Bug or feature?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopnik

Recruit
Now before i get started, i want to make clear, i haven't kept up with all the updates since 1.7.2v. that being said i did play about 10ish hours on v1.8.0 and so far 50ish on 1.9.0. and i have noticed the AI really does not like War. it seems, Giving every time a war is declared a battle or two is fought and then boom, We have peace. even when both sides are still strong and ready to fight, no castles taken, no towns sieged and yet... we have peace after about 5-10 in game days. this quite frankly is boring and progress killing aswell. largest part of Bannerlord is fighting lords, gaining renowned and is selling anything that isn't edible. and for the peace deals to be often as they are, doesn't even allow the lords of the realm to even form an Army to do anything with. it is just destroying the fun of the game. IMO. i don't understand why Taleworlds is obsessed with making the game "Balanced" when, if this a bug. it needs to be fixed asap because it a determent to the gameplay loop. If it's a feature/intentional then why?. I could totally be wrong about this... but the main attraction of this game is seeing these massive battles, on the ground with your men. and progressing your skills, party, and clan. and you can't do any of that with the AI being just too passive. this leaves you only the most grindy ways to progress and by extension the most boring and unfun way to play the game.

sorry if this was hard to read. i ranted a little bit :smile:

It´s usually because another faction made war on them. Look at the opponents army and they rush away.

The diplomacy is quite lacking in the game. However if the peace is the result of a war declaration from a third faction, it's a wise decision. I used Diplomacy mod for a while which added several features to the war/peace question, one of it being a fixed minimum time of war, to deal with the super-short war problems. However that was quite bad in the end because it urged factions to stay in war, resulting frequently in 3:1 wars which wrecked the receiving faction (so I stopped using Diplomacy mod).

My last playthrough was plagued by 2-day wars. I'd be lucky to get into one big battle before it got called off. There was one war that got cancelled within the same day, and we weren't at war with anyone else at the time. I thought it was because of the mod I was using, Calradia at War, adding a bunch of minor factions at war with everyone and fooling the kingdoms into thinking they had too many wars going on, but I'm starting to see the same really short wars in my 1.0 run without that mod.

However if the peace is the result of a war declaration from a third faction, it's a wise decision.
Its a wise decision for the outnumbered party to seek peace, but not so wise for the attackers to accept it when they have the upper hand. I think they're putting way too much value on the tribute payments when there's land to be conquered and glory to be gained.

For the player, it seems like its all or nothing. If you play as a vassal, be prepared to spend lots of time doing nothing until war's declared, then race to the front and hope to get in a battle or two before peace is declared and another long period of waiting. Or you make your own kingdom and have non-stop war where you never get a chance to do anything else. Its very frustrating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom