e1.7.2.314157
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

synida

Recruit
Summary:
A few days ago during a siege event I had to deploy units as a defender. Sometimes the units doesn't go up to the wall in time and with that they let the attackers have the upper hand from the siege towers, so I wanted to deploy the units on the wall, but for some reason the game tried to put all of them very close to each other, and some of the units fell from the wall and died. I think two things could be improved here; first, quick and dirty fix is to disable the fall damage during deployment mode, and enable it again when the player is ready. Second; the unit placement spacing method should be reviewed.

How to Reproduce:
1. Play a siege battle as a defender
2. Place a batch of 50+ soldiers on the wall
3. Game will try to put them all on the exact spot you clicked on
4. Some of them will fall down, and suffer fall dmg/die

Have you used cheats and if so which:
Used mod: Keep own fief: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1132
shouldn't affect it tho

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Didn't record it, actually forget about it, just remembered this morning, I'll check if I have a save file where I can record it - most likely not.

I just tried this with custom battle on the same version, the troops do indeed fall down but they were none killed. Could you try to capture a video of this issue happening?

well I need to have a save file where I'm besieged, which I checked and I don't. If the wall is not high enough they still receive fall dmg, and I guess it also depends on the city/castle wall layout as well. I started capturing castles and cities in vlandia, the wall level was 2-3 I guess. And Idk which one was it exactly, but I think it was Ostican with the sea in the background that city layout. Or maybe Drapand Castle.
I've got like a batch of 180 infantry or so, first when I put them on the wall a good 10-12 died, then I restarted the game like 5 times, while tried to minimize the size of the units(cuz with each click some of them fell down and died or received fall dmg and died when fell down second time), then I gave up on it and ordered them to the wall after the battle started.
While deploying them, I placed the units directly at the point where the siege tower would arrive - so they fell down there.

Back
Top Bottom