Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I get a wall of red text when I ask a king if I can make peace with his Kingdom

mb1mc.jpg

I can add my report to Jackalb's.  I also got a giant wall of red when trying to make peace with the Sarranids. 

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 521: INVALID PARTY ID: 31938
At script: dplmc_get_truce_pay_amount.

The At Script line repeated twice more then kicked to another script error with a different invalid party ID, then more 'at script' and so on.  All "INVALID PARTY IDs" are as follows:

EDIT:

Ran into it again, this time with our dear King Harlaus.  Got the giant red wall o'doom again (he only asked for 10k denars) then I clicked on his portrait for the "characters" screen.  I checked a couple of recent Lords who had joined me, then clicked done and the text in my response was, "I accept.  I will give you 1 denars, and let there be peace."  And, lo, I lost a single denar.  This is potentially... troublesome.

Though this script is marked by zPar in his source, just bringing it to the fore again:
Code:
##diplomacy begin
  #script_game_get_party_speed_multiplier
  # This script is called from the game engine when a skill's modifiers are needed
  # INPUT: arg1 = party_no
  # OUTPUT: trigger_result = multiplier (scaled by 100, meaning that giving 100 as the trigger result does not change the party speed)
  ("game_get_party_speed_multiplier",
  [
    (store_script_param_1, ":party_no"),

(assign,":speed_multiplier",100),
    (try_begin),
      (eq,":party_no","p_main_party"),
      (eq,"$g_move_fast", 1),
      (val_mul,":speed_multiplier",2),
      (assign,":moving_fast",1),
    (else_try),
	  ##nested diplomacy start+
	  #xxx TODO: What the heck is this supposed to be doing?
	  ##nested diplomacy end+
      (eq,":party_no","p_main_party"),
      (eq,":moving_fast",1),
      (eq,"$g_move_fast", 0),
      (val_div,":speed_multiplier",2),
    (try_end),

##    (try_begin),
##      (this_or_next|eq,":party_no","p_main_party"),
##      (party_slot_eq, ":party_no", slot_party_type, spt_kingdom_hero_party),
##      (party_get_skill_level, ":pathfinding_skill", ":party_no", skl_pathfinding),
##      (val_mul,":pathfinding_skill",3),
##      (val_add,":speed_multiplier",":pathfinding_skill"),
##    (try_end),

(val_max, ":speed_multiplier", 0),
    (set_trigger_result, ":speed_multiplier"),
   ]),

Is clearly not doing what it is intended...and I'm not entirely certain what it is intended to do, but in the else_try
      (eq,":moving_fast",1),
could sometimes be true and sometimes be not true...it is taken some random, uninitialized value and using it there since the variable is not declared before its use.

I captured Halmar. I talked to the minister to create a patrol. The garrison of the town was 0. So it should not create any patrol. But it created patrol of 0 soldiers with a huge wall of red text. I could even talk to the patrol.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/pr1q.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/pr2h.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/714/pr3m.png/  http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/638/pr4h.png/

here is images from my Diplomacy game bugs.

Playing the Diplomacy 3.3.2+: Allow fief trading & other improvements.
So I lost a battle and 4 of my companions were captured to Almerra Castle, so I travel there and kill the prison guard and tell them all to grab a weapon and fight, but instead of fighting the enemies they fight me, so I killed them also  because it didn't let me out:grin: and then the report says "Jeremus was found in the dungeon but had to be left behind because wounded" and this happened to everyone.
EDIT: Seems that when trying to save a rescue a lord from a prison this happens too, weird it didn't happen earlier.
Is there somekind of fix for this since it's really frustrating that I can't complete a quest nor get my companions out of the prison.

makidonski said:
So I lost a battle and 4 of my companions were captured to Almerra Castle, so I travel there and kill the prison guard and tell them all to grab a weapon and fight, but instead of fighting the enemies they fight me, so I killed them also  because it didn't let me out:grin: and then the report says "Jeremus was found in the dungeon but had to be left behind because wounded" and this happened to everyone.
EDIT: Seems that when trying to save a rescue a lord from a prison this happens too, weird it didn't happen earlier.
Is there somekind of fix for this since it's really frustrating that I can't complete a quest nor get my companions out of the prison.

when you want to release lord or companion you shouldnt tell him grab your weapon, but stay behind me and keep out of fighting. otherwise they will attack you but not every time.

orome said:
makidonski said:
orome said:
when you want to release lord or companion you shouldnt tell him grab your weapon, but stay behind me and keep out of fighting. otherwise they will attack you but not every time.
Man I tried that, didn't work. Someone knows something about this problem, how to fix it?

makidonski said:
orome said:
makidonski said:
orome said:
Man I tried that, didn't work. Someone knows something about this problem, how to fix it?

One thing you should know is that this is a bug in native and not only in diplomacy. I don't think if anyone has solved it but exiting the game and starting again solves it. If it doesn't then bad luck and wait for someone to solve it.

Zerilius said:
makidonski said:
orome said:
makidonski said:
orome said:
One thing you should know is that this is a bug in native and not only in diplomacy. I don't think if anyone has solved it but exiting the game and starting again solves it. If it doesn't then bad luck and wait for someone to solve it.
Just exiting the game or starting a new game by deleting the old one? Ty!
EDIT: Seems to be working now ty!

I'm also having the same problem with rescuing people, could you please post how you fixed it?

Is there any other major changes in the new patch? Not sure if downgrading will be worth it

I also experienced this Native bug quite often, in Native games, as well as in Mods.
From my experience, if I recall correctly, I wait a few in-game days, and I can rescue the prisoners normally.

I'm getting an error when trying to trade/exchange a town with another lord.

When I ask him to trade a town for a town, he goes all "ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!ERROR!!".

When i try to rescue a lord from jail i get the keys, i get in to talk to the lord about breaking the hell out of there, and then when we're all back at the open air to make a run for it, i have to kill the enemy soldiers, the lord i'm trying to rescue and my god damn body guard too, otherwise the game won't advance.

Found another one, it's not really a bug it's wrong text, once you fire your constable, (i fired the one at my village) and after you fire the guy if you talk to him while you're still there he we will say this: surrender or die, then our persona says: i'm not affraid of you, i will fight. Which is wrong, maybe you could change those lines to: "There's nothing else i can do for you". And then our persona would say: "Thank you for your services".

Ethik Mantis said:
Found another one, it's not really a bug it's wrong text, once you fire your constable, (i fired the one at my village) and after you fire the guy if you talk to him while you're still there he we will say this: surrender or die, then our persona says: i'm not affraid of you, i will fight. Which is wrong, maybe you could change those lines to: "There's nothing else i can do for you". And then our persona would say: "Thank you for your services".
Thanks for reporting. I will fix that and put the code in my bug fix thread.

hi

i've using your mod on MB 1.143, after several hours of play i found that armor merchant only sell body armor and head armor, never sell gauntlets or boots, and weapon merchant never sell bolts and only 1 arrows in several towns i've visited,

thanks, sorry for bad english

When i met my town's patrol i was expecting something like: "Keep your eyes open for enemies". Instead i got 2 options, either leave or fight, which, considering that it's my patrol, it's kinda stupid.

And, when i was raiding a sea raider's lair i was knocked out, but instead of the "watch your men fight" thing, i had to abandon the site because they (sea raiders) ran away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom