Bug Reports and Player Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Mod is awesome as always! So happened that i was saving the Miller's Wife (again...she's just too careless to get caught every time) and after not having space in my party to take her home i got this:

avsfbs.png

She's a pirate now!

(btw i'm running NE v0.623 after replacing a file to fix the siege turret issue)

Hey all

I'm still playing the native expansion (0.586) for M&B 1.011 but having restarted playing it recently I cannot get shield bash or spear wall to work. I have been in open combat with the right weapons and according to the menus it is definitely enabled but somehow it won't work

Am I missing something?

Iberius said:
Mod is awesome as always! So happened that i was saving the Miller's Wife (again...she's just too careless to get caught every time) and after not having space in my party to take her home i got this:

avsfbs.png

She's a pirate now!

(btw i'm running NE v0.623 after replacing a file to fix the siege turret issue)

Hello may i ask wich file you used?

I have noticed that 0.623b is up, but there is no changelog. It could not find the log on nexus either. Do we only get the changelog when the full .623 is released?

ShadInqu said:
I have noticed that 0.623b is up, but there is no changelog. It could not find the log on nexus either. Do we only get the changelog when the full .623 is released?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,350534.0.html

I just want to say :

really, really, really good job Soulmata with all the things you are doing.

But the thing that surprised me the most is this flawless optimization and mod performance. This mod runs better then Native on my half old computer.

Thank you Soulmata for keeping this brilliant game fresh and alive :smile:

I just want to know, did u changed the brutality stuff because u felt sorry for us  :cool:, or u realized that it was too hard?  :ohdear: (the vassal thing, and the surgery thing).

Cheers mate! :smile:

There were a few reasons for the brutality changes. It was based on me after playing about 3-4 games on brutality, and seeing what changes made me play differently vs what just annoyed me.

No surgery was really, really difficult, and not in a fun way, because it meant I would only ever get into fights that were completely 1-sided and I had overwhelming odds. It took out minor skirmishes and made me reluctant to risk any of my troops to save a fellow Lord, for instance. It resulted in way too cautious play.

The other changes were for flavor, like penalizing you for not actually following the Marshall.

I will be quick and swift, SIEGE TOWER is not moving, i have tried everything u possible say, about npc pushing the siege tower it just wont budge a single inch, i made my soldiers r**e that siege tower still didn't move an inch.

So here is a bug i found.

I have 65 units in my party.

63 of them are fit for battle.

60 are swadian knights.

In my options, I have the battle size slide set to 71.

Everything was going OK, but at one point after i created my own kingdom, the kingdom of rhodoks attacked me.

There first few battles i had with them were also fine, but later when i started attacking some of their lords, i had ONLY about 10 - 15 units (swadian knights) appear on the battle with my battle size slide still set to 71 and an army of still 65 units with still about 2 -3 units wounded.

After the first part of the battle ended with me winning but the enemy still not completely killed, i had about 20 units appear on battle. And afterwards about 35.

I am very confused because this never happened to me.

I restarted game but everything was still the same.

Please someone help me.

That's actually not a bug, and is in fact native behavior, one that NE doesn't (and maybe can't?) modify.

You are seeing the results of the Tactics skill and the battle size.  Remember that Battle Size is the total number of units the AI will try to allow on the field at once, and that's for all parties involved. Then it's based on the Battle Advantage, which is determined from the tactics skill of each side's commander and the total size of the party.

So, if you have 25 units total, and the enemy has 250 units, they already have an overwhelming advantage over you. If the battle size is not big enough for the entire enemy army to appear, you will receive less than your 25 units initially, and if you are taking down enemies rapidly, they will get reinforcements more often than you. Units are pulled in for recruitment based on their order in your party list, so units at the top are more likely to come in first.

The primary ways to cure that are:

1) Increase battle size. 71 is really small - for NE, I would not suggest anything less than 200.

2) Invest more heavily into tactics skill. It's a party skill, so you can dump points onto an NPC if you want.

3) Use larger armies - if you have 100 v 100, and your tactics skills are equal, you should always have an equal number of troops on the field

Instead of getting an Assassin from attacking me, I get a random townfolk person who becomes hostile. It's very anticlimactic.

Yeah I noticed it too. I think the template used for that quest is wrong.

However, that quest always annoyed the crap out of me too, which is why I modified it to include bodyguards for you. I might have messed it up then.

KotFedot said:
So here is a bug i found.

I have 65 units in my party.

63 of them are fit for battle.

60 are swadian knights.

In my options, I have the battle size slide set to 71.

Everything was going OK, but at one point after i created my own kingdom, the kingdom of rhodoks attacked me.

There first few battles i had with them were also fine, but later when i started attacking some of their lords, i had ONLY about 10 - 15 units (swadian knights) appear on the battle with my battle size slide still set to 71 and an army of still 65 units with still about 2 -3 units wounded.

After the first part of the battle ended with me winning but the enemy still not completely killed, i had about 20 units appear on battle. And afterwards about 35.

I am very confused because this never happened to me.

I restarted game but everything was still the same.

Please someone help me.

a total of 71 npc will apear on the field meaning half (yours)-(theirs)half, some might have been wounded so they didnt appear, and theres a limit, to how many appear, after u loss couple alot reinforcements appear.....i dunno bruh lol

Not really a bug...

Is Tarkan armor supposed to have a +9/+44/+8 armour spread? It seems a bit high for armour made from cloth. And some plate armor seems to have lower armour spreads despite being made from metal.

Now an actual bug:

Some lords do not fill their warbands. I've seen lords with only 50+ or even 20+ units even during periods of peace.

JeezboozDX said:
Not really a bug...

Is Tarkan armor supposed to have a +9/+44/+8 armour spread? It seems a bit high for armour made from cloth. And some plate armor seems to have lower armour spreads despite being made from metal.

Now an actual bug:

Some lords do not fill their warbands. I've seen lords with only 50+ or even 20+ units even during periods of peace.

Ignore material when it comes to armor - only look at the skill requirement and rarity. Tarkhan armor should be both high defense and have a strength requirement that is similar to armors that have that same defense requirement. A relatively few items slipped through the refactor and might be imbalanced, but generally speaking, that armor should probably require 12-15 STR. If it's offering that much armor AND has a very low str requirement (11 or less) it probably got missed.

Got this bug where I can join a battle where there are no enemies (They are all wounded or killed already). I don't know about another attack but at one time, this bug triggered when I'm trying to help manhunters killing one of those outlaws. Each time this happened, I have to end the battle by retreating.
Also, is it possible to permanently lose a horse after a battle? I lost mine after a battle. I didn't discard it or sell it just got it killed in that battle.
Can you set a confirmation message for retreat? I retreated by accident countless times after I taken out all the enemies and end up repeating the wedding quest like 5 times and got bandits looted the village twice. Or simply set it so that I can finish the battle after all enemies are defeated instead of a retreat.

For suggestions, add something beginner can kill easier plz cause when I started out, I barely got enough troops and most are just basic troops. And all I see for the most part are outlaws of 25+ units which killed off many of my units each time when I can hardly recruit them. So I ended up only get 1 unit Swadian squire and the rest are killed in each battles.

Back
Top Bottom