Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Users who are viewing this thread

Vae_Victus984 said:
JudasIscariot said:
I crash upon entrance to some taverns. Not all, but some. Annoying when I haven't saved for a while.

I had the same problem

Answer
othr said:
Quick fix for the skyboxes, open module.ini in a text editor find the line:

load_mod_resource=skyboxes

replace with

load_resource=skyboxes

then go to 'Data' in the module's folder and delete the file called 'skyboxes.txt' from there.

Or it could be a random crash this is still a pre-beta :smile:
it denied me the access, i can't modify the module.ini file  :sad:

Gal2 said:
Vae_Victus984 said:
JudasIscariot said:
I crash upon entrance to some taverns. Not all, but some. Annoying when I haven't saved for a while.

I had the same problem

Answer
othr said:
Quick fix for the skyboxes, open module.ini in a text editor find the line:

load_mod_resource=skyboxes

replace with

load_resource=skyboxes

then go to 'Data' in the module's folder and delete the file called 'skyboxes.txt' from there.

Or it could be a random crash this is still a pre-beta :smile:
it denied me the access, i can't modify the module.ini file  :sad:

It means that for some reason the file is read-only for you you need to change it .

Here's the exact error message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program:...steam\steamapps\common\mountbladewarband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Any ideas?

Jestus said:

Any ideas?

I'm not sure but this sounds like what I was getting before I applied the fix for 32 bit OSs which can be found elsewhere in this forum.

Riven3 said:
Sidus Preclarum said:
Riven3 said:
I'm not finding looters, bandits etc in my game too, at least in Spain and north of Africa.

Uh, started in Spain, and it's full of looters. Bad luck for you, I'd say.
Then is something random. I'll try to begin another game.
The thing is, I receive lot of spam from bandit scripts and it says:

DEBUG: Doing spawn bandit script
common bandits:15
forest bandits: 1
sea
raiders: 9
robber knights: 4

Lairs

steppe: 0
common: 1
sea
raider: 1
forest:1
desert:0
knights:0

Then another one with similar numbers. always come in pairs. So if this is the number of bandits in all the map, no way I can find them :smile:

EDIT: Another problem I've found is that I don't receive tasks from lords or king of crown of Aragon. They even go to war without asking me to join them! :sad:

I have this same problem. I posted a picture.

I turned cheat mode on. I can see ALL lord parties, all patrols, but no bandits, no lairs no nothing...

Yes yes I know other people can see bandits but, fact remains.. at least two of us are getting this DEBUG spawn thing.. with no bandits.

I had no problems seeing bandits etc in pre9.

Any idea what this could be? Already tried reinstall :/

Maybe you're killing them too fast, slow down  :razz:

The display you showed there shows how many active bandit parties there are by the way.  So you have at least 24 active ones, then the script spawns more.

othr said:

The display you showed there shows how many active bandit parties there are by the way.  So you have at least 24 active ones, then the script spawns more.

I personally haven't killed any because I can't see none. I saw one looters group a few days ago (game time) but that's all. No clue here

Riven3 said:
othr said:

I personally haven't killed any because I can't see none. I saw one looters group a few days ago (game time) but that's all. No clue here

How large is your party, chances are the looters and bandits are fleeing away from you before you are able to see them, increase your scouting skill

I have the bandit- debug message but there's a lot of bandits in my game..

But here's a weird thing I found:

archers won't switch to close combat weapons.

They just run against enemies and fire arrows from 2 inches. That makes them pretty much useless against infantry, since they can't block with the friggin bows.

I'll try to look if they even have swords in their inventory.

I guess you go the wrong Straßburg.

The one you put in is a small town in Carinthia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stra%C3%9Fburg,_Austria), but I deem you rather mean the then and still important town (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg) in the Alsace region which was fought over by france and germany numerous times in history. It was part of the HRE in 1257 though, as was the carinthian town (which was a small market town back then), so the map is still correct.

In german, both towns are called the same, "Straßburg", so I guess it's easy to mix them up.

Rattus said:
I guess you go the wrong Straßburg.

The one you put in is a small town in Carinthia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stra%C3%9Fburg,_Austria), but I deem you rather mean the then and still important town (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg) in the Alsace region which was fought over by france and germany numerous times in history. It was part of the HRE in 1257 though, as was the carinthian town (which was a small market town back then), so the map is still correct.

In german, both towns are called the same, "Straßburg", so I guess it's easy to mix them up.
Both used to be ingame one named Strassburg and the other Straßburg.
I guess othr removed one of them for some reason.

Jestus said:

Any ideas?

Try this one:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,167.0.html

Had the exact same problem before but now it runs like a charm :smile:

ok so I went to fight a noble and I got an RGL error ..."unable to open texture file Modules\1257ad\\Textures\bushes.dds" any help?

My royal constable ( made my own kingdom ) is naked i fix it but i have to start all over again, is there a way of accomplishing that without the need to start all over again?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vae_Victus984 said:
My royal constable ( made my own kingdom ) is naked i fix it but i have to start all over again, is there a way of accomplishing that without the need to start all over again?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No, I added some helmets in the patch and that makes it the constable naked.  I found that adding those helmets and keeping the patch save-compatible was definitely worth the naked constable.

i have a problem when i made my own kingdom i had the places where i could recruit templars and hospitallers and the teutons and they changed to the regular serf levies light cavalry and town levys i was wondering what happened you should make it where you pick your culture and you should make templars and hospitallers the main units for crusader states so if i picked the culture of crusader states i would have hospitaller knights and templar knights and i was wondering if you plan on adding the recruit lords option along with getting lords from other nations but where you can recruit random lords?

Back
Top Bottom