Bug Reports and known issues v2.2 and earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parmenides said:
with 2.2 and a save game from 2.1  I got a weekly bill now to pay for every patrol in game  :sad:

Same issue, I got billed for every patrol that's active, I tried to disband them from the Constable and he says he'll inform them to disband but they don't actually disband the patrol remains on the list.

Also A5 Rhodok Balestriere d'Assedi is STILL listed as an infantry unit instead of archer for me. This is possibly because my save game is pre 2.2 but there are still troops that only have a sword and shield and no crossbow, makes the entire troop line somewhat useless :sad:

hello all,first post here and i want to start it by thanking the good ol' Monnikje for the awesome work he's done,and for his efforts.

now,a little item bug i've noticed:some of the priest gear doesnt fit correctly on the characters.
- the boots (monk sandals,priest shoes so far) stay still and "glide" on the floor while you run,and are not attached to the legs.handy for impressing ladies with moonwalk,a bit awkward in battle  :razz:
- the bishop's hat and the gloves remain fully stretched without adapting to the hands,and appear to be slightly out of place as well.

since they come off the same battlepriests mod my guess would be that something went wrong on its implementation,if its not on my computer's end.and i think it's not.
i'll check the other items as soon as they appear.

thanks for the great mod and to everyone who contributed!

pada said:
1.132 and floris expanded 2.01 from the torrent

I am getting 2 of each recruitable NPC in taverns, that is 2 floris, 2 Bunduk, etc, once i recruit them and leave reenter it is fixed, odd bug, not sure why its happening.

other than that just some missing quest text red line bugs when handlings quests from the marshal.

report more as I find them.
That version is outdated, and reporting bugs from it is of little use

myname said:
EDIT:
So far I had the clone NPC thing only with the starting merchant, not with any other NPCs. Finger crossed that this will not change...

It won't change. I located the source of the bug: only the starting merchant will be duplicated, all other duplication bugs are fixed. I should have caught this other part before 2.2. Apologies all.

awin123 said:
Parmenides said:
with 2.2 and a save game from 2.1  I got a weekly bill now to pay for every patrol in game  :sad:

Same issue, I got billed for every patrol that's active, I tried to disband them from the Constable and he says he'll inform them to disband but they don't actually disband the patrol remains on the list.

This bug has been located, too. Not sure how that cropped up...but I definitely agree that it needs a hot fix.

ash2life said:
After my hero dies in a active battle im so only far able to command the last Group that was selected when i died.
A paradox that you still can comand the selected group(s) after death with F1..F9 Keys.
And theres no command UI to call up upon death at all too.

For example a Infantry Group that was on Hold before will stand till it dies or self defends.
In roughest terms, this is WAD. A thread discussing what would be the most appropriate thing to do with orders after player KD may be in order. Part of what you describe is hard-coded (once KD'd the game won't let you change who is selected, I don't believe), part can be adjusted (we could give a single order to all groups and then prevent any groups from being selected)...

A wonderful compilation, however I keep getting loads and loads of random CTD's. Textures that can't be found and whatnot. I think I'll skip over this one until a really stable version comes out. :smile:

Good job though! :smile:

I have also encounterd the red error text bug when talking to a lord someone mention but thougt i could give a little context. The error message started appering after I joined the Nords. It only happens after I have been in battle with a enemy nation. The print out reads:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: 4194305; Line NO: 20:
At script: get_relevant_comment_for_log_entry.

I'm running version 2.1 of Floris and Warband through steam so should be latest.

Parmenides said:
with 2.2 I get unable to Load  Dragon_Shield_Texture

I am having this issue too. I checked the texture folder inside of the Floris dir and there is a dds file called dragon_shield_texture.

I downloaded the Enhanced Mod pack without Music from mbrepository.

After downloading 2.2 I've noticed all "goods" items have been grayed.  I noticed someone had mentioned it earlier, but the items that are greyed for me aren't just food.  It's everything in the "goods" section.

I also had the Dragon Shield Texture error as well, with the 2.2 Floris without music from Megaupload.

Okay well I was hoping the logs not showing up would be better this time around, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I believe I might have narrowed it down a bit though. When I load up my game everything works fine. I got into combat and all the logs showed and out of combat they worked fine too. However, once I talked to a lord (an action that would originally give me a red wall of error messages) no more logs show up at all whether it be in or out of combat and it seems to last until I restart the game.

Edit: Okay well I just tried it again and it continued to work after talking to the lord so I really have no clue what is causing it, but when it does it seems to last until the game ends, unlike the seemingly random disappearances in 2.1

I checked Recent Messages in Notes after the log vanished and I saw a wall of error messages that stretched up to the top of the window and beyond, all mirroring the one in Hornstrom's bug report. 

Anyone notice that when you had a LOT of lords, like 30 or 40, and you do something that affects their happiness and there's a bit of a lag to the report showing up in the scrolling text log and even then it starts to fade as it shows up?  I strongly suspect that's what happened here, only times like 10.

Fix that little "cosmetic" thing Honrstrom is talking about and the other problem goes away, I 100% promise.

I've some very special, very boring stuff.

Start my character. bandit Intro: crash.
I restart, I go past bandit intro, I leave the town, get in a village: Crash.
I restart, get in village: works. Get in the tavern: Crash.
I restart, get in the tavern : works. Attack the Looters: Crash.
I restart, attack the looters, work. Battle end: Crash.

Etc, etc, etc...

itm_armor_sarranid_cloth_robe6b.dds cannot be found in the Expanded version of your mod.. Gave me a game crash first time I went armor shopping intown.  :mrgreen:

FishermanFromTihr said:
I've some very special, very boring stuff.

Start my character. bandit Intro: crash.
I restart, I go past bandit intro, I leave the town, get in a village: Crash.
I restart, get in village: works. Get in the tavern: Crash.
I restart, get in the tavern : works. Attack the Looters: Crash.
I restart, attack the looters, work. Battle end: Crash.

Etc, etc, etc...

Did you try this from the FAQ (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148144.0.html)

Q: My game keeps crashing. What can I do?
You can try to
- Lower the battle size. (100)
- Lower the number of corpses.
- Disable rag dolls.
- Lower the texture quality (and other graphical configurations)
- Force single threading at the console when powering up MB. (Configuration/Advanced)
- Disable Edit Mode. (Configuration/Advanced)
- Enable 'Load Textures on demand'

Q: I get crashes while saving a game, during or after a bigger battle or switching screens.
You might want to check out this topic. In most cases this solves your problems.

Hornstrom said:
I have also encounterd the red error text bug when talking to a lord someone mention but thougt i could give a little context. The error message started appering after I joined the Nords. It only happens after I have been in battle with a enemy nation. The print out reads:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2190: Invalid Faction ID: 4194305; Line NO: 20:

I'm running version 2.1 of Floris and Warband through steam so should be latest.
Thanks for the excellent bug report.

I believe...believe...that we've located and repaired this bug in 2.2, but it may only fix itself over time or with a new game as the erroneous value may be stuck in the savegame.

imgran said:
I checked Recent Messages in Notes after the log vanished and I saw a wall of error messages that stretched up to the top of the window and beyond, all mirroring the one in Hornstrom's bug report. 

Anyone notice that when you had a LOT of lords, like 30 or 40, and you do something that affects their happiness and there's a bit of a lag to the report showing up in the scrolling text log and even then it starts to fade as it shows up?  I strongly suspect that's what happened here, only times like 10.

Fix that little "cosmetic" thing Honrstrom is talking about and the other problem goes away, I 100% promise.
Thanks for the other great report and attempts to help trouble-shoot! (And thanks for reading the thread!)
Are you using 2.2? With a new game? (If yes to both, then we definitely haven't found the full source of the bug)

Suddenly I have a lot of upkeep for patrols and stuff around cities I don't own :O This is gonna bankrupt me, so I have to stop playing until a fix is found.

Scully said:
Suddenly I have a lot of upkeep for patrols and stuff around cities I don't own :O This is gonna bankrupt me, so I have to stop playing until a fix is found.
Caba`drin said:
This bug has been located, too. Not sure how that cropped up...but I definitely agree that it needs a hot fix.

A fix has been PM'd to monnikje and he's responded that he's planning to do a patch/hot fix-style update.

I just updated from 2.1 to 2.2 and several bugs hit me.
First was that in battle minimap stopped working, there was only me in upper-right corner, didn't showed anything else.
Another was that just right after the battle there wasn't any messages floating up (but they were still in recent messages screen)
And also after the battle there wasn't option for NPC's to upgrade their inventory, just to set their upgrade, access item pool and continue.

Another one:

"Your soldiers patrolling Praven has been defeated near Suno". Just got this message. But my kingdom is on the other side of map, I didn't had any troops there, Praven and Suno still is Swadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom