[BUG] Redefining Key to Left Control

Users who are viewing this thread

Egbert

Master Knight
When I redefine the left control key for "view outfit" it moves the view down but I can't look around at the front of my character, instead it follows the direction I'm facing. Most other keys work when switched to view outfit, just not left control.

Edit: It has always worked for me in M&B 1.011, but never in Warband.

Left control has always been hard to bind to any command in M&B, and I've never been entirely sure why. Bugs me too, because I could totally use that key. In old Native you couldn't get it to do anything either.

Then the other day I tried to take a picture of myself while I was in view outfit mode, and hitting Ctrl+Ins to take the screenshot reset my view to behind me (same problem you're having) so I couldn't get the angle I wanted. I sincerely don't know what's up with that key.

Johnny Morphine said:
Left control has always been hard to bind to any command in M&B, and I've never been entirely sure why. Bugs me too, because I could totally use that key. In old Native you couldn't get it to do anything either.

Then the other day I tried to take a picture of myself while I was in view outfit mode, and hitting Ctrl+Ins to take the screenshot reset my view to behind me (same problem you're having) so I couldn't get the angle I wanted. I sincerely don't know what's up with that key.

interesting, I know that if its bound to an outside program, there is no problems with it. I use left control for my voice toggle button in vent/mumble.

My guess is that because it's binding is hardcoded to built-in features (such as screenshots and cheats) M&B likes to ignore or incorrectly interpret any game commands we might set to it.

Back
Top Bottom