e1.7.1.310948
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

synida

Recruit
Summary:
As part of the battanian kingdom one of the clan leader gave me a task to recruit 19 battanian skirmisher and deliver it to his castle(not to him at his castle - so like telling me that it needs to be him to be delivered to, and he can be found most likely at his castle). So I went around the country looking for recruits, but soon I realized, that there aren't that many recruitables from this type of unit - after checking every single settlements and villages, I could only recruit like 5 - mostly due to the just finished war with other country depleted the kingdoms recruitables in the villages, however I found that I can get 1 tier lower unit, that would make it to a total of 19 or more with the 5 correct ones I recruited if I train them up to 1 higher tier. So got those wood runner dudes as recruits and swiftly visited 2 hideouts to properly train them up to battanian skirmishers. Once it was done I went back to his castle, someone was actually home, but she didn't care about the task description, so I had to find the quest giver. Once I found him the only option I had is that I'm still searching. The checkbox in the quest description was clearly marked green, so I didn't really know what is going on.
Then I though that maybe the issue is that I trained them, so I went around once again in the whole country, and in the meanwhile the battanian skirmisher recruit reserves of the country were replaced, so I could gather enough - at the end I had 38 of them, so even if the trained ones wouldn't count which I would have enough recruited ones. So I went back to the quest giver presenting the fresh, green, hand picked, organic battanian skirmishers aaaand nope, I'm still out recruiting was the only possible option, just as before.
So I thought.. mkay, then maybe the issue is that when the game checks the battanian skirmishers they must have 0 exp above the level they are on. Then I remembered that if I garrison my units they loose their exp bar - at least the visual representation of the UI suggested that. So I went to my castle, garrisoned units and pulled back only 19 of them, just to be sure that the problem is not that I have too many units when I try to give them to him. Thus I went back again to finish the quest, aaaaand nope. Same as before, I'm still out recruiting.

How to Reproduce
:
Well... I think this is a trickier one, because I'm not exactly sure what is the issue. The above description is how I got this error. I think the issue is maybe which the training the units? or going to clear hideout with those units? Hard to tell.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
I used a mod: Adjustable Level Up Points - but this shouldn't affect it.

Scene Name (if related): Well not scene, but generic quest related: <PartyLeader> needs garrison troops in <Location>

Media (Screenshots & Video):
mkay, so this one is after I collected the 5 battanian skirmishers AND trained the rest of the wood runners:

then I talked to the guy:

then I went around and collected this much units, went back same results:

then I went to my castle, dropped the units to get rid of the exp bar, and pulled back 19 units - actually this pis was before I garrisoned in all the 38, then pulled 19 of them back:

Hey, can you please let me know if the issue is persistent on a new campaign after manually removing mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files? Thank you for your time. If you have a save file where we can ispect the issue, you can send the file to us for further inspection. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Ok there is one thing I "dont get" in the post, when you try to finish the quest where do you go to deliver the troops?

You go to the castle/town of the questgiver and talk to the new menu option you should have right - "Talk to garrison commander" then talk to said npc from the menu and deliver it to him.

I'm confused from your text if its the Questgiver(the lord) that you are trying to hand them over to, and if it is - then its not the right person to deliver the troops to.

Just want to make sure your issue is that your trying to hand it over to the wrong npc.

Hold on, I was checking my other issues so far, just got here, and I'll try to find a save file for this one as well, but I don't think that I'll be able to find one...

Yeah, so I just checked my saves and I don't have a save file for this one.

Then,
Ok there is one thing I "dont get" in the post, when you try to finish the quest where do you go to deliver the troops?
this quest has 2 issues, 1 major(can't finish the quest), and one minor(description of the task is incorrect).
So first about the minor issue, the quest says: deliver it to the garrison commander in Druimmor Castle. So the text could say deliver it to him directly, and he is most likely to be found in Druimmor Castle or around it(but with better wording ofc). But instead it only says to the garrison commander in Druimmor castle, and you have no idea who is the commander, or is he home or what. Cuz I found 1 guy at the castle, but that wasn't the garrison commander I guess, because I had the same options with him as well as for the quest giver after I collected the required 19 troops. Or if its a garrison commander I should deliver it to, then the quest description should say the name of the commander, like if you do other delivery quests, like take these horses to an another city, then the description always says the guy I need to hand it to.

I just checked an older save file and it says that the quest giver is the owner of the fief:

Anyway, I delivered it to him directly, the second picture above shows that I'm speaking with the quest giver when I already have the 19+ battanian skirmishers and the only options I can say is that I'm still searching or I need more time.

[..]manually removing mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files?
Sadly this time I don't have save file, because I didn't think that I'll have the mood to start reporting issues later for this game too. And also the default setting was to create save files when there is a turning point in the game. If it happens again I'll have sufficient info - but actually now I'm doing kingdom management stuffs, so I don't think that I'll try to go hunt for small settlement issues.
But the mod I'm using is very lightweight, it only changes the attributes and focus points on how much you receive after you level up, because I don't like the classification systems where I'm limited and can't try every aspect of the game with just 1 playthrough.

I did ask the mod developer tho to give read access to the source of the mod's codebase, cuz that's also a decent proof to see if it can affect it or not. And it's much easier to check the code then start a new game, and have some miracle to reproduce a bug that you are not even sure if it works in every case or what would trigger it, but you would have to suffer through the game, while you could play your main save file, and you are limited to the base game yari yari yara.

The problem is that I - as an individual - am a gamer playing in my free time when I'm not working. I work as a software developer on server side, and I don't want to spend my free time on working on someone else's problem. Sometimes I feel like helping and then I report a few bugs in each games or softwares I touch, but it's time consuming and I always realize, that it doesn't worth the effort you know. So a few low effort bug reports are always okay, but to actively work on it, is just too effort and not worth it. But even if I just create a ticket for it, and its buried under the time, cuz I don't wanna spend extra time on it, later on there is the chance that a second someone comes - even mb months later - has the same problem, tries to create the same ticket, sees the similar ticket, and confirm the case.

Back
Top Bottom