Bug Reports and Known Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it never happened in the last version, and I see nothing in the new features to suggest this is supposed to happen. I keep getting X amount of experience randomly, not from training or anything, just out of the blue. I will be going along and suddenly it says "You got 52 experience-You got 33 experience-You got 58 experience" It never goes very high, the highest yet has been 250 or so. Something I am missing?

XWolfGhost said:
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it never happened in the last version, and I see nothing in the new features to suggest this is supposed to happen. I keep getting X amount of experience randomly, not from training or anything, just out of the blue. I will be going along and suddenly it says "You got 52 experience-You got 33 experience-You got 58 experience" It never goes very high, the highest yet has been 250 or so. Something I am missing?

Oh i got that one too, but i though it was some feature.

Adrius,

I too upgraded my  first "Ranger" to "Ranger".... I guess we should call him "Ranger II" since he has different armour, and I assume different stats, although I was remiss and didn't check before and after.

Also found the "Nord Warhorse" in its various permutations requires NO riding skill. I'm guessing this is an oversight.....or perhaps its there to show off the amazing sub-program that causes noobs with no riding skill to fall off their warhorse whenever it breaks into a trot....right in front of your accelerating crusader charge would be "awesome".  :twisted:

Chopa said:
  Also found the "Nord Warhorse" in its various permutations requires NO riding skill. I'm guessing this is an oversight.....or perhaps its there to show off the amazing sub-program that causes noobs with no riding skill to fall off their warhorse whenever it breaks into a trot....right in front of your accelerating crusader charge would be "awesome".  :twisted:

Not a glitch, they made it like that because of the horrible speed that they have.

Well not exactly a bug, but some kind of glitch i guess.

I was fighting some Sea Raiders in the vicinity of Sargoth. There were two stacks of them, one with 30something guys and anotherone with 20.
Attacking the bigger stack the smaller one joined the fight. The Message was something along the line: "sea raider sp joined the battle on your enemy`s side." I saw the `sea raider sp´ but didn't`t pay that much attention to this. Well i should have I guess, he-he.

The battle started and I positioned my troops without watching the enemy. Why should I, they are just slow Sea Raiders, are they? Wrong.
Out of the blue 20 Barons crushed into and through my lines, pounding my archers into the dust.

Don`t get me wrong. It was an awesome fight. But this wasn't`t the joining feature working as intended, was it?  :grin:

Nord horses are supposed to be that way.

As for all the other bugs reported so far, they can all be traced back to the same bug that happens not when a new game is created, but shortly afterwards, which is why I was having such a hard time finding it.  It should be fixed in the patch I just released.  Check this thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,58073.0.html if you don't want to lose your saved game.

That was a really well hidden bug.  I'm pretty confident I fixed it... well, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I haven't had any real problems so I just continued on without the patch, and I finally reached a +50 relationship with High Prince Yaroglek of Vaegris!

...but I didn't get any items... :sad:

My relationship with him is 59 and I've waited quite a while now...

Where's my überartifact? I worked my ass off for the old bastard!  :evil: :mrgreen:

EDIT: Might have something to do with me enabling the Dark Knights instant invasion... not sure.

You want a 50+ relation with the faction, not the faction's monarch.  And it can take up to 24 hours for delivery.

I'm still getting the bug where not only do I capture myself but I also gave myself a quest while I was in town. It happen when I was in sagoth, praven and a few other towns. Heck I even fought myself in a tournment which was epically hard lol. I updated to .560 already and started a new game yet I still get it.

Oh also, the Elite Kapto unit has the old Thane bug jianni and merc. They are equip with ivory bows but never used it cause they probably don't have arrows for it.

Btw this is probably not a bug but for some reason, the rangers and elite ones tend to perfer to use melee weapon over their bows. In fact, it seems like all the range units would prefer to use their melee over their range. Before the .550 update, units like the ivory archers and albeslters would fire their weapons more.

(Oh btw, good job you two so much improvement over the last time I played as well as the last time I was on the forum. So much improvement in the last 4 ish months? Good job.)

I've got another question, and I didn't find an answer in the feature list:

Why do I recieve some XP regularly? Simply while traveling, 63XP, 75XP and so on, a few times a day. WHere does this come from?

(I'm still playing .550)

Eh so after actually reading the dialogs of myself with myself, it seems that once you become a vassal of any of the nations, the game creates a "Lord" character of yourself for that factions and if you talk to it, it says "I am [players name] Ruler of the players factions and Lord of [whatever town/village]." Also if you ask them what are you and your men doing , it will say "I don't know 0(Players name)"

Oh and joker, update to .560 cause I think thats one of the bugs they fixed.

Joker86 said:
I've got another question, and I didn't find an answer in the feature list:

Why do I recieve some XP regularly? Simply while traveling, 63XP, 75XP and so on, a few times a day. WHere does this come from?

(I'm still playing .550)

Do you have an NPC who is higher leveled than you with Trainer? They shouldn't give you XP, AFAIK, but it's a thought.

*sigh*

Well this is certainly game breaking.  Why I never saw this in any of my testing I have no idea, but it tells me it was one of the more recent changes I made to the code that is causing it...

Clones of the player are being spawned in parties.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I have a few ideas and I'll be staying up tonight until I get it fixed and a patch out.  This is also probably the cause of the random XP gains, as the parties the clones are in do things that get them xp, the player is awarded the same xp.

EDIT: Found it and fixed it.  I really LOVE finding bugs from Native that have lain dormant until a change we make shows bad programming on their side.  Anyway, I shouldn't lay blame, I should've put more error checks into my code anyway.  Another patch is forthcoming, unfortunately it's .570 because it will break saves yet again.  But that's mainly because everyone's game is already broken anyway, they may just not realize it yet...

Double broken saves!

wormer.gif

Thanks for fixing those so fast.

I haven't seen if this has been fixed yet if anyone else has it or something is messed up on my end, but I had a couple bugs with giant red flashing SCRIPT ERROR_ENEMY_AUX_SOMETHINGSOMETHING, after the battle my inventory was messed up and I seemed to of taken aton of damage.

Next up I tell Erevan to form a raiding party because my group was full and I wanted to try one out, I get a SCRIPT ERROR COMPANY AI red flashing error and he is removed from my party and is nowhere to be found, apparently dropping off the face of the planet.

Are these known/fixed in the lastest patch? or something new?

Am using V.550 currently

Uberness said:
Next up I tell Erevan to form a raiding party because my group was full and I wanted to try one out, I get a SCRIPT ERROR COMPANY AI red flashing error and he is removed from my party and is nowhere to be found, apparently dropping off the face of the planet.

Experiencing the same issue. If it helps, it happened to me twice, both times I had just encountered myself in combat. Probably just a faction check error in there somewhere.

There were some pretty bad bugs well hidden in both 550 and 560 which is why I'm ignoring ALL bug reports from people not running 570.  When you get hidden clones of the player running around there's no telling what strange errors can occur.  So first off, upgrade to 570 and see if you get the same errors.  Second, if you DO get script errors, please tell me exactly what they are.  SOMETHINGSOMETHING is no help.

I know this is not a bug, but it's the closest thread to my problem. When I took the Native Expansion folder and took it in the Module folder. I started up my M&B and then this popup " File Corrupted!.  This program has been manipulated and maybe it's infected by a virus or cracked. The file won't work anymore." I've tried to reinstall the game with no mods and the same file come popup again.  :cry:

Some shields of bandits a.c.o. are using stoned.brf and shields.dss (shield_knightly_a -> z).
The texture does not fit, but i find no entry in itemkinds1.txt to correct this. Please could you be so kind
and tell me, how to fix this? If it is already fixed since version 550,  I am too far in my game to start a
new ones, i have tested 570, but some txt-files are breaking my savegame.

Back
Top Bottom