Bug or error Reports for BW Reworked post here

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello gamers.
These are mostly bugs on my target list.
1) Jewelry was just dropped in and not implemented throughout the code. Ignore it for now.
2) Morale doesn't actually reflect the true morale. I added in code to make lack of rest decrease morale, but it bungled things up.
I have a solution not released yet.
3) The game has a benign bug from my adding 2 mercenaries to each tavern versus 1 in Vanilla. The 2nd mercenary could be anyone in the troops list that's not a npc. It may not be fixable. What I did was disable recruiting of these odd characters.
4) vdt_regular discard_buffer() is something I can research. I'm glad to hear it's moving along. This one may not be quickly fixable but I'll try.
It would help if I knew whether the issue was with the Mystic Merchant or the companion dialog. When you get a CTD bug, go to the last save and see if you can get it to repeat under slightly different circumstances. For example, attempt to avoid the MM OR give the companion something different.
GDW

Theres also another issue (I think mentioned above), where the relations change drastically very fast. I engaged bandits for 1st time and relations went from -8 to -107.

Also, not sure if intentional (not really a bug), but the outfits of teams in tournaments sometimes end up being same color. Makes it difficult to distinguish except via helmets.

gdwitt said:
Hello gamers.
These are mostly bugs on my target list.
1) Jewelry was just dropped in and not implemented throughout the code. Ignore it for now.
2) Morale doesn't actually reflect the true morale. I added in code to make lack of rest decrease morale, but it bungled things up.
I have a solution not released yet.
3) The game has a benign bug from my adding 2 mercenaries to each tavern versus 1 in Vanilla. The 2nd mercenary could be anyone in the troops list that's not a npc. It may not be fixable. What I did was disable recruiting of these odd characters.
4) vdt_regular discard_buffer() is something I can research. I'm glad to hear it's moving along. This one may not be quickly fixable but I'll try.
It would help if I knew whether the issue was with the Mystic Merchant or the companion dialog. When you get a CTD bug, go to the last save and see if you can get it to repeat under slightly different circumstances. For example, attempt to avoid the MM OR give the companion something different.
GDW

Hi Gdwitt,
thx for your answers and for your work. As I see, you move this project in a very good direction, so thank you again and don't stop with this!

Tournaments: Can you tell me which tournament city had this problem? There are over 15 templates for tournament gear.
Bandits: At least they are supposed to be your enemy. You usually get -99 when you are at "war" with another faction.
I apologize for not having as much time as I hoped to chase all these bugs.
I will prioritize crashes and things that I know how to fix.
Try to bear with the morale incorrect display issue for a bit longer.

Coders are welcome.

Okay, I may be coloring outside of the lines on this as before installing the latest MBWBRW/patch/music I patched WB to the 1.170 level currently on the TW downloads page -- while I see in the OP that you have only certified this for 1.168 and older.  I appreciate the amount of time and effort you have put into this, as well as your expertise, passion, and patience  :grin: -- so if this is on me because of my WB update, I apologize for that!

But what I am seeing is that after accepting his "come back with five men" quest and rounding-up a posse of village peasants that there was no merchant in the tavern (actually a "Mead Hall" in Grantebrycge -- where I had materialized and received my maiden mugging).

Technically, there was a Mystic Merchant both day 1 and the morning of day 2 when I checked, plus considerable number of other barflies -- but not the initial merchant who came to my rescue and gave the quest. I spoke with everyone in the establishment and none of them had dialogs indicating a knowledge of this quest.

EDIT: Okay a second data-point.  I started another game choosing to materialize in Cantwarabuge this time and got a bandit quest. After suppressing the miscreants I back to my local mead hall for my reward and, though the joint was jumping, my merchant was AWOL.

This is a new issue I haven't seen recently. I don't see why 1.70 would change the code directing the merchant.
Are you sure we're talking about BW Reworked here?

Thanks, yes I am definitely using Reworked and am quite enjoying it. BUT I may have figured the issue out or at least worked around it.

On day 12 I stopped back by to see if the merchant was there, but he wasn't. I did however recruit a companion at that time. In the course of upgrading companion's arms and armor I stopped back in and there he was.  I spoke with him and accepted the quest to interrogate a small group of local bandits about the hostage, so all seems normal now.

Is it possible that there just wasn't enough room for him to show up in the mead hall? It was very full and it seemed that he showed-up right after I took one character away.

That's a good observation. I did add a 2nd mercenary party to Brytenwalda taverns, but I didn't realize there was a limit on people in the tavern.
Any thoughts modders?

BWReworkedv26vA_Standalone20161127 + BW12217
There are no Book Merchants in taverns, error message appears:
w2vxyxz.png
This is what I've found out:
3B5yamT.png
fRoF92i.png
6twSBWq.png
Replacing 83 with 98 in these files and also in menus.txt at line 316 at block
521 3 1224979098644774934 144115188075855878 83
solves the problem.

I think this slot_num change is not intended and may cause other (unnoticed yet) problems. The slot_center_tavern_bookseller constant is 98 in source files.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.
I'm sure I can fix this.
Remember I added the feature of buying books from monasteries. Is this working?
I was going to work on book reading this week.
You're doing it the hard way with number comparison.
You can get the source files (in readable English) from the link below my avatar.

Very old bug with incorrect work of supply wagon and duplicating troops:
tl7U4DS.png
0A7rIfN.png
m0DJowI.png
Removing a troop stack (by removing all troops of the same type) actually shifts other stacks (stack of "stacks"), so that code
(try_for_range, ":stack_no", 0, ":num_stacks"),
(party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop","p_temp_loot_wagon",":stack_no"),
(party_stack_get_size, ":stack_size","p_temp_loot_wagon",":stack_no"),
(party_remove_members,"p_temp_loot_wagon",":stack_troop",":stack_size"),
Removes troops from stack 0, then tries to remove troops from stack 2, because after removing stack 0, stack 1 becomes 0, 2 becomes 1 and so on.
Fixed code:
("restore_wagon_troops",
  [

(party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_temp_loot_wagon"),
(party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop","p_temp_loot_wagon",0),
(party_stack_get_size, ":stack_size","p_temp_loot_wagon",0),
(party_remove_members,"p_temp_loot_wagon",":stack_troop",":stack_size"),
(party_add_members, "p_main_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
(try_end),
(party_get_num_prisoner_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_temp_loot_wagon"),
(try_begin),
(gt,":num_stacks",0),
(party_prisoner_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop","p_temp_loot_wagon",0),
(party_prisoner_stack_get_size, ":stack_size","p_temp_loot_wagon",0),
(party_remove_prisoners,"p_temp_loot_wagon",":stack_troop",":stack_size"),
(party_add_prisoners, "p_main_party", ":stack_troop", ":stack_size"),
(try_end),
(try_end),
(display_message,"@                Supply wagon troops have been reassigned to the main party."),

]),
vo6bmbz.png

Bought a weapon, Cavalry flail mace I think its called, and I'm getting this error whenever I swing it
Unrecognized opcode 3308.; LINE NO: 9:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3317.; LINE NO: 11:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3308.; LINE NO: 9:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3317.; LINE NO: 11:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3308.; LINE NO: 9:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3317.; LINE NO: 11:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3308.; LINE NO: 9:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3317.; LINE NO: 11:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. Unrecognized opcode 3308.; LINE NO: 9:
At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0. At Item itm_flail2_blunt_alt trigger no: 0.
Was kinda hyped cause it was the first flail mace I've seen in warband so I really hope there is a fix for this.

Sidenote:
Shouldn't this do piercing damage? Or at the very least, have an alternate weapon mode that changes between piercing and blunt.

@Sladki,
Nice contribution. I added it. It's nice not have to figure the solution out.

@Zmeister.
The flail is a unique feature of this submod.
The default item_kinds1 doesn't have the scripts to avoid that error.
To not see the errors, you need to set up WSE (see the detailed instructions) and use the item_kinds1 for WSE/flails.

I can add another version that does pierce damage.

Hello. I have a CTD when I want to talk to follower Osmund. Game crashes every time. Also I have random crashes when entering battle with bandits, on field and in defending villages. Also goods item Jewelry has price 1 gold and quantity 0/0.
20170407152951_1_zpso9bsl3xw.jpg
Are those random characters in tawerns a feature or a bug.
20170407184628_1_zpsvpw0fgzf.jpg
Some trees don't have hitboxes and some bushes (and one skeleton) do.
brytenwalda%20bug_zpsjinpbm3j.jpg

Ps. Prices of ore and metal in Wales are to cheap, you can do a lot of money really fast, they should cost little bit more. Cattle is too expensive ~500 would be a good price, so you can make a little profit buing them. There are several option to build an enterprise in a city, but only winery makes decent money. Some goods prices tweaking is needed, in my opinion, for instance increasing price of letherwork makes building a tannery a good option.
Best wishes on your work with the mod.

About the Hitboxes, it is now way better then at the Ori. Brytenwalda. I did change and delete broken ones, a lot of them. There are maybe still some trees left. I will take a look at this once again and some scenes i would like to see them fixed, too. Where you have floating plants, trees. That all is because of the PolishedLandscape Mod wich is already at a way better version in this BW Submod now.

Thank you very much for your Bug report  jpuzon85

I think you are using the old version of BW Reworked. I fixed some of those issues including jewelry and some random crashes.
Please tell me what happened before speaking to Osmund.
Did you meet with the mystic merchant? Were you doing a quest or arena interaction?
I'm trying to track down all the sources of what may cause those crashes.

I am not familiar with the hitbox issue.

I'll give it a try. It's always been hard for me to replicate CTD's. The more contextual details the better.
Someone's arm is a non-merchandise item for a future quest. I'll have to see how it is being called.

Back
Top Bottom