Bug Reports / Fixes

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, whenever I join a server, I start downloading server information or whatever its called again like when an admin change a map and you have to download the map. It happens all the time without stop, It downloads like 800 kb or whatever then when the game is about to start, it starts downloading another map or something :sad:

Mercenary. said:
Why did the developer remove QWW's moderator rights?
+1
BTW: The New England map on the EU server is not downloading :sad: I had no problems with the Colonization map, and I can download the Frontier map on NA.
Can someone upload the New England files so I can play?

Humlenerd said:
Mercenary. said:
Why did the developer remove QWW's moderator rights?
+1
BTW: The New England map on the EU server is not downloading :sad: I had no problems with the Colonization map, and I can download the Frontier map on NA.
Can someone upload the New England files so I can play?

i have the same problem mate, the problem is noone knows how to fix it.

So yeah I played PF earlier and Decided to show some screenshots ... and I did turn off Load textures on demand

mb17_zps5591da68.jpg
mb16_zps158e96e1.jpg
mb14_zps7a98d42b.jpg
mb10_zps316a4232.jpg
mb12_zps0488fb22.jpg
mb15_zps155c1702.jpg
mb8_zpsfb0ea161.jpg
mb9_zps614363b2.jpg
mb11_zpsddf137b4.jpg

seems that we found the source of the UV sheet glitch and possibly the CTD.

We have hundreds of materials that are not being used and many materials that are being used 2 or 3 times.

We also have 150mb worth of textures that are the incorrect resolution.

Hopefully these cleanups will fix a lot of issues

Your answer is there.

Every time I join the NA server, after about a minute or less the game crashes on me. It just stops responding.

I've got the same problems.tried directx 7 and 9 but textures in demand even dont makes my game open it makes game crash any help?

My friend got a problem with the new patch , he couldn't get in server with map2 or 5 where there are lots of trees ,he keeps getting runtime errors when log in the server, he was able to play the MOD with DX7 during beta2.

Me personally has no problem getting in there ,as my specs of the computer is somewhat better than his  .I got 8G ram where he only has 2G 

Also about the LOD of trees, I don't see the whole tree but part of it in the long range with the new LOD , so how will the ambush work if I can see everything clearly behind the trees in long distance with the new LOD 

and it seems like the old idle stance with musket was changed  it used to look good when infantry line up and ready to march

Austro said:
This patch was mostly designed to optimize the mod and fix many of the graphical errors which were occurring. We have managed to half the size of the mod and have added some new features as well as remove the server limiter. Please note that we are aware some things need to still be cleaned up such as manual LOD's however this patch was needed and that we may release server and client hot fixes to counter these issues.

I will add the standing animation to my checklist.

Is there anyone here that has tried the Frontier map on BETA3 with computer of relatively low specs.
I got up a server with the Classic Frontier map on BETA3 , almost half of the players that tried to get in  crashed upon joining the server. And those who can't log in happen to not have a good computer ,mostly they use DX7 and had turned down all the effects. And some of them did confirm they were able to play this map on beta2. So I guess there might be some problems with the new patch.

So right now I can only host a server with the new spain map where there arent so many trees as the Frontier.

After the Map changes of eu server now map is "Blank  Scene 2" and when I try to join it gives a runtime error.Any idea why?

alsasloren said:
After the Map changes of eu server now map is "Blank  Scene 2" and when I try to join it gives a runtime error.Any idea why?

I've the same problem, I'm currently making tests on the test server.
As soon as the problem is solved, I post it here.

I have the same "microsoft visual c error" kpetschulat  had. I tried turning "load textures on demand" on/off, using dx7, redownloading and nothing helped. Is there anythign else i can do? It happens right after downloading the map.

Back
Top Bottom