Bug Report [Version 0.7]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gsanders said:
Carew said:
There is an anvil "shop" in the back left corner as you come into the large castle area, I assumed that was where he was supposed to be.

Ok that's a different issue than merchants in the tavern, in terms of code.  I should find if there's merchants for weapons, armor, and horses in ANY city when you choose "go for a walk in the town".

Are you sure you don't want a volunteer job as a tester?  Michadr may be happy to see these :smile:  I am
Tester positions are usually only given out when we have a new version that we want a few people of the community to see, and when that happens we usually have a thread posted where you can sign up to be a tester for that version.

I can load up the editor and see if they are in the scene in mine(which they obviously won't be), but if it's just an error in my game then that doesn't really matter.

One more:Under notes>characters there is a listing for "Error - knight 1 1  wife should not appear in the game".

I'd point that out to mine when she bugs me when I'm playing, but I'm not sure I specced into that much bravery. I am quite happy to post errors I come across, but with work and family my time here can be erratic and I don't want to screw you guys around and hold things up. Get a young fella on it, holidays are almost upon us they'll have heaps of time.

Carew said:
I can load up the editor and see if they are in the scene in mine(which they obviously won't be), but if it's just an error in my game then that doesn't really matter.

One more:Under notes>characters there is a listing for "Error - knight 1 1  wife should not appear in the game".

I'd point that out to mine when she bugs me when I'm playing, but I'm not sure I specced into that much bravery. I am quite happy to post errors I come across, but with work and family my time here can be erratic and I don't want to screw you guys around and hold things up. Get a young fella on it, holidays are almost upon us they'll have heaps of time.

I changed that text to be  Lady Lele in the last patch I put up, not to worry.  She's a placeholder / marker.  I explicitly set her to not show a note but theres a lot of routines that manipulate status of ladies and they update notes, so it's probably a side effect of checking for relations.  But the current patch that's Lady Lele  as in "Lele'Maichitsa"  a small children's expression said by piglet in Winnie the Pooh here, idiom like  "oh my goodness"

Carew said:
Check the spawn points for merchant NPC's in Murdenholl.  None of them are spawned in my game.

Only thing I've found so far and I've been looking.

I don't know if I'm just lucky but I did get them spawned here, day and night (seems like my position in the city changes if its night)
see this savegame (with admittedly over-wealthy Elf male char)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEVWx0d0NieWxWNWM/view?usp=sharing

---
  I see I still need to tweak giving villages more money.  I didnt want to disturb things this close to release, but it will be in next rev
".73".  The jump from .70 to .71 is big. the jumps out of .71 may be faster and smaller.

I'll try to work in some love for formations, lord recruiting, and the odd bugs I can see reproduced.  Still trying to be a redwood lord on this toon to talk to the scribe and see if Princess Linthradil can be sweet talked into a wedding cutscene, which I'll save before hand to replay again and again until she either has a dress or I see why that is, if it is anymore.  She changed from being a human woman to elf woman in the past week, but the gender check should have been happy with all races.  It seems happy elsewhere...

- GS

halt317 said:
Hi I just want to keep track of replies so ignore this message! Again... Good work blah blah blah. Can't wait till 0.71 HYPE HYPE HYPE :mrgreen:
aha so you wrote on Sept 3 about .71, called me out on my so-called "god mode" posts 2 months later (on my first week on the job), and then just want to see replies twice.  OK I give you a  post++  for your counter  :/

- GS

Teggs said:
"View companion mission report" tells me I have "No companions in service".  It says that no matter if they are in the party or on a mission at the time.

Please remember to spread the ages when you work on your family trees (I know there are other issues).  19-year-old Grandmothers. :smile:

Cheers.

Did that.  I'm still tweaking the algorithm but its good enough for .71 to not be delayed further.  Grandmothers really
do have ages showing.  You'll note the white hair on them, for example, in notes.  Also its dynamic and random, every
game a different family tree.  Next mini-version (.73? .75?) it should be exactly perfect, without cross border entanglements
(although that's possibly* a feature)

Making a list of {unresolved / is it still open / is this tested closed?} statuses, thus the lazy reply months later.

- GS

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
I have a question:

Do all females have the same presets for physical apparence customization despite their race?

Currently i am messing with Edit Mode and i couldn't help but notice that all females have the same set of skin tones, hairs and colors.

Is this intended? I was under the impression they would have different customization aspects considering the different races and all that.

Also, there's like 4-5 skin options total for female characters and they are essentially all the same with only different tones.
even more ALSO, there is no white hair available anymore! 0.6 had white hair as an option.

It just seems vastly less complete compared to male character customization which has a lot of options available.

It makes me think it was not intended to be this way.

I'm also curious about this, for a future release.  Its not a .71 issue that can be addressed, but I think its a good bump for
.80 / "someday"

Michadr said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
I have a question:

Do all females have the same presets for physical apparence customization despite their race?

Currently i am messing with Edit Mode and i couldn't help but notice that all females have the same set of skin tones, hairs and colors.

Is this intended? I was under the impression they would have different customization aspects considering the different races and all that.

Also, there's like 4-5 skin options total for female characters and they are essentially all the same with only different tones.
even more ALSO, there is no white hair available anymore! 0.6 had white hair as an option.

It just seems vastly less complete compared to male character customization which has a lot of options available.

It makes me think it was not intended to be this way.
It is like that because of a last minute issue we had with the races which still didn't work :sad:
the Elven ladies are supposed to have different faces and Im trying to make that happen for 0.71

well that's a lot of work, but maybe if we're nice for Christmas/New Years, as a nice carrot of sorts with the
yet mythical "interim .75"?  I think gender is put away but I don't want to delay .71 further. 

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Two things that struck me as odd.

While checking on the Falcon Lords, i encontered that most of them are related to lord of the Valahir Clan. Now, i know that the idea of the Falcons is that they come from everywhere and that the kingdom itself it's a mixture of the other kingdoms, but still:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/mb7_zps697d474f.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/mb8_zps1ba47a5b.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/mb6_zpsb473606e.jpg

These guys for example, most of their family is Valahir. Somehow i don't think this was intended.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/mb10_zpse903b674.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g41/dark_omega/mb9_zps98c88668.jpg

And these two guys have no family at all. I found out about this because i tried to see if i could marry a lady from the Realm of the Falcon, but there are none, i can't marry a falcon lady!

The other thing is that the Dwarves also have no ladies at all, not even from other kingdoms. In fact, they are not related to anyone, at all.

I may be wrong on all this but I'll take a wild guess and say that it was not intended to be this way.

I still get cross border relations.  This is the native 1.158 code that assigns virtual families to parentless people, then attempts
to fix up relationships in the new families.  It works fairly well when there are 20 lords/ladies but poorly when under 10 ladies/lords, as the method used to assign parents needs strong tweaking for little kingdoms.  I did get it better but its still
raiding ladies from the next kingdom on the list; Valahir come after Falcons, and before Dwarves.  Zann come after Dwarves,
thus there are some leaks, even with my newer family generator.  I think though this week's families are more robust, with
families in Falcon, Dwarf, and Valahir giving marry-able ladies with fathers/guardian brothers and resetting (sometimes) their "original_faction".  It sure took more time than I'd like, as a Work In Progress, and I'm not 1000% satisfied yet.  So the perfect families are a next rev issue, but I urge you to consider how they've changed this last week as proof we care...

- GS

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Should i point out spelling errors in the mod? or am i going to look like some sort of grammar nazi if i start doing that?

Did it for you this last month.  Changed at least 40 instances where the grammar or spelling were inconsistent.

Changed "at least" 2000 instances of gender varying dialog to get follow a test made with every line spoken.

- GS

READER'S DIGEST REPORT:

Perisno 71 patch list and possible open issues list

Changelog .71

1) Gender issues, where non human races were confused as to gender,
are gone.  We now spare them embarrassment by peeking in their
shorts for them.

2a) Families of Kingdom Lords and Ladies are now more frequent
and sometimes more complex.
2b) Ladies from Elf and Dwarf kingdoms (by birth) are Elven and Dwarven races.
2c) Falcon ladies are available and marryable, as are Dwarven ladies.
2d) Some ladies accompany the Zann.
2e) Some ladies have been married cross borders as was custom in those days.
  Ladies showing as belonging to a king and his faction have a chance to show
  at feasts even if they have no father or guardian assigned. (But courting them
  remains WIP (work in progress))
2f) the 2 Princesses and Queen Trisna no longer are assigned female love interests
    at start of game, which should make for less competition for players seeking
    to court them.

3) Player enterprises no longer have a 7 day timer before being available to
contribute to paydays.

4) Village improvements cost is lowered; your peasants can now make
caltrops, ditches, and other improvements at less cost, in line with
their smaller size and income compared to cities and castles.

plus these fixes made before Oct 28th:

5) Dread One no longer steals prisoners at midnight.

6) All three player races (Human, Elf, Dwarf) can make female charachters.
  Elf has slightly different face than the others.

7) Perisno Ruins can be entered and left again; in .70 that was difficult

:cool:

open issues:
a) Elf charachters with noble fathers still don't get a banner at start of game. 
They get one upon swearing fealty to a king (or becoming one). Tested confirmed
neither male nor female get banner - GS

b) Savegame compatibility with .70 savegames without the forum supplied prisoner
bug patch is *not* guaranteed.

c) many ask about {formations
                    lord recruiting
                    economy changes such as tax inefficiency}
    those will be reviewed after .71 release, possibly as a ".75"

d) mesh error on Valahir lords armor (reported sept 1,
    I *confirm* seeing it still in character notes).

e) asking traveller's about companions that are now in cities hidden
  by the player's fog of war gives dialog  x is in x
  slyter is in slyter    (confirmed GS)

f) Camp Menu: Game settings  shows one state for "Battle Continuation"
      that is always OPPOSITE of what shows under Diplomacy Settings for
      SAME BUTTON (reported by GS)

g) forums before Oct 28 list a half dozen issue that havent been
investigated by me:
  1 "choice 2 of F23 formations order_for_1_row  gives string error"

2 helping another faction fight a party gives no relations hit with the
      party you fought.  They blame only the original faction that fought them.

3 Money lender says "Scillingas" instead of "Aurums".

4 Formations  F2: F6/F7  stand closer  spread out  do nothing

5 Rhino hunt reported broken

6 Banners not displayed for kings (and only kings)  [sept 2]

7 church fort of mallakiri gives mnu_camp choice of a fight against 0 people
    (bottom page 8 bug report version .70)

8 View companion missions report always returns empty list  [sept 3]

9 [sept 3] Formations and cavalry report

10 Khul Vara seiges have a stuck point [sept 3, page 10]

11 Vinica castle gate doors have see through

12 Freelancer -- marriage to lord (also becoming a lord) bugs freelancer state

13 todo - blue elf dialogs refer to players (of all races) as "human"
    I did put a hook there in my code review to adjust that but it hasn't been done yet.

14 [sept 4 Malorn] changing culture page 12 different costs/effects
    between chancellor and chamberlain

15 Mercenary females and others with edited textures have faces that turn white at
    medium range (approx 100 meters).  Confirmed GS.  Useful would be a list of all
    such units...

16 Royal Scribe Elintharil dialog broken? page 12 bottom [sept 5]
  reported fixed by Modder223, *in progress test to confirm with latest code*

17 Wyvern quest seemed to need specific conditions:
      not at war with Reich
      starting city not one of the neighbors Reich usually has clashes with
      not currently someone else's mercenary

18 Dwarfs using not-darf armor gives texture glitches? [sept 6 page 13 bottom]

19 Caravans to Dwarf kingdom don't exist, causing ecnomy to stagnate [sept 7 page 14]

20 Wife as a companion works but in all mods it has a glitch if your wife is captured
  either in battle or a seige: on getting freed she does not return to court nor
  can she be found as a companion talking to travellers.  If you do find her at another
  hall your dialog choices are "yes I'll fight" or "Surrender".  This I've personally witnessed
  in other mods, and I'm considering a fix next rev Perisno  - GS [Nov.28]

21 not closing the wyvern quest but telling Kunika you dont want her to join
  allowed an exploit to continue claiming 15K gold  [sept 14 page 17]

22 Lords will obey your requests to "I have a new order for you" | "I suggest a new action"
  even after they state they are refusing  [spet 15 page 17]
  :replied [page 18 bottom]

23 Old veteran dialog in Tolran  [sept 16 page 17]

24 Lend your Companion to a noble fails to get comapnion back if you marry
  the noble, as the open quest now points to the wedding and the companion
quest is overwritten.  [Sept 19, generic Diplomacy module bug]

25 Zann faction changes when capturing a lord they are at war with are >100
reported 3 times latest [Oct 26 page 23]

26 Faction relations screen overflows the right edge of players view screen
  reported 2 times [Nov 14 page 24]

27 Asking about pretenders when talking to king gives name of player instead
  of pretender name corresponding to that king.  [Nov 16 page 24]

28 Text missing first part of Kingslayer quest [Nov 16 page 24]

29 Autosell attempts to sell at castles [nov 16 page 24]

30 "Knight_1_1_Wife Error" replaced by Lady Lele, but she is still displayed.
  Note for her then just asks you to return.  More of a known wierdness than
  a show stopper, but listed for completeness. [Nov 27 page 26]

-------
- GS    wax seal affixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom