Resolved BUG: AI formations do not work because of weapon collision code dysfunction

Users who are viewing this thread

Leto Aus

Recruit
Summary: Currently and since release, AI formations are not effective in combat because troops' weapons consistently collide with their allies behind them. This is not intended design, and we have identified the culprit code. It is only a matter for your developers to trace and debug its function.

The culprit code is in <combat_parameters.xml>, and it is the line called <collision_check_starting_percent>. This was designed by your developers to prevent weapons colliding behind units when they attack, so that they may attack while in formations with allies behind them or to their side (like in Warband). However, at the moment is is malfunctioning and has no effect. Note that the corollary function, <collision_check_ending_percent> , is still working as designed, and also responds to alterations.

How to Reproduce: Be amongst a tight AI formation and attack enemies. Notice how your weapon becomes consistently stuck behind you; even the overhead slash and the underhead stab are interrupted. It is impossible to attack from within an AI formation (without leaving the formation). Notice that the same thing happens to allies.

Alternative way to reproduce: Order a formation into shieldwall with multiple rows, and allow an equivalent group with no formation to attack it. Notice how badly the shieldwall performs because of the premature collisions as troops swing. Now try the same with a shieldwall with a single row, and notice the vast improvement.

Hey man, dunno if you saw my comment and wrote this or found out yourself, but I talked about this in the exact same way in my mod's comments, check it out: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/495?tab=posts . This problem is quite a big one in my opinion and doesn't look too hard to solve for Taleworlds (then again I'm not a developer so what would I know if it's hard or not).

Thanks a lot for posting this man!

Last edited:
Hey man, dunno if you saw my comment and wrote this or found out yourself, but I talked about this in the exact same way in my mod's comments, check it out: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/495?tab=posts . This problem is quite a big one in my opinion and doesn't look too hard to solve for Taleworlds (then again I'm not a developer so what would I know if it's hard or not).

Thanks a lot for posting this man!
All credit to you Jack - actually, I had taken note of this bug in my 'tester book' a few weeks back, but didn't know enough about it to provide useful info to the developers. I read your post yesterday on the Nexus, made a few tests and concluded you were absolutely right.

and much credits to you for posting it! Thanks for trying to help out I wasn't sure anyone would understand what I was talking about aha. I hope it does catch their attention!

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom