does not work- (I have fixed this and will release with first patch)

This, sir, is an understatement. Attacking that Black Khergit hideout was the most surreal experience of my character's life! And he *still* managed to win the battle!

Just wanted to say that.  :razz:

I am loving this mod!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Cyprian2 said:
Redleg said:
Known bugs for Ver. 2.5:
* Black Khergit Lair does not work- (I have fixed this and will release with first patch)

This, sir, is an understatement. Attacking that Black Khergit hideout was the most surreal experience of my character's life! And he *still* managed to win the battle!

Just wanted to say that.  :razz:

I am loving this mod!

I am glad you made it out alive!  Thanks for the support.  The patch fixing that problem will be posted soon.
 

minokz

Sergeant
pPiiHe8.png

same old mail but seems have some bug while female wear it.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
minokz said:
pPiiHe8.png

same old mail but seems have some bug while female wear it.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I will check the BRF to see if everything is set properly.  It is possible that there isn't a female mesh for this one.  I haven't seen this before so I can't be sure until I look at the BRF.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
minokz said:
please talk to rhodok rangeman.

I have checked into the Rhodok face thing and can't find any issues with the face coding in troops.py (I am using Native values for Rhodok faces).  I have 6 different save-games for this version and 2 of these have the goofy face for a Rhodok troop, but not always for the same troop.  In one instance it is the Rangeman, in another it's the medium spearman.

Either this is a Native glitch or I will have to dive more deeply into the source files.  If anyone has any insight into this, please let me know.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
minokz said:
L1ZVXjz.png


cannot use it whlie mounted.

I changed the flags to make it a two-handed polearm instead of just two-handed weapon.  This way troops equipped with this will always come equipped with a shield instead of only sometimes having a shield.  For some reason, Warband doesn't always force a shield when the troop is equipped with two-hander, even when the guarantee shield flag is selected.
 

minokz

Sergeant
Redleg said:
minokz said:
cannot use it whlie mounted.
I changed the flags to make it a two-handed polearm instead of just two-handed weapon.  This way troops equipped with this will always come equipped with a shield instead of only sometimes having a shield.  For some reason, Warband doesn't always force a shield when the troop is equipped with two-hander, even when the guarantee shield flag is selected.

it have no "cannot use it on horseback" description, but cannot do any swing/thrust action while on horseback.

 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
minokz said:
qqxUkcE.png


both power throw are 0.

I am aware of this and will include a fix in patch 2.  The fix for the power throw will only show up in a new game though.
 
Top Bottom