BUG report - NPC dialogue screen playing in a loop after siege [e1.0.2]

Users who are viewing this thread

AlbaLaordhen

Recruit
I had a very particular situation that led the game to this bug, so I think it was worth letting the devs know about this in case nobody else encounters it. It was game breaker, but luckily I had a previous save.

Description of the issue:
While I was on a siege with my armies, a group of several enemy armies approached me to fight me. I convinced the NPC who talked, Rhagaea, to me to join my kingdom instead (Battania), and she did. Then another of the attacking NPC talked to me to fight me, but this time I couldn't convince him to join me, so we went into battle. Rhagaea was on our side of the battle now. We won, and then the siege proceeded.

After conquering the castle and returning to the map, I saved, and as soon as I unpaused the game Rhagaea asked me something that didn't match the situation (I think the scene should have been displayed before the siege or even before the first battle): 'Do you have anything to say, before I give the order to attack?'. The first option, 'I want you to join my army', was greyed out, so I selected the option to leave. Then the game breaking issue occurs: I kept getting that dialogue scene, followed by a loading screen, and then again the dialogue scene, over and over in an infinite loop. Reloading the save didn't work.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Proceed to the map.
2. While being at war with a faction, find a castle to besiege with enemy armies around it (easier when it's the last castle of the faction).
3. Besiege the castle.
4. Wait for the enemy armies to approach you.
5. Convince the first enemy to join your faction.
6. Proceed to battle the rest of the enemies and win.
7. Continue the siege and conquer the castle.
8. Once back on the map, save your game (Optional).
9. Unpause the game.
10. Observe the issue.

Expected result:
Please ensure that the 'Do you have anything to say, before I give the order to attack?' dialogue scene is correctly displayed at the appropriate time.

Notes:
-I kept the save file in case the QA team needs me to forward it to them.
-I suppose the issue could also be reproduced besieging a city instead of a castle.

Back
Top Bottom