Bug reports and known issues (v4.x, use new bug tracker instead)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killakot said:
Normally after you give him the goods, you should go talk to the other family member with whom you tried to raise relations.
Have you tried that?
Maybe there was a translation error somewhere and that doesn't show up.
Hi, thanks for answer :wink:
Hm... okay, i will try it out next time i can become such a quest and will report then again...  :wink:

LtpLegend said:
Can you please explain this as I have searched all over? I thought centralized lowered tax inefficiency.

Also does -30% mean your loosing 30% of your total taxes to inefficiency or does it mean your gaining 30% more taxes due to how well you handle it?
What it means is, if you normally had say 30% tax inefficiency due to over-expansion and being greedy, you would get a 15% deduction on that when you're fully centralized.
Resulting in only 15% inefficiency. That's why it's not immediately visible.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,118125.0.html
Click on the spoiler for the second question of chancellor for more info.

So it's weird that your inefficiency is going down while going decentralized :s

Hello,

Yes that is what I read to get an understanding of what it does. So it was very weird to me that it went from "-30%" TI to "-20%" TI when I went less centralized.  Whats the difference between a negative and positive number when referring to TI.

LtpLegend said:
Hello,

Yes that is what I read to get an understanding of what it does. So it was very weird to me that it went from "-30%" TI to "-20%" TI when I went less centralized.  Whats the difference between a negative and positive number when referring to TI.
Hmm, think I was a bit mistaken on what I previous said. Maybe this topic clarifies it a bit more?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=147997.0
The reduction seems to only affect what you normally pay for inefficiency.

And don't think you can have positive inefficiency.

Killakot said:
LtpLegend said:
Hello,

Hmm, think I was a bit mistaken on what I previous said. Maybe this topic clarifies it a bit more?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=147997.0
The reduction seems to only affect what you normally pay for inefficiency.

And don't think you can have positive inefficiency.

I have also read this topic but he fails to give Waihti an Answer and only complains. I was interested to know what Waihti would have responded with, if given the answer he required of it being a negative or positive number.

EDIT: That's odd unless that's a separate post he made, it's different content. He had anther one I read yesterday that did not contain any usefull information.

It looks like a NEGATIVE number on TI shows you how much less you pay to TI with current bonuses, such as Centralized and Chamberlain.

So infact it's quite misleading because the number after Tax Inefficiency isn't actually your "Tax Inefficiency" its your reduced amount of TI paid, based on your current domestic policy and if you have a chamberlain or not.

TO WAITHI: Any possibility you can confirm or deny?

Taken from anther post:
Waihti said:
-22% means that you pay only 78% of the normal amount you would pay without chamberlain and the goverment type you choose (normal amount would be ~1250)

This is what I based my conclusion on.

Ok idont know if this little bug report thing is still going but  i think i have a new bug. I like to cheat at the very beginning of my games and i use the cheatmenu thing. Then at a random time after that at the beginnging of a battle or beginning of a conversation with another noble it crashes and i lose my saved things up to my last save. So i disided to experiment. If i put the cheatmenu on then off again. It took longer but then crashed. Then i started one last test and didn't use the cheatmenu at all and it went 4 hours with out randomly crashing.
Why is it crashing if any one knows.
Thank you

other info- I put it into a personal mod with troops and items and it crashes but i tested with just plain diplomacy and it did the same thing so that's not it.

Hi, i play "good mod 2.0"  with Diplomacy mod version 3.2.2 but i have bug like this "Fixed a random number bug in the "send your companion to recruit a lord" calculation that caused rejection far more often than intended."
I can't install actualy version with all fixes cuz problem with compatibility with "good mod 2.0" and translation for it.
So, can you show me how to fix this bug in scripts.txt or something.
Thank you.

Has anyone else noticed an issue where arrows, bolts, boots & gloves become harder and harder to find in the market until they eventually stop showing up altogether?  It's just been a problem since steam updated warband, though when I started a new Native game, it didn't seem to happen.  I usually play diplomacy + pbod, plus some tweaks in tweakMB, and have tried a fresh install of warband, diplomacy, etc., but still having the same problem.

I just thought I'd mention that when I try to ask a ruler to make peace with my faction, I get a bunch of scrolling red text relating to the process and then the ruler asks for an astronomical value of gold (60k+) and for several fiefs.  I'm not sure if peace is supposed to be really expensive in Diplomacy or not, but it seems a bit unintended.

I've tested it in a couple of different situations with different wars/leaders.

I'll try to get a screenshot up soon.

Licinia Eudoxia said:
I just thought I'd mention that when I try to ask a ruler to make peace with my faction, I get a bunch of scrolling red text relating to the process and then the ruler asks for an astronomical value of gold (60k+) and for several fiefs.  I'm not sure if peace is supposed to be really expensive in Diplomacy or not, but it seems a bit unintended.

I get this as well.

I have asked King Haralus for peace on separate occasions during different wars and I get a lot of red text about truces. so far he as asked for 61k, 200k and the latest was 500k gold. No thank you I'd rather keep decimating your armies.

wizdan said:
Has anyone else noticed an issue where arrows, bolts, boots & gloves become harder and harder to find in the market until they eventually stop showing up altogether?  It's just been a problem since steam updated warband, though when I started a new Native game, it didn't seem to happen.  I usually play diplomacy + pbod, plus some tweaks in tweakMB, and have tried a fresh install of warband, diplomacy, etc., but still having the same problem.

I have not noticed this at all. I have put it quite a few hours so far with this diplomacy version and all the compatible mods installed too. I usually find a lot of gloves and ammo as items from beating groups of NPC's too.

I think I have found a bug, I'm not sure though...
I was at war with the Rhodoks... and Specifically attacked King Graveth, and in the conversation I accidentally clicked "I wish to make peace with the Rhodoks" and then after he made peace with me, before it showed the pop up of "My kingdom has blah blah made peace with the Kingdom of Rhodoks blah blah", it still showed me to prep to battle screen against king graveth...so for the hell of it, I still fought him and won, then "I always have my game in cheat mode so I see all the debug messages, well, it said something like "king graveth not counted as a causality because he is p friendly" I know it had like just a letter p in it in a weird place too but that didn't make any sense to me, then after I got his loot screen then it showed the pop up that I made peace with the Rhodoks and it still has that peace lol even after I just killed their king lmao ha ha

I saw an issue with the bard dialogue, but I'm not sure how significant it is. Anyway, I copied one of my Native save games into the Diplomacy save game folder. Everything works fine except for this small issue where every time I ask a bard about a single lady of the realm, he uses my name instead of the name of the lord who is suiting her. (For example, "They say (my character's name) has tired of persuing Lady Enricata.") For the record, I am a female and I'm married, so either way my name shouldn't be up there. Maybe I copied something into the Diplomacy folder wrong? So far this particular save game is the only one causing problems. Any ideas?

daisyj201 said:
I saw an issue with the bard dialogue, but I'm not sure how significant it is. Anyway, I copied one of my Native save games into the Diplomacy save game folder. Everything works fine except for this small issue where every time I ask a bard about a single lady of the realm, he uses my name instead of the name of the lord who is suiting her. (For example, "They say (my character's name) has tired of persuing Lady Enricata.") For the record, I am a female and I'm married, so either way my name shouldn't be up there. Maybe I copied something into the Diplomacy folder wrong? So far this particular save game is the only one causing problems. Any ideas?

I took a look and it's not immediately obvious why this would happen.  What Diplomacy version and what Warband versions are you using?

zParsifal said:
daisyj201 said:

I took a look and it's not immediately obvious why this would happen.  What Diplomacy version and what Warband versions are you using?

The most updated of both. I later found though that as new lords started courting the ladies, the dialogue set itself right. Have no clue why or why it was wrong in the first place.  :???: But thanks for looking into it. :smile:

Yes me again, but I found something else. You know how you can send companions to gather info on all the countries and their lords? When M&BW first came out, none of the companions were set to explore any of the cities in the Sarrinad. They eventually changed this in a patch by sending Artimenner to Durquaba (sp?) instead of Narra. I found that while playing the Diplomacy mod, Artimenner goes to Narra as he did before the M&BW patch, so I can't get info on the Sarrinad. I have the most current versions of Native and Diplomacy. I know that this is a relatively small issue, but I use that feature a lot and it would be helpful if this was resolved. Thank you :smile:

wizdan said:

that bug has nothing to do with diplomacy, you use 1.142 version, that bug is only in that patch of game. M&B team will solve that.

As orome said, that's not a diplomacy issue, but a warband v1.142 patch. You may try reverting to v1.134 or testing the already released v1.143 that's supposed to fix it.

LtpLegend said:
I get this as well.

I have asked King Haralus for peace on separate occasions during different wars and I get a lot of red text about truces. so far he as asked for 61k, 200k and the latest was 500k gold. No thank you I'd rather keep decimating your armies.

Good grief.  Any details about the situation of the game when this happened (or what those red messages specifically said) would be useful.

Licinia Eudoxia said:

It shouldn't be possible for the ruler to ask for more than one fief, unless you mean the village that comes with a castle.  If that is going on, I am very confused.

If you're seeing scrolling red text, details on what that text says would be very useful.  It is quite likely that it would immediately make it clear what the problem was.

nirkoj said:
As orome said, that's not a diplomacy issue, but a warband v1.142 patch. You may try reverting to v1.134 or testing the already released v1.143 that's supposed to fix it.

Guess I'll have to revert then as 1.143 didn't fix the issue for me.

Edit. Damn steam keeps updating to 1.143. I did find this post in another thread on sp mods.

"For SP mods, they will experience the arrows/bolts/gloves/boots disappearing bugs if played on 1.143, unless the mod's module system (specifically the trade/production/merchant code) is also updated to 1.143. Native no longer has the bug."

biloute said:
I've got a problem to find gloves bolt or arrows nothing in the shop......

Someone as the same issue?
This is a bug due to playing the mod on Warband version 1.143 (1.142 or higher, to be fair) and it is reported all across the forums. Either roll-back to 1.134, wait for the mod to be ported to the current version of Warband, or use the cheatmenu to get the items you need. You will find this bug in any mod (including Native) for version 1.142 of Warband, and for version 1.143, you'll find it in everything but Native or mods that specifically say they have been ported to 1.143.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom