Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed the AI armies during battle getting into formations and then just doing nothing. I tried all three options in the mod options but it still happens every now and then.

I'm using the Expanded Mod Pack 2.5

mebbwebb said:
But it goes on forever...
?
As in they don't move even when being attacked? Or as in they wait for you to come and attack them?

If the AI elects to hold, they will continue to hold at the very least until 1 troop dies on either side (that will trigger the next 'phase' and a recalculation of tactics/position) and they may choose that the best strategy is to continue to hold.

But, if you're descending upon them, killing enemies left and right and all they do is stand like statues...well then we need to look into things.

Again about shield bash. It dosent work if enemy is very close, but animation plays as normal and unaffected enemy can hack player to bits. Either enemy should be affected a bit (block for example) or animation should cancel at start to show that player tries to push away enemy but fails.

Caba`drin said:
mebbwebb said:
But it goes on forever...
?
As in they don't move even when being attacked? Or as in they wait for you to come and attack them?

If the AI elects to hold, they will continue to hold at the very least until 1 troop dies on either side (that will trigger the next 'phase' and a recalculation of tactics/position) and they may choose that the best strategy is to continue to hold.

But, if you're descending upon them, killing enemies left and right and all they do is stand like statues...well then we need to look into things.

they respond by attacking back, but refuse to move or break formation.

Which is sad because Khergit units in a line are really easy to kill then having them running all over the place.

The main issue is that when your fighting with allies and everyone chooses to hold. And due to your small attack force because of the many lords fighting with you their is no way to win without retreating and trying again and then having the same thing happen. You basically have to wait for them to finish fighting or run around the map for a few in game hours and then come back.

Caba`drin said:
The AI does poorly for the Khergits at present, this is known.
Point taken about two AI armies both choosing to hold as well. Will examine with motomataru.
I seem to remember Xenoargh trying to fix this situation by having a holding army advance forward at a slow pace every X seconds.  I can't remember the interval though.

--Expended--

I got these errors 3 separate times when in the new tournament. First time I was just being killed

2012-01-21_00001.jpg

Second time I got in the menu, went to option, and changed something, like the toggling direction of hit.

2012-01-21_00002.jpg

Third time, I just went to the menu (not even in option) and came back in game

2012-01-21_00003%20%282%29.jpg

Do you need something else, like the save file?

snouz said:
--Expended--
I got these errors 3 separate times when in the new tournament.
First time I was just being killed
2012-01-21_00001.jpg

Second time I got in the menu, went to option, and changed something, like the toggling direction of hit.
2012-01-21_00002.jpg

Third time, I just went to the menu (not even in option) and came back in game
2012-01-21_00003%20%282%29.jpg

Do you need something else, like the save file?
Each of these three times did you hit 'escape'?  It sounds like that was the case.  The bug is that the in combat display is trying to update objects on the screen that are no longer there.  For some reason the fix that prevented this wall of text from occurring post use of the character, quest or game log screens didn't take in the escape menu, but it usually isn't quite that long a list.  Are you using something other than escape to access the game menu by chance?

just hitting escape, didn't know there was another way to access the menu. Also, the walls of text were going on and on, they were much longer than that

Did the error stop once someone died (which reboots the combat display)?  The item trying to update itself is the match timer so it may have been a long while before this occurred.  I'll have another look into seeing what can be done to block this.  Not really sure why the same fix for the other screens isn't helping unless the game sees that escape menu in a different way somehow.

Not following everything, but we can see on the third screenshot that the error stops when I'm knocked out. I'm not sure about the others though.

Also, another minor bug, when I was in the arena, training, like in native, I heard the leveling up sound, hitting C showed me I had leveled up, but it didn't show in the log (I checked with L). I have "toggle experience" checked and I usually see it when a hero levels up.

snouz said:
Not following everything, but we can see on the third screenshot that the error stops when I'm knocked out. I'm not sure about the others though.
Fair enough.  You did answer my question though.  Thanks and I'll see what I can do.  While this isn't game-breaking, it may be annoying to some.  You can make it go away entirely by turning off the in combat display in the tournament options panel.

I found a small little dialog error. Its nothing too large, but here it is:

After you defeat the Bandits at the beginning of the starter mission and rescue the Merchant's brother -

"With their retreat cut off, the Looters fall one by one to your determined attack. Their hideout, and their ill-gotten gains as now yours."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom