[BUG] Most armour (and potentially weapons) missing from the trader

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's the link of the file (make a copy just in case).
i've left this string, because it was different.
<!--
<!--<Item multiplayer_item="true" id="arming_cap" name="Arming Cap" subtype="head_armor" mesh="arming_cap_a" culture="Culture.vlandia" value="24" weight="0.5" difficulty="0">
Thank you, I made a mistake when was editing mine, you saved me a whole lot of trouble :smile:

Oddly enough only the Khuzait and The Empire sells heavy armor for me.. I havent had any issue finding good gear in Khuzait.. after a tour around the rest of the map, most of these cities only sell tier 2 stuff.

It's pretty pathetic that players already have to mess with lines of code just to buy better gear that should've already have been there in the first place. Did they even test this? I highly doubt it. Just making all of us Early Access shmucks test out basic functions for a Mount and Blade game.

What was the best that you could find in terms of armour? The best body armour I found was 39 Body, 11 Legs, 3 Legs in the Khuzait lands.
So far nothing better.

I'm likely wrong but it looks like the only items affected by the multiplayer_item="true" line have been some horse harnesses and siege projectiles, and I've seen some of the former in game already (for example the steppe harness). Other items are present in the folder that I know I've never seen in a shop, like the Western Crowned Helmet (the one Dether wears), unaffected by the multiplayer_item="true" line, unless I'm missing something

I'm likely wrong but it looks like the only items affected by the multiplayer_item="true" line have been some horse harnesses and siege projectiles, and I've seen some of the former in game already (for example the steppe harness). Other items are present in the folder that I know I've never seen in a shop, like the Western Crowned Helmet (the one Dether wears), unaffected by the multiplayer_item="true" line, unless I'm missing something

Same here, running around I don't see any new items being added after adjusting the .xml file, which saddens me deeply. I think they are not being excluded based on that parameter, or that we are touching the wrong file.

I read somewhere that this might be either an oversight by TW or a Bug that has not been found yet.

Essentially, items that are flagged for multiplayer ("Multiplayer=true") in the config, don't appear in trader inventories in singleplayer. Apparently if you untoggle this option they start appearing.

I'd be interested if they made it so that towns with ironmongers (blacksmiths) could get highter tier armour, like chain maile, if they have a tanner they could get higher tier leather stuff, basically create a supply and demand for arms and armour, then instead of having these facilities create a set income of 200 or what ever, it goes up in times of war and back down to a basic income during peace, (peasents getting plows and tools fixed etc).

The wood worker for example could increase the quantity of shields, bows, xbows and polearms as well as when construction projects are going on generate more income or a boost to construction speed. It would create a more diverse and strategic manner for equipment to be created.

Or even work the building levels into it, so a tier 1 backsmith would produce basic swords and armour, a tier 2 would produce mid level stuff and a tier 3 would make top tier, as well as more, even having chances for higher quality pieces to appear. then from all this caravans could be set to see if it would be profitable to purchess equipment at stocked towns and sell it to towns that are dealing with shortages.

obviously towns without these buildings would still have some equipment however it would just be really basic stuff.

I'd be interested if they made it so that towns with ironmongers (blacksmiths) could get highter tier armour, like chain maile, if they have a tanner they could get higher tier leather stuff, basically create a supply and demand for arms and armour, then instead of having these facilities create a set income of 200 or what ever, it goes up in times of war and back down to a basic income during peace, (peasents getting plows and tools fixed etc).

The wood worker for example could increase the quantity of shields, bows, xbows and polearms as well as when construction projects are going on generate more income or a boost to construction speed. It would create a more diverse and strategic manner for equipment to be created.

Or even work the building levels into it, so a tier 1 backsmith would produce basic swords and armour, a tier 2 would produce mid level stuff and a tier 3 would make top tier, as well as more, even having chances for higher quality pieces to appear. then from all this caravans could be set to see if it would be profitable to purchess equipment at stocked towns and sell it to towns that are dealing with shortages.

obviously towns without these buildings would still have some equipment however it would just be really basic stuff.
This is already in the game mate cities with ironmonger sell better armor and weapons while the ones with woodshop sell better bows and shield etc.

hardly, i've had both in seperate towns and they sell the same crap as everywhere, best armour is always from imperial cities, Vladria only ever has Gambeson's at best.

It's pretty pathetic that players already have to mess with lines of code just to buy better gear that should've already have been there in the first place. Did they even test this? I highly doubt it. Just making all of us Early Access shmucks test out basic functions for a Mount and Blade game.
This is why im so tired of people just crying out its early access because early access would imply that some basic things were tested such as can you even get crossbows for a reasonable price or buy top tier armor it seems like there are so many BASIC things they just didnt care to test did any of them actually play the game before releasing it because this feels like a empty demo

also early access is the time for people to complain so taleworlds can actually fix the game

Same here, running around I don't see any new items being added after adjusting the .xml file, which saddens me deeply. I think they are not being excluded based on that parameter, or that we are touching the wrong file.

I started a new game and I definitely started seeing new items with this tweak, however it still seems to be broken somehow. Especially Vlandian cities seem to have almost no armor on offer, none of their faction armor, and in some cases it feels as though some of the cities always have the exact same few items on offer.

It seems some factions are missing armor. Like I've found high tier empire armor in their cities, but every Battanian city just has tier 1 cloth. Can anyone confirm if shops even update their stocks? After a year in game I swear the weapon/armor selection in every city is exactly the same.

Looked around some nearby Battanian towns and can confirm there is nothing but cloth armor.

Back
Top Bottom