Resolved BUG: companion teleports if capturing castle where the companion is held in prison

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.1.310948
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

synida

Recruit
Summary:
I had one of my companions imprisoned in one of the castle, while I was in war with Vandalia or whats the name of the country. Then since I just started my new kingdom, and didn't have any noobles yet, I decided to capture the castle, freeing my companion with it and then I can add her back as a party leader. I captured the castle(Hongard Castle), then I checked the location of the companion in the Clan->Members tab, and it said that she is in Hongrad Castle, but when I looked anywhere I couldn't see her. A half day later then the game teleported here to Dunglanys. I don't own that town, it's in battanian hands, and I never owned it. I was part of their kingdom like 60 days before then, then I left them and kept all my holdings, which was only 2: Ocs Hall and Talivel Castle. Last relevant information I can think of is that she has sturgian culture with Ocs Hall Hometown - according to the encyclopedia, so these seems to be irrelevant.

How to Reproduce:
I guess maybe the best is to get into a kingdom(battania fe), leave the kingdom, go in war with vlandria(or what) get your companion into a castle prison, then capture the castle.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
Mod was used: Adjustable Level Up Points - but it should be irrelevant

Media (Screenshots & Video):
I was banned from the forum at that time, cuz my email I registered with seemed sus, so I felt like I wont be reporting it, and thus I didn't record it, or made picture. sad face

Hey, as far as i know the compainons will return to a settlement of their own culture after getting their freedom, you should have encountered them if they were in the dungeon of the castle. It could be that they were freed before you took over the castle and the encyclopedia did not update the whereabouts info. I will ask the issue to the team. Meanwhile, if you have a save file where we can inspect the issue please send it our way. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, i was not able to reproduce this issue. The companion got freed after the siege and spawned in an imperial city when healed enough, altough they were Vlandian, so i was wrong about this:
compainons will return to a settlement of their own culture after getting their freedom
Their last known location in the encyclopedia will be updated once they are ready to be taken back to the party so that might have caused the confusion. I will mark the thread as solved since the problem did not occur in vanilla. If you can reproduce it please send me the save file.

Actually I do have save file for this one as well. I also replayed the battle 2 times, after the first I accidentally left the game but she wasn't in the holding, and second time she teleported to a clan city.
But for first time I'm 100% sure she teleported to Dunglanys, cuz I only attacked that caste so I can free her, get her back to a party and use the manpower again, since this was the first war my kingdom had I didn't have the chance yet to buy new clans, so every party mattered.

mkay, so I'll upload the save files, and add description to reproduction steps as well. I also made some pictures this time.

Initial scenario
First off I started here(1):

At this point I saw that she is kept in prison for nasty behavior in Hongrad Castle.
1. from here I went there and besieged the castle.
2. I was able create 2 siege towers and 1 battering ram before the enemy armies hit me, but I think when first time I played it I only attacked with a ram and a single siege tower. I dont remember if the army besieged the castle after the first time this happened, but I think they didn't.
During the siege they have ballistas on the wall, so they didn't destroy the battering ram
4. After I captured the castle the clan tab showed that she is at the holding but she wasn't
5. She teleported to Dunglanys not long after that.

I do have a save file where I finished the war right after that, and I assigned here to create a new party, but she didn't have the time to come back to home territory yet, so she was still around that settlement. You can see that in this save file(2):

Then this morning when I saw the mgs I checked the save files, saw that I actually do have save files, so I tried to reproduce it and did it twice. From the first one I didn't make photos, cuz I went to the castle, cuz I didn't see her in the holding and I thought that button is to check the keep in the strategy map, and instead of holding tab to exit I pressed esc and exit game by reflex, but I confirmed that in the clan tab she was showing as she is at the holding but she wasn't.

Reproduction
As for the second reproduction I created an another save file, which is right before the siege event, right before I pressed the assault button(3):
This time 2 armies gathered around me, and they besieged me right after I captured the castle, so this might have an effect on where the character teleports, but I can't confirm it. However independently from this the companion wasn't in the holding right after the battle, and clans tab showed that she is there.

Pictures
First one showing her(Ivaren Willowbark) that she is a prisoner at Hongard castle. This was made during the reproduction phase.

Then this next picture shows the moment right after the battle, that she can't be seen in the castle in the strategy map. This was made during the reproduction phase as well.

Not going ahead in time, but checking the clans menu members tab, shows that she is in the holding. Also from the reproduction phase.

Then I waited a bit of in-game time and she was teleported to Pravend - which was at this point a clan city. Also from the reproduction phase.

And then we have a picture from the very first scenario when she teleported to Dunglanys, I made this pic, so you don't have to open the save file. This shows that she is deep in that area, this is like 2 days after the siege.

Back
Top Bottom