In Progress Bug: Child sibling loses all skill upgrades if you choose back-arrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: While playing, there are times when one of my character's child siblings requires immediate attention for their training. When you open the alert, it takes you to a story screen that translates decisions into skill points. After I made both choices, there is a third (random) attribute that is given. At this point you can accept, or choose the back-arrow to go back and change your previous answers. If you use the back-arrow to go all the way to the beginning, it eventually closes this upgrade window. At this point, it does not return later again in the game, and you do not receive any upgrades. The end result is a full-grown young adult with 0 skill attributes.
How to Reproduce: When given the opportunity to select training for your child sibling, choose the back-arrow to close this screen. It will not return again, and the sibling will arrive at adulthood with no skills.

as an addendum to this. you can randomly get a second of a skill point you previously selected but each level seems to have a maximum gain of 1 per attribute so if you arnt paying attention you can waste skill points. further you can also (found for bow not checked for others) give them more than 5 focus points into a child via education thus wasting the point.

I am having a similar issue, and I noticed something else that may be relevant to the OP's issue.

After I hit the back arrow and left the education screen, I reloaded an earlier save so I could try it again. After I reloaded, I didn't get any education prompts ever again for that character. She grew to adulthood with no skills or attributes.

I only get the prompts intermittently for children in my game. They don't come up at the appropriate intervals, and every child in the family is underskilled when they reach adulthood.

(Main branch 1.5.9, unmodded game.)

Back
Top Bottom