Bug or just dumb AI?

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be nice if the AI could even comprehend "fronts".
If the faction is strong enough, maybe it could be acceptable open up an adjacent front, but it should never open up an opposite one.

Would also be nice if the AI could consider the travel distance / time between fronts.

I guess we can't ask for too much however. And who knows what magic Mexxico is doing with his tweaking. That man is a miracle worker.
Yeah I agree with you 100%. Would love the AI to have enough depth to make logical decisions like you mention. Would also love for the AI to actually create armies and actually move them near the enemy territory they intend to declare war on before they declare war. It would also be nice if your own faction gave you an advance notice they intended to declare war so you could get prepared before a war. Finally it would be really nice if your faction actually reacted to to another country declaring war on us when we were already at war with another faction. It seems to take forever for them to send lords/armies to the 2nd front and most of the time they just focus 100% on the original enemy, at least until the new warring faction burns enough villages and takes enough fiefs they can't ignore it any longer.

You also right about Mexxico. It he can fix something and is actually allowed to fix something by management (which isn't a given), it will probably be fixed or fixed at least as well as it can be given limitations.

Yes, we need to show more data in these screens for example town / castle / clan counts... Even these are added still it is not enough. Because having more settlements actually is not a reason for getting better tribute offers - its actually opposite, if you have high strength & clan count but if you have less number of fiefs your clans want war more. Anyway there are some works for these stuff to inform player better but I do not know what is planned actually.

During war / peace votings there will be explanations also. Its on development queue.
Well its good to know its in queue at the least.

Another question on this subject, do you know if AI kingdoms ever declare war on a players Kingdom for those tribute renegotiation "wars" (the 0-1 day wars for AI)? I feel like this is potentially happening but the AI can't peace out so you just end up in war against multiple factions and with each new war your tribute gets worse.

An example:
My kingdom was in a war with Vlandia and we decide to make peace and declare war on the Khuzait. Pretty soon after Battania declares war on us and a few days later so does the Southern empire. Mean while the tribute remained high with no desire to make peace (i think your recent changes may fix this). My strength was about equal to all of these kingdoms, so it definitely wasn't a case of my kingdom being able to fight everyone in terms of strength.

eYBtg.jpg

Battania declares war.
YPga_.jpg
Qg0CI.jpg

Southern Empire declares war.
JFJWo.jpg
j53E0.jpg
t_IME.jpg

My guess is that once one of my armies lost to the khuzait and dropped my strength it must of triggered some kind of better tribute situation for Battania and Southern Emp to declare war to try and renegotiate but aren't able too since they can't peace out. I have no doubt it also has something to do with my fief to strength ratio, but without this kind of information provided ingame its hard for me to know what I would need to change (either more fiefs or more clans). You can see once Southern emp declares war on me all the tribute numbers grow with no desire to make peace (understandable considering they were 5k-6k tributes per empire)

Back
Top Bottom