Bug Report [Version 0.7]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really . . . again?  Once again, changing your culture does not actually affect the troops you are able to recruit from your villages.  I have been reporting this bug, and being assured it is fixed, for three versions now.  :???:

Malorn said:
Michadr said:
Malorn said:
I do hope the faction culture bug is on the fixing plate for this release.
Explain :smile:

When selecting faction culture in the kingdom management screen, your lords respect your culture choice, but your villages still only allow you to recruit Perisno recruits.  I've . . . been down this road before.

Malorn said:
Hey all,

I considered putting this in bug reports, but I'd like some feedback first to make sure it is a bug.  Having made my own kingdom, I chose my Kingdom culture as I would normally.  Problem is that while my lord get the proper troops, my villages still recruit Perisno troops.  I send out recruiters with orders to find Redwood troops, they come back with a mishmash of Redwood, Perisno, and Tolranian troops.  I assume this is not intended behavior?

Edit:  After searching I discovered that I have reported this issue as a bug before.  Also S.U. mentioned it had been dealt with.

Something unusual said:
Yeah that is a bug we are fixing. It's really simple so no worries, we just have a lot of stuff to do so it sometimes gets forgotten (I'm assuming you are talking about changing the culture of recruits to not only be Perisno recruits).   

So I guess the question is, are other people still having this issue, and if so, can we fix it for 6.1?

Malorn said:
I have an odd problem.  I just founded my own kingdom, and now all of my villages offer 'Perisno Recruits' when I want to recruit from them.  So far so good, except that my kingdom's culture is set to 'Redwood' and thus I would expect that I would be able to recruit redwood forces.  Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a bug on my hands?

I know this is probably a rare issue, since people don't around to kingdom building, and a lot of people are happy to have the normal troops.  But if I just spent $200,000 to change my culture . . . it would make me sad to discover it didn't work.  (I cheated horribly just to test this bug, because I had a feeling about it.)  :sad:

Malorn said:
Oh really . . . again?  Once again, changing your culture does not actually affect the troops you are able to recruit from your villages.  I have been reporting this bug, and being assured it is fixed, for three versions now.  :???:

Changing culture will not just magically make all villages spawn said troops instantly, you have to give them a couple weeks in order for them to spawn the specific culture troops!

Additionally, my recruiters that I send out from the city do not have an option to recruit perisno troops, which means that even if I were to accept the fact that I can't have any other sort of troops, I still can't recruit them except by walking around to each village on my own.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Changing culture will not just magically make all villages spawn said troops instantly, you have to give them a couple weeks in order for them to spawn the specific culture troops!

Oh please, I really hope that's true.  Please let that be true.

Malorn said:
Additionally, my recruiters that I send out from the city do not have an option to recruit perisno troops, which means that even if I were to accept the fact that I can't have any other sort of troops, I still can't recruit them except by walking around to each village on my own.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:

Oh please, I really hope that's true.  Please let that be true.

It HAS to be true, the same logic applies with your vassals, they will not instantly replace their soldiers with your fixed culture ones right of the bat, they need time to slowly and surely replace their manpower.

As for villages: they keep recruit quota for a while until the next time the game's code tells those villages to "randomize recruits".

It takes about 5-8 days to switch recruits in surrounding villages of town/castle after capturing by another faction, same must be here, if this feature works of course.

Weird, it changes to Perisno instantly . . . well I'm testing it as we speak, so we shall have an answer.  The thing about being able to send out recruiters to recruit perisno troops, that's probably still a bug regardless.

New weirdness.  When I recruit a patrol, it doesn't use my current culture, nor perisno troops.  Instead it uses the troops from the original owner's culture.  When my advisor's organize patrols (mostly scouts), they are always named perisno scouts (despite my kingdom being named something different), and have perisno troops.

Hokay, new surprise bug related to last bug.  Perisno Scouts don't count towards the max patrol limit.  Your advisors will keep recruiting patrols forever.  I'm seeing something like 50 groups of Perisno Scout parties, and they keep recruiting more.

T.L.S. said:
It takes about 5-8 days to switch recruits in surrounding villages of town/castle after capturing by another faction, same must be here, if this feature works of course.

20 days of test game.  It still offers only perisno recruits at all villages, both mine and vassals.  Vassals recruit Elvari troops as expected.  Oddly, castles and towns seem to actually recruit some Elvari troops, but also recruit from their base culture (Falcon) as well.  This includes the castles I own, which I didn't think would recruit anything.

In short, I really think this is a bug, and it's a very old one.  It is really demoralizing to reach the endgame, finally be able to start a kingdom, and then discover a bunch of bugs.  I'm guessing, since I'm the only person who ever finds this bug, that most people don't start kingdoms.  I would be happy to act as a dedicated tester for this bug.  Send me files you hope will fix it, I will check it.  And then I will do it again.  If I knew how to mod in warband, I'd try fixing it myself, but I don't know python.

I really respect the amount of effort and work this mod clearly represents.  I can see the craftsmenship in the depth and polish in Perisno.  Please don't misunderstand, I just keep running into this same bug.

Seems like a bug or a rather large imbalance since they seem to be quite common:

Light Crossbows > Perisno Hunting Crossbow
<1/2 price
Lower Difficulty
More Damage
More Accuracy
More Speed
More Missile Speed

I'd recommend buffing the Perisno Hunting Crossbow Stats

Michadr said:
FreDsDeaD said:
this prisoner thing needs to get fixed asap this is super annoying nothin like get 50+ prisoners and watch them disappear right before you get to the town.....
Working on it. reporting it over and over is not going to help anything :wink:
For the time being, there is a way to get around this, as a lot of players may be aware, up to you if you use it, it is a cheat  :roll:

You can use the teleport when it looks like night is approaching, sell your prisoners at the nearest Town, then teleport back to where you were. That is what I am doing and though not ideal and would usually be considered a cheat, is very easy to do.  (Hold the Ctrl key and left click the mouse where you want to go) 
Edit: I have just discovered you can sell your prisoners to nearby Glory Seeking men, not sure if there are restrictions, but it is a nice addition.

Tough Choices... hmmm...

mb1_zps330fadaa.jpg

Ohai Mr. King Sultan, where's your banner?

mb2_zps55ec2648.jpg

EDIT: This issue actually occurs with several lords, i will put a complete list at a later date.

EDIT 2: BUT WAIT!!! There's more!

The banner DOES get displayed in other instances like in the world map, for example this town is owned by Mr King Sultan and his banner is clearly displayed in the world map despite not showing up in the menu screens.

mb3_zps2e88494c.jpg

EDIT 3:
Here's the list of lord that are not displaying their banner:
Emperor Hakkon II
Field Marshal Gunnar
Kaiser Otto IV
King Ingveld
King Torlian
Queen Arlina
Sultan Yusuf al-Salah

I think a see a pattern here, hmmmm...

I did not check the invading faction (The Zann) because i don't want to wait for them to appear, but i would assume that the Emperor Zann also has this issue.

Odly enough the Dwarf King does not have this issue.

It's just a small issue, but after upgrading to 0.7 the grassy part on the world map (Tolrania, Redwood areas etc) starts 'contrasting' every time I zoom in or out. It goes from light green to dark green then to light green. It kind of remind me of Aluminium foil, and it's only the grassy area, the snowy Drachen and desert Drahara is fine.

EDIT 3:
Here's the list of lord that are not displaying their banner:
It's similiar with test version bug, when faction heraldics were not displayed in war/peace/agreements windows
And factions are all the same (Only Maccavia and Kaikoth acting well).

some bugs i found :

1st. : hunting black rihnos this is what i get, and they don`t spawn  :mrgreen:

http://postimg.org/image/qxy41v0wp/

http://postimg.org/image/m34f3l2l5/

2nd: the F7 - Stand Closer command  it also  does something else  :neutral:

http://postimg.org/image/6f37wsmzd/

3rd:  aparently There is Mutual Love between Tolrania and Maccavia  :mrgreen:

http://postimg.org/image/mxlwsi449/

http://postimg.org/image/zeskfnza1/

note here: tolrania and  maccavia were having a truce when i found this little love nest  :wink:

4th : aparently the Tavern in Leuven has a " Merry & Pippin night play"  :lol:

http://postimg.org/image/9xa5w2hjt/

This is not a bug, if factions are not at war lords can hide in other faction castles/towns and even sitting there for weeks if not enought troops. Native has same problem.

Looked for prisoners bug for some time -
If Dreaded One spawned ALL parties around the map start loosing their prisoners at midnight and castles/towns loosing them too but every 10-12 days (can't say for sure what period of this, but seen four times sinchronic prisoners cleanup in 3 nearby fiefs).
If Dreaded One not spawned yet, ONLY PLAYER loosing prisoners.

T.L.S. said:
This is not a bug, if factions are not at war lords can hide in other faction castles/towns and even sitting there for weeks if not enought troops. Native has same problem.

Looked for prisoners bug for some time -
If Dreaded One spawned ALL parties around the map start loosing their prisoners at midnight and castles/towns loosing them too but every 10-12 days (can't say for sure what period of this, but seen four times sinchronic prisoners cleanup in 3 nearby fiefs).
If Dreaded One not spawned yet, ONLY PLAYER loosing prisoners.

ow didn`t know that.

btw Desouk Slavers don`t lose prisoners like the rest ^_^ for one reason or another

If you enter the church fort of mallakiri
you will see that:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36348118636779093/8CC93F9987A623E7DC2F97516F14E7FC17D13109/

and when you leave:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36348118636773686/38F3D673458B22EE533651F850DF7AD4060E7B6A/

the same isssure happens in every hidden map mark i encounter.

I dont know if this is an bug or i just cant find the trigger but if i enter the old perisno ruins i cant  leave them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom