Bug - Necromancer without necromancy skill & some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings to whom will read this post.

I started playing a necromancer :
First class : necromancer
Second class : mage
Race : vaegir

My character have an undead appearance, is it linked to my necromancer class ?

The bug is that in the character menu, I don't have any necromancy class wich should be I think between the creativity and the magic defense skills.

Plus I don't have acces to lichdom despite the fact that i can summon shadows. (I saw on a post here that a level of 8 in necromancy was necessary to sumon shadows and accès lichdom.

Another question : is it possible to play as an evil human or to play as a shadow ? (in fact having a shadow skin)

Thanks in advance for your help !

Greetings to whom will read this post.

I started playing a necromancer :
First class : necromancer
Second class : mage
Race : vaegir

My character have an undead appearance, is it linked to my necromancer class ?

The bug is that in the character menu, I don't have any necromancy class wich should be I think between the creativity and the magic defense skills.

Plus I don't have acces to lichdom despite the fact that i can summon shadows. (I saw on a post here that a level of 8 in necromancy was necessary to sumon shadows and accès lichdom.

Another question : is it possible to play as an evil human or to play as a shadow ? (in fact having a shadow skin)

Thanks in advance for your help !
Waking up as a necromancer now gives you the lich skin. This is intentional.

There is no access to Necromancer skill in order to keep you from trying to make all your companions into necromancers.
This would fail, but even if you edit the character with some tool and reimport your party will be cursed. And necromancy would not work as intended, because there are other checks added as well to boost response during battle to just a list of necromancers/liches/dark mages in order to implement the lich fear aura and control of undead aspects in the background.

For this week's version, due probably thursday/friday-ish this week, your effective level is both based on the 7 necomancy points given at character start to primary class necromancers (and there is no becoming a necro sometime after start of game now) PLUS a scaling based on your level. Also I should point out necromancers are CONSIDERABLY more powerful in v158/v160 than they ever were during .763 Guspav. I'll provide code for each so you can decide which one you think you want to run with, all or nothing. with a considerable probably couple man months needed to hybridize the two. From a line count perspective there are 120K added lines of script in v158 vs Guspav's core, and key cycles during battle were not optimized in his version. I expect lag at around 45-50 agents per side in Guspav's original, while you should be able to smoothly run 120 or so per side at a given instant in the post Guspav era. The code is absolutely not interchangeable, as many assumptions exist for either model. You'll see. Also something I added was to silently create some lesser undead after large battles; you click nothing, it is done for you, and is not on any cooldown timer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom