Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

Users who are viewing this thread

So does anyone have anything to say about the problems when besieging the replaced castles? Oh and so far I've had the problem with Knudar (they run into a wall) and Unhun (they just stand there and get clustered on the top of ladders).

Fluffystein said:
So does anyone have anything to say about the problems when besieging the replaced castles? Oh and so far I've had the problem with Knudar (they run into a wall) and Unhun (they just stand there and get clustered on the top of ladders).

Yes, that happens to me just about every single time. I just replaced the new (amazing-looking) castles with the old, regular ones...

There isn't much more you can do.

same problem here with knudarr :sad:
my men get stuck in every single corner and its impossible to make them fight...
besides, that castle looks amazing, but the "wayfinding" is kinda sad
any solution?

Whenever i have a loan or a deposit in the bank, when the interest menu pops up i cannot exit it and must ALT+F4 out of the game. I cannot do anything when this happens, i click the button and it makes the sound that i pressed it, but nothing happens.

I have installed 2.41a to try and fix it but nothing works.

Fenoglio said:
Fenoglio said:
Ogrecorps said:
  • I got a bounty for some desert bandits, found them in battle with some sarranids, joined the bandits' side, won, then attacked the bandits and won, claiming my bounty. Since then every bandit of every type regardless of force size on either side attacks me any time they can. I'm rolling with 150 tier 4+ Khergits and they come at me, everything from 5 looters to 71 steppe bandits - ever since I betrayed that one group. if it helps to know I was at -5 relations with them, they were fighting a Rhodok Caravan and a Sarranid Lord, possibly with another bandit group, and when I joined my bandit relations went to -1. Immediately after the battle every bandit type every started to attack me without restraint. Deserters retain normal behavior, however.

I got these two as well, though in the first case, I just found some sea raiders in battle with an enemy lord and joined on the raider's side to crush the enemy. As reported by him, every group in the "Outlaw" faction rushes to fight me, regardless of my troop size and regardless theirs. Is there really no text file or something to quickly edit to change it back? It's beyond annoying. At least, attacking bandit hideouts should lower relation with this Outlaw group.

I don't mean to be an ass, but this really is becoming increasingly difficult to handle, so much so that I'm sorely tempted to just start a new game.

I picked one group up near Uxkhal. From there, I traveled to Dhirim where I picked up two more. From Dhirim, I was making my way to Suno and Praven when I picked up the fourth.
72202cf233.jpg

Is there anyway to deal with it other than trying to find some party fighting these elusive bastards?

Edit: Actually, shortly after I made the post, I found a party of 50 sea raiders fighting a caravan and helped defeat them. Unfortunately, it seems to have not done a thing except increase my reputation with the Nords the caravan belonged to, as soon after the battle, a party of 14 sea raiders came to fight my army of 200.

I had this exact issue as well: I aided some bandits against a Swadian lord in order to gain the lord's captives for my army. Immediately after the rep boost to bandits, every single bandit group of any size and shape hunted my army mercilessly. Parties of 10 looters we are talking about here ran to their deaths at my hands. I enjoyed it for a bit, but it got annoying after a while. Well, one day I found bandits in battle with a Caravan or another lord or something, so I moved in and aided someone (cannot remember if it was the bandits again or who they were fighting), but either way after the battle I was no longer hounded by all bandits. It seemed to reset the 'rage' indicator.

Have fun with that one.

Fluffystein said:
Is anyone else having problems with the AI during sieges of the new castles?

Yes, Knudarr castle was unplayable. Also another one was sorta buggy, but I struggled through it. I replaced Knudarr with the original Knudarr castle from Native and life is good again. Give it a shot!

mb1.jpg

Whenever i begin combat this is the state my guy is in and the combat itself is weird how can i fix it?

Kittenpaw said:
Fluffystein said:
Is anyone else having problems with the AI during sieges of the new castles?

Yes, Knudarr castle was unplayable. Also another one was sorta buggy, but I struggled through it. I replaced Knudarr with the original Knudarr castle from Native and life is good again. Give it a shot!

How do you replace a single castle?  I would even be willing to replace all the castles to get rid of Knudarr. 

I dug through the files in Floris Mod and could not see anything that looked like a simple swap

The last couple of days i've been having some issues with post-battle things. The loot menu no longer pops up and it stops giving my units post-battle xp.

also, after you destroy a bandit camp it gives you the dialog that says "you have destroyed the villanous barbarian encampment and all their ill-gotten goods are yours", then you click continue, but it skips the loot menu and the bandit camp will still be on the map. if you try to move onto it, it will give that same exact dialog box again and you still won't get anything.

It was fine until about 3 days ago and then it started doing that. I know i missed out on a lot of loot. How can I fix that? i've been trying to restart the game when it happens but nothing changes.

I tried installing the 2.41 patch and nothing changed.

Using M&B Warband 1.134 with Floris Expanded Mod Pack 2.4 and FEMP-2.41a_Bugfix (by coping & replacing the included .txt files) & TweakMB*.
Game status: 211 days in, Vaegir Lord with 2 fiefs (Curraw & some H. village). Force size about 90.
This was probably reported before, but just in case -> the formations of the Pre-Battle Orders do not seem to work as intended:

FORMATIONS

When I choose formations before the battle for one of the groups (lets say: Archers), once spawn on battle map, the archers will start to slowly move backwards towards the edge of the map. Neither using Orders' keyboard shortcuts, nor "View Orders" works. When I give commends like "Charge" or "Move & Hold" (by holding F1), the Archers will stop and for about 1-2 seconds follow the issued command, but when that second passes - they are back in "coward mode" going backwards again.

Also, I haven't seen many enemies using formations: one Nord "Lord" to be precise. But even that seemed to be weird. Nords seemed to be using a shield wall, while slowly advancing towards my position, but stopped for about 5 minutes, right in front (sorry for not taking a screenshot, but about 40-50 meters) of my archers. True, this allowed me to easily win, but it felt like cheating...

BANKS

From what I've read, this one you guys have already got covered: very generous % on my deposits (I wish I knew a bank like that in real life!) and the XP gains.
Maybe both things should depend on one's trade skill? Just a thought...

VISUAL GLITCHES

I understand that it is not a Floris problem, but the ATI graphic cards (ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT in my case) and the original game code. Still, just in case... I get a lot of "graphical break-ups" in both: overland map and battle maps. "ALT+Tab and back" seems to solve them for about 20-30 mins cycles, but if there is a solution, I would be obliged if someone would let me know of one.

That is the most descriptive way I can explain the bugs. Even with a couple of these, the Floris Mod Pack GREATLY enhances the gameplay!
Thank you for all your work!
Cheers.

* I have also used TweakMB to change the following options (maybe they are conflicting with something in Floris?):
- Cattle Behavior: Follow You,
- Battle Options/Map Size: Non-Forest (All): 710500 & Forest (All): 416250 (This option alone, has allowed me to enjoy Warband and I consider it NECESSARY!!)
- Parties/Bandit Parties Size: 2/24/49 Looters,  4/36/18 Steppe Bandits,  4/34/24 Forrest,  6/50/24 Mountain,  6/52/16 Desert,  6/44/22 Tundra,  6/46/20 Sea Raiders
- Number for bandit respawn 48

On start after the main screen/loading bar shows up I get a crash and it says unable to open modules/native.txt or something.

See the FAQ for help on crashes. Try the alternative music files on the first page of Bug Reports. If crashes persist, feel free to use our support sticky for help. Do provide more information, when you do so.

It seems in my game all the daughters of all the lords have disappeared;P.

If I ask their mother where they are, they will say they are in the castle I am at, yet they are no-where to be found. I have searched every castle in the Yellows(Sultanate) and the Purple(Khens) and towns yet can't find a single one.

I am see some people get people that disappear and this is a native problem? Has this every effected all the daughters?

When starting the game it crashes on the loading bar screen and says it is unable to load "town_houses_b.brf" from my CommonRes folder.  I guess it is a similar problem as the post above me.

When I finish creating my character in expanded pack the game crashes and I see this error:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...steam\steamapps\common\mountblade
warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.'

Duh said:
See the FAQ for help on crashes. Try the alternative music files on the first page of Bug Reports. If crashes persist, feel free to use our support sticky for help. Do provide more information, when you do so.

Hello,

I am trying to fix npc list when I am using Native savegame in Floris.

The basic version is compatible with any native savegame. The expanded version is only compatible with native or diplomacy savegames if you remove the Floris npc from troops.txt. You can download this file also here.

But the npc floris is still in this txt file from this link. You can't remove him manually because you get "cannot read troops.txt" error. So what to do? And this files doesn't  work at all (npc list is still broken).

If at all this belongs into the support sticky. Sorry for late and short replies, im on the road, drinking and working heavily. Cheers.

An odd thing happened to me. Baron Grainwad borrowed Ymira from me about 5 days ago (ingame, of course), but just now she showed up asking if I was ready to accept her back. I did, and she's a member of my party - fights and everything. Asking Grainwad, however, simply gives me the standard "Please wait, I have need of your companion yet".

The quest isn't over yet, so I'll report on what happens when he does give her back.

Of course, it's entirely possible that this isn't a bug and he was using her in some secret evil cloning experiments...  :evil:  :shock:

Update: Well, the quest ended normally, I asked for her back and he said "She's a bright girl". I didn't get her again (obviously, as I already had her). Well, there go my dreams of kinky clone threesomes  :cry:

(jk jk)

Back
Top Bottom