[BUG] Cannot Marry

Users who are viewing this thread

Darkside360

Recruit
I was a lord of the kingdom of Swadia and was wooing a lady. I got her to accept my marriage proposal and was given permission by her father. Then her father said he would hold a fest for us in a few days so we could be married. 2 days later he defects to the Nords taking his daughter with him and since then I have been unable to propose to any lady.

I tried switching to the Nords so I could continue my relationship with the lady but nothing changed.

I need a few more details.

After you joined the Nords, does the father still mention a feast?

Are you noted anywhere as still being betrothed to the lady in question?

Are you unable to build up your relation with ladies in the other faction, or are you blocked from proposing because you're already betrothed?

Finally, could you post this in the bugtracker (bugs.taleworlds.com) preferably with screenshots?

After you joined the Nords, does the father still mention a feast?

Nope, he just carries on like I never asked him. When I asked him what I could do to make a more permanent alliance he says no one is available in his family to wed. Before the father defected to Nords from Swadia he held the town of Dhirm, but took that with him and his daughter when he switched, making me fail the quest to marry.

Are you noted anywhere as still being betrothed to the lady in question?
No, the lady doesn't even acknowledge that I recently proposed to her like they usually do.

Are you unable to build up your relation with ladies in the other faction, or are you blocked from proposing because you're already betrothed?

I switched to the Nords to pursue the same lady, but when I could not continue I tried other ladies of the Nord faction. I could build up relations with them and all the dialogue that goes with it, but I never got the option to ask if we had a future together.

I switched to the Nords to pursue the same lady, but when I could not continue I tried other ladies of the Nord faction. I could build up relations with them and all the dialogue that goes with it, but I never got the option to ask if we had a future together.

It may be because the lady is already married, ask them if you can learn more about them.

BladeNShield said:

It may be because the lady is already married, ask them if you can learn more about them.

No thats not the case. She's available along with all the other ladies I pursue.

Yeah i have this EXACT same problem
i was part of the Nords, was to be wed soon.
Her father defects, taking her with him to swadia
not only will it not let me marry HER,
it also wont let me marry anyone else either.

More Details:
-It had given me the quest for getting married (though nothing i would do, it just said wait for the feast, i had 365 days to finish O.O)
-The father defected to Swadia
-He was missing, no noble knew where he was. they said he was "Nowhere"
-The daughter (i was to wed) ended up in a castle, i can find her, she does the whole "I miss you so much" crap. but no prompt to marry, or anything.
-Previously, after proposing, she would say she isint to talk to me before the wedding, so it did downgrade to un-engaged.
-i can no longer offer to elope with my other option (yeah i liked her model better, but her father LOVED (like 45 rep) me, but didn't want me to marry his daughter..... yeah.. >.<)
-If i go up to a lord, and ask how i can make our houses stronger, it no-longer prompts for me to date their daughter, it just kicks me out of the dialogue, the same thing happens if i ask the woman if i can see her later.

Thorlord said:
Yeah i have this EXACT same problem
i was part of the Nords, was to be wed soon.
Her father defects, taking her with him to swadia
not only will it not let me marry HER,
it also wont let me marry anyone else either.

More Details:
-It had given me the quest for getting married (though nothing i would do, it just said wait for the feast, i had 365 days to finish O.O)
-The father defected to Swadia
-He was missing, no noble knew where he was. they said he was "Nowhere"
-The daughter (i was to wed) ended up in a castle, i can find her, she does the whole "I miss you so much" crap. but no prompt to marry, or anything.
-Previously, after proposing, she would say she isint to talk to me before the wedding, so it did downgrade to un-engaged.
-i can no longer offer to elope with my other option (yeah i liked her model better, but her father LOVED (like 45 rep) me, but didn't want me to marry his daughter..... yeah.. >.<)
-If i go up to a lord, and ask how i can make our houses stronger, it no-longer prompts for me to date their daughter, it just kicks me out of the dialogue, the same thing happens if i ask the woman if i can see her later.

Nice to know its not just me. Game breaking, please devs get this looked at. I don't want to have to start a new game.

Could either of you go to the bugtracker (bugs.taleworlds.com) and post your savegame?

Edit -- Darkside, never mind, I see that you already did. I'll see what can be done. Thanks for that!

Back
Top Bottom