Bug reports and complaints topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Amrasi said:
Anyone know a workaround for my problem? >.>, I've posted about it two different times in this thread with no response while everyone else's stuff gets answered >.<, I just want my constable and advisor back if I lose my home castle >.<.

Sorry Amrasi, wish I could help you. I'm still playing as a mercenary although I have to admit that lately I'm not so into the mod because of that one handed attack which is utter **** in my opinion. That there is not more help from the mod team members is probably because of the language barrier.

Satrapold87 said:
i'v noticed thst some of the one and one-and-a-half hand swords don't appear by characters side when equipped.and is it only me or is the armet a bit small?oh and what about adding a katzbalger into the game?and a houndskull bascinet would be nice.  you could think about adding the Austrian horsemen as a recruitable unit too.hm and what about creating a Landsknecht unit-  elite Imperial infantry...but that's all up to you.
regards

You can't see most of the polearms also. The problem with the katzbalger not being added is probably because it was mostly worn and used by Landsknechts and as you have already noticed, there aren't any Landsknechts in the mod. But as you, I would also like to see them in the near future maybe, to have some ferocious battles with their bitter rivals Swiss mercenaries.

Least someone answered, thanks man.

It needs to be fixed though cause even if your a merc. king like i am, it totally ruins your game pretty much the game late-game. >.> Because then you cant train anybody, and you cant have a treasury since if you lose your home base they never come the hell back D:.

In Andermatt castle while trying to free a prisoner i encountered 2 swiss hard halberdiers without any weapons just running around the place.Couldn't kill the bastards-sword was just ''sliding'' off them.Couldn't get out of the castle either.
About the Katzbalger-worn by Landsknechts or not-it's a great looking sword that fits into time period.I think you can get a ready to use item from Talaks Armory.Ready to add.Iwould love to see a KRIEGSMESSER but don't think anybody made a model fo it. And we need more maces in the mod.A morningstar would be perfect.
Keep up the great job comrades!regards

I was trying to ask this in the forge forum but didnt get any answer to the point so maybe Ill get it from elite modders here :mrgreen: :

Couched lance cant kill both man and a horse like it was in MB. It is nice but only as long as it isnt possible with stabbing or even cutting as well. Would it be possible to do the same thing that happened to couched lances to other attacks as well? As it is much more plausible to pierce a horse and a man alike while both of you are galloping against each other that cut through horses and mens armour with sword dealing damage to both.

Only thing I found out was that it has to do something with overlapping hitboxes. :grin:

First I will mention a couple of balance issues. As someone else mentioned, archery seems to be way too powerful. Often fully armoured men are being one shotted by my bowmen (few of whom are top tier), whereas in real life an arrow may only glance off or not fully penetrate depending on where it hits the armour. Even padded gambesons gave significant protection against arrows, but in this mod it is as if every arrow on target is lethal.

Also handgunners seem to be overpowered; I had a battle against a few deserters and they shot dead two of my men within ten seconds of the battle starting, despite being very far away. I don't think they should be nearly so accurate or effective from that range. If that were the case in real life there would have been no heavy cavalry or infantry at this time, only bowmen and handgunners.

There are a couple of bugs that I can remember: I think there are some armours which aren't showing up, if I remember rightly an English horseman appeared to have an invisible torso, though not all the horsemen had this problem so perhaps it is one armour that is bugged in some way?

Another bug was that a certain troop had a strange lod that looks like a scarecrow, with arms outstretched to either side. I think it is a Flemish bandit, but I am not sure.

Sorry about the vagueness of these bug reports, I hope you manage to solve them.

Ulrich von Liechtenstein said:
Christo92 said:
Hey there, the mod looks promising, but when I load it up, I get an RGL error.
It says: Unable to open texture file - 1armoured_horse_spec.dds. (and other random armored horse files)

Maybe I installed it wrong? Hmm.

Delete mod
Unpack again Knights the last battle (v2)
This texture is in the folder. What it fails or does not install correctly mod

Thank you for the response. I'll try this when I'll have the time.

If there are problems on falling windows 7
There is a solution to the problems here
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Regarding to archery being too "powerful", I think their current damage is respectable, the current game balance is because of Mount and Blade and not Knight The Last Battle's problem.

I think part of the reason from Mount and Blade updated the accuracy from one of their patches is that mounted troops were simply over dominating the battlefield and the more accurate archery gives a bit of balance in troops selections.

A fully plated knight would have been very fortunate to sustain head shots in real life, and in the mod at this current stage, I have personally experienced that the units such as master crossbowmen and their knights sometimes can take a head shot (I have around 200 archery skill with a short bow and +4 arrows).

In real life he would be unfortunate not to sustain headshot. :mrgreen: Headshot etc is out of question all good closed helmets should have little boosted protection in compare to similar quality armour because of doubled damage. Many arrows would glance off it some simply wouldnt penetrate, Im basically speaking about cutting edge armour of the period as used for horses and men able to afford it not about ones used by ordinary soldiers. 200 proficiency, short bow, plus 4 arrows? That doesnt seem right to do any harm. On the other hand 50 longbowmen can wipe out 120 armoured halberdiers before they reach me and when using longbow I generally kill anything in two hits to the torso- armoured and unarmoured alike.

I hope I dont sound offensive I just hope this mod will experiment a little with it not simply having 40 for mail, 55 or so for plate and and thats it. All the mods are the same there could be one more where katanas dont cut hardened steel and rocket powered arrows dont take half of my health from mile away when Im using supposedly inpenetrable armour.

1257 AD mod has some nice unit stats. Combined with higher training and upkeep (like 10 times more  each) cost for well armoured units it could be interesting. :smile: I allways face armies that comprise whole half of knights (namely HRE :grin:) which isnt good Id say. 1:10 and bigger ratio would be better and facing 50 strong knights is allways worse than facing 5 superstrong IMO.

So generally Id say: Archers are good as they are (maybe do it as in 1257 so that its the arrow that determines major part of damage, not longbow?) but there should be more difference between common and high quality plate armour and between partial and full plate armour and between open and closed helmets. Only weapon damage that is too high for me is blunt damage of overhand pike attack which can defeat any helmet in 1-2 hits.

dochtorgajo said:
In real life he would be unfortunate not to sustain headshot. :mrgreen: Headshot etc is out of question all good closed helmets should have little boosted protection in compare to similar quality armour because of doubled damage. Many arrows would glance off it some simply wouldnt penetrate, Im basically speaking about cutting edge armour of the period as used for horses and men able to afford it not about ones used by ordinary soldiers. 200 proficiency, short bow, plus 4 arrows? That doesnt seem right to do any harm. On the other hand 50 longbowmen can wipe out 120 armoured halberdiers before they reach me and when using longbow I generally kill anything in two hits to the torso- armoured and unarmoured alike.

I hope I dont sound offensive I just hope this mod will experiment a little with it not simply having 40 for mail, 55 or so for plate and and thats it. All the mods are the same there could be one more where katanas dont cut hardened steel and rocket powered arrows dont take half of my health from mile away when Im using supposedly inpenetrable armour.

I think it's fine, I did not find you sound offensive, though too bias to think that a full plated knight should be arrow prof.

But I especially disagree with your views on: "200 proficiency, short bow, plus 4 arrows? That doesnt seem right to do any harm" and "In real life he would be unfortunate not to sustain headshot. :mrgreen:"

To me, that shows no awareness on balancing gameplay and a bit fantastic (as in dreaming).

Should the mod become of what you wish, Knights becomes arrow prof or highly resistant to archery, mounted armored units would become over dominating again, and even more so with the improved armour the mod already have. If so, there would be little reason for me not to have all knights for my troop and to ware only full plated armour for my character and companions.

In reality, a full plated Knight is not arrow prof, nor would it be that many knights in a troop so easily, while mount and blade is still a simple damage and it's type vs. armour + HP game, to chase the goals you wish for in this game could goes to ruined.

dochtorgajo said:
1257 AD mod has some nice unit stats. Combined with higher training and upkeep (like 10 times more  each) cost for well armoured units it could be interesting. :smile: I allways face armies that comprise whole half of knights (namely HRE :grin:) which isnt good Id say. 1:10 and bigger ratio would be better and facing 50 strong knights is allways worse than facing 5 superstrong IMO.

So generally Id say: Archers are good as they are (maybe do it as in 1257 so that its the arrow that determines major part of damage, not longbow?) but there should be more difference between common and high quality plate armour and between partial and full plate armour and between open and closed helmets. Only weapon damage that is too high for me is blunt damage of overhand pike attack which can defeat any helmet in 1-2 hits.

First of all, the tilt of raising upkeep of these super knights you desire would not stop players from having a large amount of Knights in their troops. Money would not be a problem in Mont and Blade, espically in 1257 where there are that many towns for you to build enterprises and trade.

Secondly, 1257 is a different mod, like your goal they also focus on the value of armour and negalet archery such as their armour value is very high and your player character's archery skill is limited to level 4 only. Personally, the armour value being that great does not contribute to the gameplay while limiting your player's skill takes away the freedom on how players wish to develop their characters. Further, their changes while is a nice difference or may be satisfy for those who aim for a feel of reality, the usage and outcome does not post a significant impact.

Their change on damage base on arrow instead of the bow is their signature change on item modding since the mod is highly popular, I don't feel Knight The Last Battle should or need to copy it.

In contrary, here in Knight The Last Battle, there are strong armour units that to me, post greater threats than the units in 1257, armored crossbowmen with high armour value and great accuracy has always been a problem for me. Unless you have a large amout of HP, there is no point to ware a helm as their head shots are legendary.

It's a very serious matter. May be this article about testing longbow helps to find the right answer:

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/artsci/docs/Champ_Bane_Archery-Testing.pdf

Any1 had this problem? Right now Im in reims town, so after about 1-3 in-game hours it automatically crashes. You can do anything, running on the map, sleeping in town, waiting in camp or space waiting, it just always crashes. Before Reims Ive been fighting in siege Liege town (failed battle), then raiding some villages, then reims. Im playing as England.

I get crashes normally after a fight after looting when i get out of screen to get to map.

It crashes sometimes in the open too, RGL error, Microsoft Runtime c++ errors, and just today; unable to open texture file modules\knightsthelastbattle\\textures\quartered-fr.dds

What's going on here?!!!!! I love the mod but it crashes so often!!!

Ezroul said:
I get crashes normally after a fight after looting when i get out of screen to get to map.

It crashes sometimes in the open too, RGL error, Microsoft Runtime c++ errors, and just today; unable to open texture file modules\knightsthelastbattle\\textures\quartered-fr.dds

Install the mod again. You tried to edit a file? Do you have a problem that is not nobody else

quartered_fr

523452.jpg

Dear All,

Similar to Ezroul, I'm having trouble with this Mod. I love it very much since I enjoy Musket and Line Battles and this Mod has good potential for it! But, I keep crashing. I tried everything suggested in this thread. I noted that this Mod takes up a large amount of Ram. Typically, once it reaches 2 GB Ram for me, the game crashes. At normal non-battles, the game loads up to 1.2 GB Ram while I'm just walking around the world map.

Any idea how I can fix this and no longer crash?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Customize : 50 %
50dad74a0429.jpg
Do not put a lot of objects. On the battlefield, soldiers must not be more than 200

BattleSizer - program memory killer

Do not put yourself Polished Landscapes, it's already built into the mod

Do not try to use the files flora_kinds end ground_specs in this case add a lot of trees. The larger the objects the stronger the load on the graphics card

There is a folder of files flora_kinds end ground_specs

highq.jpg

Deleted files flora_kinds end ground_specs

low0.jpg

The smaller the polygons, the better. The result of many soldiers in the field and no slowdowns and crashes.

2313.jpg

79028142.jpg

Configure the host performance and will be all right.
That is so nice and works fine mod
Many trees and soldiers 200.

223123.jpg

Ulrich von Liechtenstein said:
Ezroul said:

Install the mod again. You tried to edit a file? Do you have a problem that is not nobody else

quartered_fr

523452.jpg

No I never edited any files... Do you think I need to decrease the graphics settings?? or change settings?

First i want to say that i love this mod.. but there is few things that make me crazy :mrgreen:
Some time i stuck on invisble walls on battlefield (not edge of map) and when i stuck i get killd by enemy knights It is frustrating.
And last battle i stuck on small rock on field (wtf?) and i get killed ,so my army at that point was on hold position but i lost battle becouse enemy archers was shooting at them with close range. Problem is my soliders just stand there do nothing to kill enemy archers. It is like our lord is dead but we will stand here while enemy archers standing next to them and owned them all . (Good plan :grin:)Will be a good thing if im dead my army start to charge.

Xelvod, Knights Team now is working on problem of the invisible walls.
It will be solved in next patches. As soon, as possible.

Thanks to all of you, guys, for good words about Knights The Last Battle!

Back
Top Bottom