[BUG] .660 Cant join Servers

Users who are viewing this thread

I am very sorry for this problem. It is strange because some people seem to experience this while some don't.

Anyway, we'll be working on this until we find a solution.

Yeah all the changes sound great on paper. I only played for like 20 mins then left the server for a min and can't rejoin so I didn't get to see much but some new weapons though.

All US servers appear to be down. Can't connect to EU servers at all (0/30 tries).

Also, one time it appeared to be thinking about connecting, but then told me "Incorrect Authorization Key".

I've faced similar problem in 650 for a few times already, but it mightbe caused by high package loss in my situation.

If you are experiencing this error, please use this executable for a quick fix:

http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mb_warband_0660_quick_fix.rar

All you need to do is to extract the archive and copy the executable to your game directory (overwrite).

Daegoth said:
If you are experiencing this error, please use this executable for a quick fix:

http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mb_warband_0660_quick_fix.rar

All you need to do is to extract the archive and copy the executable to your game directory (overwrite).
Seems it has fixed the issue!

Awesome thanks so much guys!  :razz:

I've had that error before, but not with Warband. Odd. I can't really remember what with. :???:
Nonetheless, it ought to be easily remedied by simply getting a newton.dll , but I can't really say where you could get it. :razz:
(I wonder, would any newton.dll work? If so, check your Mount&Blade folder, not the warband one, that should have a newton.dll aswell. :smile:

For the last two evenings, version .660 was connecting fine, never had a problem. Tonight I've tried to connect to many different servers, many times; every time it has paused for a second or two and then a dialog box saying "Error. Unable to connect to server." came up. I then downloaded and extracted the fixed .exe to the installation directory, warband starts, but exactly the same error occurs; I've restarted the game a few times, clicked "Start Search" to refresh the server list, still fails. There are a few people listed on some of the servers, so it can't be a problem for everyone; and I'm not sure what's different for me compared to last night, was there a server side patch? I could play another online game fine, so it doesn't seem to be my connection.

In rgl_log.txt there's only an uninteresting list of "Main server response:  ERROR", and since I run from linux with wine the console output after each attempt was:
Code:
fixme:wininet:HTTPREQ_QueryOption Semi-STUB INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS: 0
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS; STUB
err:wininet:NETCON_secure_connect SSL_connect failed: 12157
Not sure if that's interesting at all. If you'd rather not bother with problems reported while using linux and wine, that's OK, mainly posting to see if anyone else is having problems after applying the fix.

Vornne said:
For the last two evenings, version .660 was connecting fine, never had a problem. Tonight I've tried to connect to many different servers, many times; every time it has paused for a second or two and then a dialog box saying "Error. Unable to connect to server." came up. I then downloaded and extracted the fixed .exe to the installation directory, warband starts, but exactly the same error occurs; I've restarted the game a few times, clicked "Start Search" to refresh the server list, still fails. There are a few people listed on some of the servers, so it can't be a problem for everyone; and I'm not sure what's different for me compared to last night, was there a server side patch? I could play another online game fine, so it doesn't seem to be my connection.

In rgl_log.txt there's only an uninteresting list of "Main server response:  ERROR", and since I run from linux with wine the console output after each attempt was:
Code:
fixme:wininet:HTTPREQ_QueryOption Semi-STUB INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS: 0
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_FLAGS; STUB
err:wininet:NETCON_secure_connect SSL_connect failed: 12157
Not sure if that's interesting at all. If you'd rather not bother with problems reported while using linux and wine, that's OK, mainly posting to see if anyone else is having problems after applying the fix.

Im having the same problem as you but im using xp

OK :sad:

I've been unsuccessfully trying to connect every day for the last week or so; really starting to miss my daily hour or two...

Hope the next version will have fixed it somehow.

For people who are still experiencing connection problems while validating their serial number, please switch "use_secure_connection" option to 0 in rgl_config.txt file. For Windows XP it is located under C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Mount&Blade Warband and for Vista and 7, it should be under C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

This option will be available for versions later than 0.660.

Daegoth: unfortunately it didn't work; the same error messages came up on screen and in the terminal. I didn't find the option in rgl_config.txt, so I added the line "use_secure_connection = 0" at the end; while the game was running the file was left untouched, but after quitting rgl_config.txt was overwritten, removing the use_secure_connection line; I tested this with both the .660 .exe and the patched version, checking timestamps and using find in the editor. I guess it means that my client doesn't recognize that option? There aren't any other options listed with "secure" or "connection" in them.

Or since you said it was about verifying the serial number (happens about then), maybe my serial has been lost or removed from the approved list? Along with a few others... since it connected fine with the .660 client I've just tried to use, and other similar online games still work, I would guess it was some sort of server problem.

Thanks for the tip, anyway :smile:

Vornne said:
Daegoth: unfortunately it didn't work; the same error messages came up on screen and in the terminal. I didn't find the option in rgl_config.txt, so I added the line "use_secure_connection = 0" at the end; while the game was running the file was left untouched, but after quitting rgl_config.txt was overwritten, removing the use_secure_connection line; I tested this with both the .660 .exe and the patched version, checking timestamps and using find in the editor. I guess it means that my client doesn't recognize that option? There aren't any other options listed with "secure" or "connection" in them.

Or since you said it was about verifying the serial number (happens about then), maybe my serial has been lost or removed from the approved list? Along with a few others... since it connected fine with the .660 client I've just tried to use, and other similar online games still work, I would guess it was some sort of server problem.

Thanks for the tip, anyway :smile:

Im having this problem as well.

Back
Top Bottom