Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

When i edit "Blank Scene 8" (Valley Of Swamps changed version) i cant join server scene type "Blank Scene 8" and probably valley of swamps when i press connect warband has stopped working.

Fix.

Hi there. I'm new to PW and enjoying it very much. The problem I have is that I tried to log in one day and the map won't stop downloading. It's gone through it several times, completing the download then immediately restarting. Is there any solution to this problem?

Oojablah said:
Hi there. I'm new to PW and enjoying it very much. The problem I have is that I tried to log in one day and the map won't stop downloading. It's gone through it several times, completing the download then immediately restarting. Is there any solution to this problem?

Delete the contents of Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\SceneObj

Not sure if already said but I have a problem when I try to connect to any server it says "kicked from server".  I have a GOG version of Mount & Blade Warband (in case it can help finding the problem in Native it tells multiple error messages like Missing line no 14 and also doesn't work, what should I do? (I don't know if it's because of the mod, sorry if this is not about the mod but I only care about Multiplayer for thus mod).
Unfortunately I can't send links to the screenshots I took.
EDIT:  Now I keep crashing with that error mid-game

FIXED

Hello. I am pretty sure it was suggested before, though I didn't find the post. Vanilla animations are very ugly. Yes, they are easily readable, but any video of people mass fighting, feinting etc. using those animations would look dumb.

Have you thought of installing alternative animations, so roleplay looks better? I know that it's possible to make a mini-mod by copying those animations on both the server and client, yes, but I thought that it would be interesting if they would be included in the standard package.

Splintert said:
To no advantage, he won't. Any static animation looks goofy in certain circumstances because Warband combat is not how real combat works even remotely.

You can believe me as I did practice real combat for a while -- alternate animations would help a lot. They won't make the combat really, really like in real life, but way more beatiful than it currently is.

Baskakov_Dima said:
Hello. I am pretty sure it was suggested before, though I didn't find the post. Vanilla animations are very ugly. Yes, they are easily readable, but any video of people mass fighting, feinting etc. using those animations would look dumb.

Have you thought of installing alternative animations, so roleplay looks better? I know that it's possible to make a mini-mod by copying those animations on both the server and client, yes, but I thought that it would be interesting if they would be included in the standard package.
PW was in early development around the time Papa Lazarou was developing his "combat animation enhancement" mod, and I agreed in principle with some of his ideas and changes, but after trying them out and weighing up both options, I elected not to integrate those combat animations with PW: the main reason being that I didn't want to get bogged down with changing too much at once. I had been involved in testing and discussion during the Warband beta period before full public release, and wanted to concentrate on making a different game mode mostly keeping the Native Warband setting and combat balance; to make the mod more quickly playable, and concentrate the development and discussion on the main features of the mod, rather than try recreate everything from scratch.

Since then various combat related features and tweaks have been added, though mainly back when PW didn't have publicly available source code, and servers all used the official versions: nowdays just about every server runs a heavily hacked version of PW, often with script changes that they don't have the skill to update or apply themselves, so new module releases would probably be unwelcome, especially with major changes.

Vornne said:
Baskakov_Dima said:

PW was in early development around the time Papa Lazarou was developing his "combat animation enhancement" mod, and I agreed in principle with some of his ideas and changes, but after trying them out and weighing up both options, I elected not to integrate those combat animations with PW: the main reason being that I didn't want to get bogged down with changing too much at once.
Well, now if you make a patch with those animations it would hardly be considered "much".

Vornne said:
I had been involved in testing and discussion during the Warband beta period before full public release, and wanted to concentrate on making a different game mode mostly keeping the Native Warband setting and combat balance; to make the mod more quickly playable, and concentrate the development and discussion on the main features of the mod, rather than try recreate everything from scratch.
Those animations don't really change balance, they mainly change how the game looks like.
Vornne said:
Since then various combat related features and tweaks have been added, though mainly back when PW didn't have publicly available source code, and servers all used the official versions: nowdays just about every server runs a heavily hacked version of PW, often with script changes that they don't have the skill to update or apply themselves, so new module releases would probably be unwelcome, especially with major changes.
Well, it's people's choice to use the "heavily hacked" versions, but as far as "HCRP" server is now popular, this particular change is likely to be welcome there.
Overall, the animations by Papa Lazarou just look a lot better, that's it. It's not even a "major" change.

Baskakov_Dima said:
Well, now if you make a patch with those animations it would hardly be considered "much".
Baskakov_Dima said:
Those animations don't really change balance, they mainly change how the game looks like.
Baskakov_Dima said:
Overall, the animations by Papa Lazarou just look a lot better, that's it. It's not even a "major" change.
That is not correct: the animations are used for the combat calculations and timings. So if a patch was made that was applied only to the server or some clients, everyone not using the animation set used on the server would be at a disadvantage, not seeing the actual combat calculations going on, and maybe get frustrated by other players seeming to cheat. Using the other animations would almost certainly change the balance between different weapons or weapon types: for example, the two handed swing animation might have less reach, or the polearm thrust animation might be quicker. This is the reason I decided not to use the animations from the start: even though they look better, I didn't want the distraction of trying to figure out how to rebalance things to suit, when the mod is not solely combat focused.

Is having both no_money and quick_battle possible?

I am hosting siege events for turkish community (maybe for everyone in the future ofc) so that's why I need the combination of the two.

Anani said:
Not without changing the scripts in ways that could break compatibility with official PW clients. For your event, what would stop every player using the same best tier equipment, every time they spawn? You could either use no_money and set the scene up with the appropriate starting equipment in stockpiles, forcing the players to maintain or produce the equipment, or you could use quick_battle and give each player some large amount of money to use - setting everyone to have a ridiculous amount of money when first joining would probably be the simplest tweak to work around the design (up to max_possible_gold = 1000000000 - 1). To do that, search for "# otherwise, set default attributes" in script setup_player_joined, and add a line like (assign, ":gold_value", max_possible_gold - 1) after the (assign, ":eek:utlaw_rating", 0) line, and build it for the server (presuming you are not using a modded scripts.txt without the module_scripts.py source).

Vornne said:
Anani said:
Not without changing the scripts in ways that could break compatibility with official PW clients. For your event, what would stop every player using the same best tier equipment, every time they spawn? You could either use no_money and set the scene up with the appropriate starting equipment in stockpiles, forcing the players to maintain or produce the equipment, or you could use quick_battle and give each player some large amount of money to use - setting everyone to have a ridiculous amount of money when first joining would probably be the simplest tweak to work around the design (up to max_possible_gold = 1000000000 - 1). To do that, search for "# otherwise, set default attributes" in script setup_player_joined, and add a line like (assign, ":gold_value", max_possible_gold - 1) after the (assign, ":eek:utlaw_rating", 0) line, and build it for the server (presuming you are not using a modded scripts.txt without the module_scripts.py source).

Thank you. It works.

Maybe add more scene props? I have been a scene creator for like 2 years now and I feel like I memorized all the prop list.

I was checking this feudal world mod witht he editor mod and noticed some new gatehouses, harbours etc. Ofc I can be creative with the ones I already have, but new buildings, castles would be interesting for both scene editors and players.

I mean the props, it's all out there ready to be put in the mod. So why not?

:smile:

Anani said:
Maybe add more scene props? I have been a scene creator for like 2 years now and I feel like I memorized all the prop list.

I was checking this feudal world mod witht he editor mod and noticed some new gatehouses, harbours etc. Ofc I can be creative with the ones I already have, but new buildings, castles would be interesting for both scene editors and players.

I mean the props, it's all out there ready to be put in the mod. So why not?

:smile:

Persistent world has every prop in original warband game and extra enterable houses.  So vornne needs to make or import new props

Evidently there is a strict technical limit on the number of props the game allows, additionally the goal of PW has always been to be a game mode and not a content pack to keep the size down and development focused.

Back
Top Bottom