Bug Reports and known issues v2.4

Users who are viewing this thread

Not so much a bug, just a general question. Since I just made this forum account and also downloaded the expansion. First of all, let me just say it's also a wonderful expansion and really adds to the amazing realm Warband takes place in.

My concerns aren't too huge, but I have to ask a couple questions about the current progress of the Floris Mod. I'm wondering of the 'For Hire' Mercenary units will have their appearance changed in the future. Considering to me and a couple other users of the Floris Mod, they're appearing in plain white tabards with a solid black cross on the front. Looking very out of place, bright, and wearing unusual helmets.

A second question I have is about the shop and inventory tabs, are there any plans to change how the new weaponry and armor looks when being purchased or sold? Lot's of the miniature pictures make the item look very unusual, or just appear as brightly colored lines which seem very out of place. Some even look like squished photographs or oddly placed gloves over a scanner.

And the third question is about the new weaponry and armor. Some of the gear, much like the Highlander sets, look downright amazing. Other sets look incredibly out of place. Some shields are incredibly bright or shiny, some armor looks like it's rubber or from another game, and I'm just wondering if those will be changed in the future or if they're the final versions.

Final question is about the names. I love the authentic names chosen for the classes, but some of them are '13 Mercenary Unit' and have their NPC number at the start of their name. Another issue with names would most likely be some Lords and Counts, which have their names written like 'Lord Snag-burrower' instead of 'Lord Snag-Burrower' just wondering if that was intentional, or just some names came out incorrectly and haven't been updated. ( Keep in mind the name was an example, I don't think there is a Snag-Burrower. xD )

I suppose in the area of bugs I did find two. When asking a Lord about his skills, some of them actually let you modify their abilities as if they were a companion. Some other Lords in the game, when asked 'Where is...' will have the text option 'I heard Lord Snag talk about you' only for them to go 'Lord Snag should be out on the field right now', just seems like an incorrect dialogue choice for the outcome.

Sorry if I said anything out of line, these are just the things that came to mind at this time of night while playing. xD

Xayvier said:
Final question is about the names. I love the authentic names chosen for the classes, but some of them are '13 Mercenary Unit' and have their NPC number at the start of their name.

This is actually an intentional part of the mod. It's not 13, but I3 i.e. Infantry tier 3. So at a glance you can see what the troops are, which is helpful when there are so many new and confusing troops. The higher the tier, the better, obviously. So you can have C5, which are cavalry tier 5. I think the types are C - cavalry, H - horsemen, I - infantry and A - archers.

Xayvier said:
Not so much a bug, just a general question. Since I just made this forum account and also downloaded the expansion. First of all, let me just say it's also a wonderful expansion and really adds to the amazing realm Warband takes place in.

My concerns aren't too huge, but I have to ask a couple questions about the current progress of the Floris Mod. I'm wondering of the 'For Hire' Mercenary units will have their appearance changed in the future. Considering to me and a couple other users of the Floris Mod, they're appearing in plain white tabards with a solid black cross on the front. Looking very out of place, bright, and wearing unusual helmets.
These armors were actullay buggy. Its fixed now and you can take a look at 1 mercenary unit in my latest screens in the Screenshot topic.
Xayvier said:
A second question I have is about the shop and inventory tabs, are there any plans to change how the new weaponry and armor looks when being purchased or sold? Lot's of the miniature pictures make the item look very unusual, or just appear as brightly colored lines which seem very out of place. Some even look like squished photographs or oddly placed gloves over a scanner.
That might be done in the future, but im not entirely sure. Will inquire with Monnikje as he is the master of the item pool. :wink:
Xayvier said:
And the third question is about the new weaponry and armor. Some of the gear, much like the Highlander sets, look downright amazing. Other sets look incredibly out of place. Some shields are incredibly bright or shiny, some armor looks like it's rubber or from another game, and I'm just wondering if those will be changed in the future or if they're the final versions.
A ton of the added items in 2.4 were not fully done or badly done. This has been completely overhault in 2.5. Monnikje went through all items, removed bad ones, fixed faulty ones, improved normal ones. Of course there are still some bugs to be expected, but from what i can see from playing and testing with the beta - it has improved by a lot.
Xayvier said:
Final question is about the names. I love the authentic names chosen for the classes, but some of them are '13 Mercenary Unit' and have their NPC number at the start of their name. Another issue with names would most likely be some Lords and Counts, which have their names written like 'Lord Snag-burrower' instead of 'Lord Snag-Burrower' just wondering if that was intentional, or just some names came out incorrectly and haven't been updated. ( Keep in mind the name was an example, I don't think there is a Snag-Burrower. xD )
The I, C, A prefixes are intentional. Some titles might have typos. In 2.5 we will offer the choice between a native troop tree set, a reworked troop tree set and an expanded troop tree set. So you can choose at the beginning of the game whether to play with the floris troops or not.
Xayvier said:
I suppose in the area of bugs I did find two. When asking a Lord about his skills, some of them actually let you modify their abilities as if they were a companion. Some other Lords in the game, when asked 'Where is...' will have the text option 'I heard Lord Snag talk about you' only for them to go 'Lord Snag should be out on the field right now', just seems like an incorrect dialogue choice for the outcome.
I would think these to be diplomacy bugs and since we updated it from prior to 3.32+ to 4.1, they were likely fixed. Otherwise rereport once 2.5 is out and we will make sure to patch them away.
Xayvier said:
Sorry if I said anything out of line, these are just the things that came to mind at this time of night while playing. xD
No worries and thanks for the feedback.

Awesome, thank you for the quick reply. Looking forward to 2.5 already. :mrgreen:

As for the 'I3 Mercenary Knight' ranks, I'm actually in love with the expanded troop lists that you can choose from. Just the numbers stand out strangely in my opinion, keeping the extended tree and making the 'I3' optional in another menu would be a solution. A personal opinion, anyway, and just a suggestion. o3o

That would be rather difficult to do in a way that offers the change ingame - i would much rather suggest you get morghs editor (found in the forge) and remove the prefixes yourself. :wink:

Duh, if you use WSE it would be rather easy, I even have the code.
edit: and yeah, I know you probably won't add it in 2.5, you'll first finish the current things.

I am getting a strange bug where every lord i talk to that has a quest for me, has the same quest.

The quest they have is the "train troops for them" quest.

Its like theres no other quest in the game.

Im running 2.4 Floris expanded, with the 2.41a bug fix added on.

I have some trouble with a lord who can't stop talking to me. I can't follow the campaign without him coming to me to talk.
I think he wants to attack me (feeling strong with all the other lords around) but can't since we are in the same faction. The dialog options are the normal ones (task, ask something, ...) but the "talk in private" one begins with "Stay your hand" as if he was an enemy.
I'm a mercenary for sarranid and he is a nord lord (Gundur) who has joined sarranid. My relation with him is -1.

I am using the expanded mod pack with the bug fix.

Edit:
Actually, it was not that annoying. I managed to outrun him, when I came back, the bug was fixed.

Im not even sure what exactly your problem is, but as it seems that you are asking for help - this belongs into the support sticky. Please inquire there and give a detailed description of your problem and how you tried to solve it.

hello.

i can't play this mod  :sad:
before the first loading screen concludes i get an "RGL ERROR" msg that says "get_object failed for body: bo_bushes02_b
i already tried to uninstall the game and install again but it keeps getting this error, can someone help me?

That error is located in the scene_props.txt

PS: sorry for my bad english

Duh said:
it seems that you are asking for help - this belongs into the support sticky. Please inquire there and give a detailed description of your problem and how you tried to solve it.
Please read the FAQ Section on crashes before you post in the support sticky.

All right, so I've been getting the "Error on Creating Shaders: Out of Video Memory" error. So far, I've tried replacing the sound.txt with the native sound.txt, Hotifx A, Hotfix B, and switching to Directx 7, and so far the directx switch is the only one that's worked. Now, the problem with this is that using directx 7 makes the game look like Satan's Bunghole, especially with female characters, so honestly I'd much rather not use it. I'm running Ubuntu 11.10, and my graphics card is a GeForce 9800 GTX (Yeah, it's hella old, but I can't really do anything about that at the moment). So, is there anything I can do about this? I can post more computer specs as needed.

That belongs into support. Please give me your system specs there. Especially whether your Ubuntu is a 32 bit or 64 bit (or some other #) system.

SirDakkalot said:
All right, so I've been getting the "Error on Creating Shaders: Out of Video Memory" error. So far, I've tried replacing the sound.txt with the native sound.txt, Hotifx A, Hotfix B, and switching to Directx 7, and so far the directx switch is the only one that's worked. Now, the problem with this is that using directx 7 makes the game look like Satan's Bunghole, especially with female characters, so honestly I'd much rather not use it. I'm running Ubuntu 11.10, and my graphics card is a GeForce 9800 GTX (Yeah, it's hella old, but I can't really do anything about that at the moment). So, is there anything I can do about this? I can post more computer specs as needed.

I am on the same boat as he is.
The only thing that works for me is going on Dx 7

Computer -
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6850
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 2.67 GHz
RAM: 4G (631 free)

Edit: My bad (Half asleep been up trying to fix this mod for 4 hours : /) my post is at, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148427.1215.html Thanks.

I don't know if it has been reported, but there seems to be some sort of bug with the cattle mission text. Using Floris Expanded 2.4 + 2.41 Patch and Warband 1.143

Not sure if this is going to be applicable anymore since monnikje already went through all the items, but characters equiped with the Magnus Hammer are holding it upside down.

This was on warband 1.134 with floris expanded 2.4 + 2.41.

Back
Top Bottom