Bug Reports: 1.6 (Alpha)

Users who are viewing this thread

MelanieWard said:
Oh, I really like the new things so far!  Jeremus has a special trident!

Trident_zps6d843d44.jpg

Female faces are much improved!  However, the following sliders are currently disabled:  Eye to Eye Distance, Nose Size, Mouth Width, Chin Size.

Also, many food items are completely invisible in Inventory (including merchant inventories).
InvisibleFood_zps9b5ec326.jpg

Last, overhead banners for troops in battle are blank circles.  The banners work properly on the campaign map; it's only in battle that they are blank.

This is such brilliant work.  I sat there and admired the water after winning a battle...it's lovely.

Omfg i had this problem a long time ago and everyone said my specs were to low D:

If you havent got any problem about not seeing how much food ye got you can carry on playing, i just used tweakMB to change when people eat from every 2 hours to ever 999999...

so yeah cheating...

DragonboyWonder said:
If you havent got any problem about not seeing how much food ye got you can carry on playing, i just used tweakMB to change when people eat from every 2 hours to ever 999999...

so yeah cheating...

Cheating isn't a legitimate bug fix... Just up your graphic settings.

Lemmy said:
The merc canonneers and swadian hangonners dont use their weapons very well, sometimes they  dont shoot, other times shoot once and stop, looks like some of units spawn with no ammo.

That's because their firearm/cannon skills are at 0. If you use Morgh's Mount and Blade editor (you can find it on the forums somewhere), you can change their firearms and cannons skill to 150 or so, and they'll actually use their weapons like normal. Also, merc cannoneers don't have the proper ammunition either, so feel free to fix that while you're in there, too.
I personally took away the Merc Cannoneer's siege handcannons (firearm, uses bullets) and gave them cannon ammunition to go with their grenade throwers.

bushman79 said:
So far I've only really encountered two bugs. The first is missing/unsupported troop commands during battle and the whole right side lighting up with a rash of commands and errors every time I select a group of men and/or issue orders. The second thing I've encountered, which may or may not be an actual bug, is the Light Arquebus musket I've been using being counted as a crossbow instead of a firearm. I don't know if it's just that particular firearm or if all will act this way on my version, I'll post again if any others do the same.

All crossbows and firearms are in the same category. They use the same ammunition and the same weapon proficiency. The reason for that is because the "firearm" spot in weapon proficiencies got replaced with Cannons. Just some of the firearms fire multiple bullets at once (matchlocks, siegehandcannons, and dragons I think).

Hi guys,

in a defence siege (me 1500 vs 3400), there is Always only one wave of enemies that spawns. After that wave is destroyed, the battle ends "the battle is over but the siege continous". Then the enemy sieges again, and only one wave of enemies spawns.

Is this normal? I mean in native, after one wave is defeated ; another one spawns.

he took out the reinforcement waves?? Whats the point in having huge number of troops , if they cannot fight one continous battle? I thought the spirit of the mod was to have huge battles? I understand some people pc would crash, but mine never did back with 1.251 (?). And there were also some huuuge battles.

Is there a way to change this?

Well, it was crashing so much and so frequently for me that I couldn't really test it properly any more.  The Warband engine's stability when dealing with memory is pretty awful and there's a memory leak when successive spawns happen that eventually hits the 32-bit memory limit with huge fights every time, even if the mod kept well under the limit otherwise.

I'll probably test with 1.158 and see if this was ever fixed, but I kind of doubt it. 

Of course, now that I know a few things I didn't know back then about how memory works in Warband... there are other things that can be done, like getting rid of all of the useless Scenes that eat memory like candy, cutting way back on texture use for certain things, etc.- there are whole areas of optimization that I never really explored, that might allow for the epic, two-hour-long slaughterfests to return to the mod someday... if I ever have the time / passion for working on it seriously again :smile:

Hi I've been really enjoying the mod for a little while now and I was wondering if I should bother posting bugs?

Im only asking because there hasn't been much talk on the forums recently.

The lords arent recruiting troops. After they get beaten they leave the castle/town with just their Aleph. Then they get beaten again(by bandits mostly) and it repeats this way.
Or they don't leave the castles at all. 2/2 Armies all over the map. I can take over entire kingdoms by myself because the lords aren't doing jack ****.

I keep getting a very annoying bug.  Whenever i take a town or castle my cash balance gets set back to 0.  Is there any way to fix this?  Also i seem to have lost the option to wait and see what my vassals opinion on who the castle/town should belong to.  Instead i automatically say i want it for myself.

xenoargh said:
Please submit bug reports for version 1.53 here.

Bug report guidelines:

1.  If it involves a consistent engine crash:
A.  Have you updated Warband to the current version yet?
B.  Try turning your battle sizes down.  Blood and Steel has higher resource requirements than Warband.  Not by a huge amount, but it all adds up.
C.  If that doesn't work, try turning music off.
D.  If that doesn't work, try DirectX 7 rendering.
E.  Turn off Realistic Weather, by clicking Camp, Mod Options, Realistic Weather: OFF.
F.  Try deleting flora_kinds.txt from the /data sub-folder.  Apparently the new scenery causes problems for some users, and this fixes it.
G.  If none of that works, report a bug.
H.  If you're reporting a bug, hunt down your RGL log, take a screenshot, or otherwise try and tell me as much as possible about what went wrong and when it happens.

2.  If it's gameplay related (something acts funny, or does something illogical, but the game runs), it's probably something I can fix. 
A.  Let me know what it is.
B.  Let me know how to reproduce it, if possible.

3.  If it's just something you don't like, it's a Feature Request, not a bug.

4.  Bugs are normal parts of building a big project.  Please don't flame me, I'm working for free here :smile:
5.  As the name suggests, 1.6 is in an alpha state in a couple of areas.  Expect more bugs than usual.

Hello. I have been playing Blood and Steel for quite some time and then a took a break. I few months later I went back on and made a new character. I started playing and suddenley the screen goes all weird and everything is black. You can see characters through tiny bubbles on the screen and sometimes there is a bit of green and red on the screen. I can't play like this. This only happenes at night and it really bugs me. Please help.
Thanks
Spezel

Spezel said:
xenoargh said:
Please submit bug reports for version 1.53 here.

Bug report guidelines:

1.  If it involves a consistent engine crash:
A.  Have you updated Warband to the current version yet?
B.  Try turning your battle sizes down.  Blood and Steel has higher resource requirements than Warband.  Not by a huge amount, but it all adds up.
C.  If that doesn't work, try turning music off.
D.  If that doesn't work, try DirectX 7 rendering.
E.  Turn off Realistic Weather, by clicking Camp, Mod Options, Realistic Weather: OFF.
F.  Try deleting flora_kinds.txt from the /data sub-folder.  Apparently the new scenery causes problems for some users, and this fixes it.
G.  If none of that works, report a bug.
H.  If you're reporting a bug, hunt down your RGL log, take a screenshot, or otherwise try and tell me as much as possible about what went wrong and when it happens.

2.  If it's gameplay related (something acts funny, or does something illogical, but the game runs), it's probably something I can fix. 
A.  Let me know what it is.
B.  Let me know how to reproduce it, if possible.

3.  If it's just something you don't like, it's a Feature Request, not a bug.

4.  Bugs are normal parts of building a big project.  Please don't flame me, I'm working for free here :smile:
5.  As the name suggests, 1.6 is in an alpha state in a couple of areas.  Expect more bugs than usual.

Hello. I have been playing Blood and Steel for quite some time and then a took a break. I few months later I went back on and made a new character. I started playing and suddenley the screen goes all weird and everything is black. You can see characters through tiny bubbles on the screen and sometimes there is a bit of green and red on the screen. I can't play like this. This only happenes at night and it really bugs me. Please help.
Thanks
Spezel

Hey man, I don't know how to fix your problem, but posting it here probably won't help.  The last time they updated the game was back in 2013.  I think it's safe to say that this project is dead.

Having an issue with the Army of light, once they showed up they came and asked the have i seen any evil question. The issue is after i answered them they paused for a second and then came and asked me again over and over. I'm playing on the please mommy difficulty and 100% evil. I dont get why they just keep asking me instead of trying to attack me. Games been great so far, but this has made it unplayable as they are faster than me and i get the prompt every 5 seconds. Keep up the good work though, really loving it so far.

hey, so I'm having a problem updating the game to 1.6. The patch from nexus doesn't appear to work. The mod won't update and is stuck at 1.0, evidenced by the "1.0" next to the name on the menu screen. There were others that reported this problem on the Nexus page as well, but the comments there have been locked. a little help would be immensely appreciated.

So its been a really long time since I played Blood and Steal or Warband for that matter, but when I started the game I noticed something was off. The recruits you get right off the bat from basic villages were on horseback. Now my memory could just be way off but I'm pretty sure that's not right. Was there a change made to the mod? Or is it some kind of bug or something?

Back
Top Bottom